Something You all Should See.."The Century Of Self"

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I have railed against the propaganda of the media in getting intelligent people to act and vote against their own best interests in many posts. As a public service I will be offering the documentary "The Century Of Self" to help educate my fellow members of USMB on the mechanics of modern day advertising. I highly recommend all thinking members take the time to watch this series.

Part one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYBSXgtmKQ&feature=related]YouTube - The Century of the Self - 1 of 4 - Happiness Machines[/ame]

No thanks needed. My reward will be a better educated membership at my favorite message board.

Seen it!

Psychology is the study of NOT THINKING.

Most psychologists are helping manipulate other people into being stupid. Then they can convince themselves that they are smart.

That is some of what this BEHAVIORAL Economics is about.

Like it is intelligent for people to go into debt for junk designed to become obsolete and then the economists can spend the last 50 years ignoring the depreciation of the junk.

Give Nobel Prizes in economics to people that can't solve a grade school algebra problem. What has been the total depreciation of all of the automobiles in the world over the last 50 years? Wouldn't that be an economics question?

But new cars are supposed to make us HAPPY! SORRY! The Laws of Physics have not changed since the Moon landing. :cuckoo:

psik

Seen it!

Most psychologists are helping manipulate other people into being stupid. Then they can convince themselves that they are smart.

Like it is intelligent for people to go into debt for junk designed to become obsolete and then the economists can spend the last 50 years ignoring the depreciation of the junk.

Give Nobel Prizes in economics to people that can't solve a grade school algebra problem. What has been the total depreciation of all of the automobiles in the world over the last 50 years? Wouldn't that be an economics question?

But new cars are supposed to make us HAPPY! SORRY! The Laws of Physics have not changed since the Moon landing. :cuckoo:

psik

Tell me about it.
25 years ago you couldn't buy:
A VCR, then get rid of it to buy a DVD player, then get rid of it for a Blu-Ray player...then soon get rid of it for a 3D player..then...
Cell Phone, then get rid of it for a phone that plays MP3's, then get rid of it for a smart phone, then get rid of it for a 3G phone...then..
Or 3 different game systems, 2 computers and a laptop.
Satellite TV where you pay for 432 stations you don't watch and 8 stations you do.
I could of course go on...and on.

hat plays MP3's, then get rid of it for a smart phone, then get rid of it for a 3G phone...then..
Satellite TV where you pay for 432 stations you don't watch and 8 stations you do.

The cell phone business is really funny.

The first cell phone I bought had 12 built in ring tons. I set it to play Beethoven's 5th. When it broke the next phone had more features including some dumb games I never played but I was supposed to buy and load a ring tone. So of course I didn't.

The technology gets better but it is better in ways for you to be ripped off. I am thinking about an Android myTouch 4G now. That could replace my phone and my PMA400 pocket computer.

But I think the technology is approaching the point or maybe even passed it where the improvements don't matter. I don't give a damn about High Definition. I can see the difference but I just don't care. If I like a movie I am concentrating on the movie not how sharp the picture is. So there are lots of crappy movies with really sharp pictures.

I 'm using a dual-core desktop now. Yeah, I am looking at a quad-core. But I think it only helps because the software is such crap. Quad-core is my limit and it is just a matter of getting a mobo, CPU and DDR3 RAM. I am using Ubuntu most of the time and XP when I have to. Vista takes up 10 gig of disk space. That is ridiculous.

The technology is being screwed up to make us jump through hoops to make money fall out of our pockets. I hope this ReactOS gets going well. A free version of Windows XP? Macro$cam will love that.

ReactOS Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum

psik

Seen it!

psik

Tell me about it.
25 years ago you couldn't buy:
A VCR, then get rid of it to buy a DVD player, then get rid of it for a Blu-Ray player...then soon get rid of it for a 3D player..then...
Cell Phone, then get rid of it for a phone that plays MP3's, then get rid of it for a smart phone, then get rid of it for a 3G phone...then..

THX 1138....

be happy, be productive, take one red and 2 blues....

take a few minutes and WATCH this...

Last edited by a moderator:
hat plays MP3's, then get rid of it for a smart phone, then get rid of it for a 3G phone...then..

The cell phone business is really funny.

The first cell phone I bought had 12 built in ring tons. I set it to play Beethoven's 5th. When it broke the next phone had more features including some dumb games I never played but I was supposed to buy and load a ring tone. So of course I didn't.

The technology gets better but it is better in ways for you to be ripped off. I am thinking about an Android myTouch 4G now. That could replace my phone and my PMA400 pocket computer.

But I think the technology is approaching the point or maybe even passed it where the improvements don't matter. I don't give a damn about High Definition. I can see the difference but I just don't care. If I like a movie I am concentrating on the movie not how sharp the picture is. So there are lots of crappy movies with really sharp pictures.

I 'm using a dual-core desktop now. Yeah, I am looking at a quad-core. But I think it only helps because the software is such crap. Quad-core is my limit and it is just a matter of getting a mobo, CPU and DDR3 RAM. I am using Ubuntu most of the time and XP when I have to. Vista takes up 10 gig of disk space. That is ridiculous.

The technology is being screwed up to make us jump through hoops to make money fall out of our pockets. I hope this ReactOS gets going well. A free version of Windows XP? Macro$cam will love that.

ReactOS Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum

psik

Yep more processing power just enables less efficient programming.

so many machinations engineered to target basic human drives, so few with the werewithall to grasp the magnitude of their impact.....

Forum List

Back