Something NOT to Argue About! :)

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
BREAK TIME from ugly politics!!!

I woke up between 4am and 5am to tinkle, :D and looked out the kitchen window, and this is what i saw, hanging on our makeshift bird feeder...

The pictures are blurry because my camera does not take pictures well in the dark, and because some pics were also shot through the screen in the window, but mostly because it was so damn dark, the sun rose about a half hour after i first saw it.

He watched me taking the pics, and couldn't give a hoot that i was there...he was a very big sucker, very tall when standing on its hind legs...

P7144213.JPG

P7144215.JPG

P7144220.JPG

url]

P7144226.JPG

Last edited:
And I saw this American Bald Eagle day before yesterday

He was in a distance....but still!

P7114163.JPG

P7114161.JPG

did i ever show you guys my ufo with star picture?

DSCF0138.JPG

i don't even remember taking it? must be some light reflection of some sort!

This was about a week ago, Wild Turkeys in my yard and then across the way...male and female.

P7083984.JPG

P7084007.JPG

P7084026.JPG

P7084055.JPG

Across the way, near the construction site of the home being put there

P7084085.JPG

A raccoon entered our backyard a few weeks ago and didn't see the dogs. I presented his mangled corpse with a Darwin award.

lol....I had something similar happen. Hazel, the most predatory of my dogs, killed a bunny about a week before Easter. My backyard is fenced with 5 foot chainlink, and any critter that enters a yard inhabited by 6 dogs has GOT to be mentally deficient this is definately evolution in action. I'm sitting in the living room reading and hubby goes to let the dogs in. I hear this plaintive wail come from the mudroom - Hooooooooooppppppppeeeee you better come look at this. Hazel is standing there, 4 square and poking out of her mouth are two bunny ears. That is all that is visable. Oh. Goodie. I tell Hazel in a cheerful voice "give" and hold out my hand. She looks at me with an obvious question in her eyes: "are you effing kidding me?". She has the prize. No way is she giving it up. Her jaws are locked in a death grip around it. So, I beat a strategic retreat to the cookie jar: diplomacy in action. I hold up a handful of cookies and look at her. She looks at me. Thinks hard for a second (you can see the wheels turning - cookies or bunny). Doesn't take long. She drops the bunny (head) and dives for the cookies. I, meanwhile, get rid of the evidence. She murdered the Easter Bunny ...never did find the rest of it...not sure I wanted to.....

i showed the deer pics before, but just in case you did not see them....this was a few weeks ago....

P6052599.JPG

P6052600.JPG

P6052601.JPG

A raccoon entered our backyard a few weeks ago and didn't see the dogs. I presented his mangled corpse with a Darwin award.

lol....I had something similar happen. Hazel, the most predatory of my dogs, killed a bunny about a week before Easter. My backyard is fenced with 5 foot chainlink, and any critter that enters a yard inhabited by 6 dogs has GOT to be mentally deficient this is definately evolution in action. I'm sitting in the living room reading and hubby goes to let the dogs in. I hear this plaintive wail come from the mudroom - Hooooooooooppppppppeeeee you better come look at this. Hazel is standing there, 4 square and poking out of her mouth are two bunny ears. That is all that is visable. Oh. Goodie. I tell Hazel in a cheerful voice "give" and hold out my hand. She looks at me with an obvious question in her eyes: "are you effing kidding me?". She has the prize. No way is she giving it up. Her jaws are locked in a death grip around it. So, I beat a strategic retreat to the cookie jar: diplomacy in action. I hold up a handful of cookies and look at her. She looks at me. Thinks hard for a second (you can see the wheels turning - cookies or bunny). Doesn't take long. She drops the bunny (head) and dives for the cookies. I, meanwhile, get rid of the evidence. She murdered the Easter Bunny ...never did find the rest of it...not sure I wanted to.....

LOL! (Well, not really...)

That sounds all too familiar! A family of possums decided to enter our yard one time and I was picking up dead possums for a week.

Nice care. We have some new large hawks here. I am thinking maybe they will run off the kestrel hawks. The kestrels have been nesting in our eves for years but I'm getting tired of them eating all my little birds. they have chased off my red birds.

Those are lovely pictures - it looks like you live in a rural area. I live in WV, and we have deer, turkey (my dogs flush them sometimes) and other assorted critters. I love it :)

LOL! (Well, not really...)

That sounds all too familiar! A family of possums decided to enter our yard one time and I was picking up dead possums for a week.

Oh boy - that must have been fun! I think we have a critter larger than a mouse under our house - the dogs can smell it from inside and have been going nuts at this one particular spot where the wires pass through. It might be a snake - we've had blacksnakes come inside too.

Those are lovely pictures - it looks like you live in a rural area. I live in WV, and we have deer, turkey (my dogs flush them sometimes) and other assorted critters. I love it :)

it's semi rural...about 10 homes on a thousand acres probably....but just a couple of miles to small in town post office, grocery store, small movie theater, mcdonalds, subway....true value hardware, family dollar, several bars and restaurants, none of them chains....individual owners.

any big store is about 15-25 miles.....(walmart, Macy's, samsclub, jcpennies, lowes, homedepot, etc)

it's lovely here! the best of both worlds imo! country and city amenities available, beaches and mountains and farms....

care

ahh yes the give command...we do that too....my doberman is sitting there...with a gleam in his eye and i notice a tail hanging out of his mouth....i go over...said give....which of course he does..and an alive mouse drops out...the chase was on.

ahh yes the give command...we do that too....my doberman is sitting there...with a gleam in his eye and i notice a tail hanging out of his mouth....i go over...said give....which of course he does..and an alive mouse drops out...the chase was on.

:lol: I haven't had anything living...yet.....

Very cool!!! In case you are interested in knowing, raccoons love marshmallos. I use them in the live traps to catch them.

Forum List

Back