For Grump

Discussion in 'Photography and Imaging' started by sitarro, Jul 13, 2009.

1. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Grump doubts that photography is one of many things I do for a living, here are some I have taken for our company for books produced for each of these courses. One doesn't have to be a wedding photographer to make a living shooting photographs as part of their job description. These were shot while spending at least a week on site drawing, measuring and shooting the course.

Arrowhead G.C. outside of Denver.........

[​IMG]

Mid Ocean Club, Bermuda.........

[​IMG]

Queenwood G.C., London.........

[​IMG]

Bali Hi G.C., Vegas..........

[​IMG]

Doonbeg G.C., Ireland..........

[​IMG]

Marsh Landing G.C., Florida......

[​IMG]

Frederica G.C., Georgia......

[​IMG]

Birmingham G.C., Alabama.........

[​IMG]

Whirlwind G.C., Arizona........

[​IMG]

Houstan Oaks G.C., Texas.......

[​IMG]

Glen Eagles C.C., Texas........

[​IMG]

Half Moon Bay Old Course, California........

[​IMG]

Se Ri Pak playing in the Samsung Golf Tournament, Texas.......

[​IMG]

Again, never claimed to be a photography expert or a pro photographer, just one of the things I do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637
    the first pic.. Colorado is stunning! :clap2:

3. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    It is south of the Red Rocks Amphitheater, there is a private course south of it that is also built in the same range of red limestone that runs from Boulder to the Garden of The Gods in Colorado Springs. The golf course is pretty but very short so not much of a course for anyone that can play. That shot is the first hole taken from the club house.

Did you notice the shot from Arizona, that was shot right after September 11th, the course was built on an Indian reservation outside of Phoenix on the way to Tucson. They replaced the normal flags with American flags. They had to put an extra hole off of the green to put the pin in while you were putting, can't put the flag on the ground ya know. I had a good time reminding the players of that. A lot of coyotes, roadrunners and bobcats on that course.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  4. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    This shot is the bare tree on the left in the photo from Glen Eagles.

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,015
    Beautiful shots, I especially like the last one you just posted.

6. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Thanks, that is on a course in Dallas in the early fall, they have some incredible skies.

7. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441
    Almost makes me want to learn to play golf....

8. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    I was shooting photographs on a course in Houston, late in the afternoon, my favorite time to shoot golf courses and to play them as well. An old gentleman was playing the hole i was shooting. He was walking, pulling a handcart with his clubs. He didn't hit it far but he was straight down the fairway, walked up and hit it again. I went to him and said how refreshing it was to see someone playing the game the way it was meant to be played...... walking. He told me he played 9 holes everyday, it was how he got his exercise and it kept him young........."I'm 93" he told me with pride.

Golf is a game that can be played until the day you die. No matter how good you get at hitting the ball, the challenge never gets easier because you then challenge yourself, it becomes a huge mental game the better you get. Tiger still gets coached on his swing. The playing field is never the same. The hole location is moved every morning, wind, rain, cold, morning dew or afternoon sun, everything has an effect on the round.

I have played for 50 years, love the game. I have only had one hole in one and broken par 5 times. Now, as little as I play, I can maintain about a 6 handicap, you need to play more to keep the short game around and on the green sharp, a lot of strokes per round are made within 100 yards of the hole. I can only hope to be playing 9 holes, everyday, when I'm 93. There is a reason that many athletes that have been the best in their game become golfers..... the challenge of sinking a 4 foot putt to win a 10 dollar bet is real and very rewarding when you see that ball go in the hole.

This is the shot I took the day I met the 93 year old.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  9. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441

Awesome....

10. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    No comments from Grump? Always quick to criticize what I do for a living and yet when I post some of the work that I continue to do today(heading to Bermuda to shoot new shots of the Mid Ocean Club this fall), no response. Surely a "writer" can come up with something original to say in an attempt to denigrate what I do....... have at it. I do know that you know nothing about photography(you admitted it) and probably know nothing about golf so I doubt that your criticism would be worth listening to but at least the rest of the board could see how small you really are.

My other job, pushing airliners around, will provide me a free ride in first class to Bermuda, I'll still be able to bill the client for the flight......... yea, that airline job sucks, continue to belittle me for doing it.

Now you or KK can say something predictably stupid like "He doth protest to much".