CDZ Something I saw this weekend which gave me hope for the world

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
How often do you go into a restaurant and see people holding their hands in prayer?

And here was a group of people who were of all races and ages: men, women, grown people, old people, children, who were black, white, Asian, Hispanic, it didn't matter to them that everyone was different.

And when you think of all the stupid things people say and do to fight some sort of race war, that doesn't actually exist in America. This "war" is a fiction, imposed on us by the media and politicians.

And there's plenty of blame to go around for Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives, TV and radio personalities, etc.

While the media and the politicians rage on, the vast majority of Americans don't care.

How often do you go into a restaurant and see people holding their hands in prayer?

And here was a group of people who were of all races and ages: men, women, grown people, old people, children, who were black, white, Asian, Hispanic, it didn't matter to them that everyone was different.

And when you think of all the stupid things people say and do to fight some sort of race war, that doesn't actually exist in America. This "war" is a fiction, imposed on us by the media and politicians.

And there's plenty of blame to go around for Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives, TV and radio personalities, etc.

While the media and the politicians rage on, the vast majority of Americans don't care.

Town I grew up in had an army base and have a memory of some camo-dressed soldiers in a Taco Bell I worked at when 16 praying before eating.

What I am saying is there is a giant gap between what we see on TV, and what is really happening.

why is their praying either good or bad?

I know I should pray more. We used to be devout Catholics, but some how, we drifted away.

It's good for me to see it, it gives me comfort to see it. Others may see it differently.

It's good for me to see it, it gives me comfort to see it. Others may see it differently.

i'm not trying to make fun or anything. but to me, if people are polite and enjoying the company of the people they're with, that's what dinner is supposed to be. I understand the comforting nature of prayer, I guess I just don't see it as a badge of morality (particularly given what I've seen from some of the self-professed devout people on this board).

that said, it's not that I have any particular objection to it and when i'm with someone that's important to, I respect it

Town I grew up in had an army base and have a memory of some camo-dressed soldiers in a Taco Bell I worked at when 16 praying before eating.

I once tried taco bell------they were probably praying that they would survive------I have heard it has improved
lately

I once tried taco bell------they were probably praying that they would survive------I have heard it has improved
lately

Worked at 3. Still eat the food and I know how it's made...And from what. ;)

It's todays ray of hope. This should be an example to us all. Not the praying nessicarily(if it's your thing, do it; if not, shut up, sit down and show some respect), the part about people not caring about/embracing their differences. THAT is what makes this country great. Something that cannot be taken away, only given away.

lately

Well some of the Taco Bells now serve Kentucky Fried Chicken as well, but their old fare?

No, that's not Mexican food, it is dog food.

I know I should pray more. We used to be devout Catholics, but some how, we drifted away.

Television, and all media, are designed to get eyeballs to look. Over time TV has gotten more and more sensational to garner more viewers and thus more advertisers. It is the nature of the beast.

I know people that have gotten rid of every tv they have and don't watch tv ever. And they don't miss anything about it. I myself generally only watch movies, nature shows, football, comedy, and occasionally news.

Last edited:
I was walking the dogs the other day and I noticed that a garbage can had tipped over in front of someone's house. I picked it up and replaced the spilled trash.

There is hope after all.

Honest answers nutbags.........how would you feel about a group of people pulling out prayer rugs and silently praying toward Mecca while you ate your lunch? Is that different?
First of all, why do you see the need to name-call? It shows a lack of respect, intelect and general good form.

To me, prayer is prayer. I seriously doubt that I will ever see this though. For an expenation as to why do a quick study of Muslim prayer, and you will find that they pray toward Mecca at certain TIMES during the day, not specificly at meals.

Your post really does show your lack of understanding of the issue. It's sad, really, that so many people have opinions about things they know little to nothing about.

I was walking the dogs the other day and I noticed that a garbage can had tipped over in front of someone's house. I picked it up and replaced the spilled trash.

There is hope after all.

Honest answers nutbags.........how would you feel about a group of people pulling out prayer rugs and silently praying toward Mecca while you ate your lunch? Is that different?
It is culturally different and so causes issues, but then there is the Jihadi component that causes deeper and VALID concerns. If the government would do some vetting on these people that reassured the public these folks were not some terrorist wannabes or sympathizers, things would be a whole lot better.

They don't do it "silently", and if they got down in the floor they would be impeding to the waitresses from moving about and serving the customers.

They don't do it "silently", and if they got down in the floor they would be impeding to the waitresses from moving about and serving the customers.

Of course. You are perfect.
How about addressing what I said?

You may have noticed by now that I don't often address what you say. You are one of the crazies here....you say really crazy things. Really nuts.

This time, you didn't want to admit that you'd discriminate against Muslims trying to pray in a heartbeat, so you made up some phony bullshit. That's about as lame as it gets.
Pot calling the kettle black?

Of course. You are perfect.
How about addressing what I said?

You may have noticed by now that I don't often address what you say. You are one of the crazies here....you say really crazy things. Really nuts.

This time, you didn't want to admit that you'd discriminate against Muslims trying to pray in a heartbeat, so you made up some phony bullshit. That's about as lame as it gets.
Pot calling the kettle black?

Who are you? Are you somebody?
Contrary to what you may believe, yes I am someone. I am however new here, and I call it like I see it. Don't like it? Too bad.

What I am saying is there is a giant gap between what we see on TV, and what is really happening.

Of course there is; it's been that way since TV became a mainstream fixture in American living rooms. Message boards, and the political parties for that matter, are in no way representative of real life. I refer to the political and ideological spamming forums as fever swamps, as that best fits the raving lunacy from the various cults warring with each other.

Forum List

Back