Someone else understands that the push for electrification is a move to limit energy access, not to increase energy.

They show no signs of it. The Blue states and their regulators and or mouthpieces, maybe.
I don't know how you can say that with the current push for electrification. They decimated the fossil fuel industry in days with very little actual physical control. A centralized electrical system that can be disabled in seconds will be disabled as soon as the government decides to exercise that control.

I don't know how you can say that with the current push for electrification. They decimated the fossil fuel industry in days with very little actual physical control. A centralized electrical system that can be disabled in seconds will be disabled as soon as the government decides to exercise that control.
What push for electrification. I only see the push us use battery powered cars, not a push for greater electrical production capacity, specifically planning for that increase in demand.

I'm a big fan of Nuclear. We are not doing enough and should be building more Nuclear Power stations.

Do you have electrical lights in your house? Air conditioning? Heating? Electric stove? Refrigerator? Water pump? Cover your roof with solar panels and build a windmill in your backyard and you can kiss the utilities goodbye.

No Marty, you're wrong, and the reason why you're wrong is so simple to understand that it shouldn't need explaining to you. Are you interested in learning the facts?
You, obviously, aren't capable of presenting any facts, duck. If you were capable, they would already be here. But before you start preaching about electrical energy, please tell us all, how many liters are in a US gallon?

I only see the push us use battery powered cars,
Don't be intentionally obtuse. What is necessary to charge this massive increase in EVs. I suppose you are unaware of the movements, nationwide for all-electric homes. The banning of the sale of small gas-powered tools? Indeed, the national news of the last couple days advocating for bans on natural gas appliances. You are being obviously disingenuous to promote your own narrative.

Do you have electrical lights in your house? Air conditioning? Heating? Electric stove? Refrigerator? Water pump? Cover your roof with solar panels and build a windmill in your backyard and you can kiss the utilities goodbye.
HaHaHa, nice try. I've been self sufficient for ten years.

What push for electrification. I only see the push us use battery powered cars, not a push for greater electrical production capacity, specifically planning for that increase in demand.

I'm a big fan of Nuclear. We are not doing enough and should be building more Nuclear Power stations.
There's not enough emphasis on the reduction of 'power' consumption and that's not just electrical power. The big crunch situation is in powering trucks and cars, for which it's difficult to find the overall solution.

Battery powered vehicles aren't the solution that will replace carbon based fuels.

Changes in lifestyle IS.

Mass transit is one of the solutions.

Nuclear maybe? But we need to be fully informed of the downside.

Don't be intentionally obtuse. What is necessary to charge this massive increase in EVs. I suppose you are unaware of the movements, nationwide for all-electric homes. The banning of the sale of small gas-powered tools? Indeed, the national news of the last couple days advocating for bans on natural gas appliances. You are being obviously disingenuous to promote your own narrative.
The news isn't advocating squat. The suggestion came from a committe in the Consumer Product Safety Commission concerning gas stoves which, of course, exhaust directly into a home's atmosphere and have been found responsible for a number of health problems, particularly with children. It has not been adopted as a policy by anyone. Gas-powered home heaters and water heaters do NOT exhaust into the home and do not cause such harms. So this is only looking at gas stoves.

I'm much less interested in blaming blue or red, and more in favour of government run hydro power.
Or government run services of some other nature. The issue to me is that government can do it cheaper and better and still pay a good living wage.

A good living wage is the ideal, but the path to attaining that ideal is usually ignored or found not acceptable.

I don't consider 2A guy's notion on controlling people as being worthy of comment or consideration.
Hydro causes fish problems or so we are told.

There's not enough emphasis on the reduction of 'power' consumption and that's not just electrical power. The big crunch situation is in powering trucks and cars, for which it's difficult to find the overall solution.

Battery powered vehicles aren't the solution that will replace carbon based fuels.

Changes in lifestyle IS.

Mass transit is one of the solutions.

Nuclear maybe? But we need to be fully informed of the downside.
You can forget mass transit in West TN, and most other places that are not megalopolis hell holes for those too dumb to get out. You change your lifestyle and leave mine alone.

Reduction in energy consumption? Energy is what fuel progress and helps provide the lifestyle the rest of us enjoy, creates jobs, powers industrial expansion, jobs, basically our whole economy. You need to stay on the troll farm in Moscow and suck it up.

As long as you live in Florida or Texas.

have been found responsible for a number of health problems, particularly with children.
Bullshit. Some talking head in the media told you that tidbit that was dropped by the partisan CPSC.
Gas-powered home heaters and water heaters do NOT exhaust into the home and do not cause such harms. So this is only looking at gas stoves.
That's rich. So if that is the case why is NY banning the construction of homes using natural gas? Go troll someone else with your bullshit. I've watched you troll this crap for a couple days now and all you present is garbage.

Forum List

Back