Someone else understands that the push for electrification is a move to limit energy access, not to increase energy.

Good point!
But to be fair, Texas is the example that stands out as dysfunction being caused by poor management of the resource, due to private corporations lacking concern.
True, but he spoke of Blue States as where this is coming out of.

So far, Texas seems to have done better this season, and I picked on them enough last year over their for profit nearsightedness. They were stupid, but with for profit short term goal, and it's effect. This thread is more along the lines that it is an unspoken Blue policy for the long term to control people by controlling their power supply. Texas just wants to make a buck, whether a lot of people get fkd or killed by the shortcomings of their planning and lack of regulation or not.

Good article that points out the truth......the left/democrats, do not want cheap, reliable, plentiful energy, which is why they are pushing for solar, wind and for over loading our current system...........more energy means more people and more freedom, two things the left/democrats do not want....

You have to understand this truth if you want to understand why we don't have enough energy anymore.........they planned this......

The problem with Mr. Olowsky’s and Mr. Toyoda’s analysis is that they assume that for policymakers the decline in reliable power and hence the threat to mobility are seen as a pressing problem. So, too, with Secretary Trevelyan. Yet by their actions these policy makers have shown that they are at best indifferent to the problem, and even perhaps welcome it.

I simply don’t believe that the people in power care much about whether the electricity is there to keep our economy going. If they did, they wouldn’t rush headlong into the full electrification of the economy without ensuring that there is electricity to power it. If you are pushing electric cars while closing 4/5ths of your nuclear power plants, ensuring reliability is not a major concern of yours.
=======

The forced electrification of cars, in particular, reveals their intentions: if you can’t charge your vehicle, you are utterly reliant on the government-run transit systems. These systems are collapsing due to reduced use by consumers, so the easiest way to get people to use them is ban fossil fuel cars and then restrict charging of electric vehicles, as California has already done at times. And if your mobility relies on regulated transit, the government owns your mobility.

An all-electric economy is an easily controlled economy. The infrastructure is there to control your thermostats, your car charging, your cooking times (if you go electric, as they demand). We have wired our houses to be “smart,” and those smarts don’t reside in your home, but in the cloud.
-----

You are at their mercy.

Does this sound crazy? It should, because it is diabolical. But is it plausible? Of course it is. We already know that power companies can turn your thermostats up and down at will (right now people generally opt-in, but the tech is right there when the power supply runs out). We already know the Left has been at war with air conditioning. That they want “15-minute cities” without private cars.

Horse and buggies?

Good article that points out the truth......the left/democrats, do not want cheap, reliable, plentiful energy, which is why they are pushing for solar, wind and for over loading our current system...........more energy means more people and more freedom, two things the left/democrats do not want....

You have to understand this truth if you want to understand why we don't have enough energy anymore.........they planned this......

The problem with Mr. Olowsky’s and Mr. Toyoda’s analysis is that they assume that for policymakers the decline in reliable power and hence the threat to mobility are seen as a pressing problem. So, too, with Secretary Trevelyan. Yet by their actions these policy makers have shown that they are at best indifferent to the problem, and even perhaps welcome it.

I simply don’t believe that the people in power care much about whether the electricity is there to keep our economy going. If they did, they wouldn’t rush headlong into the full electrification of the economy without ensuring that there is electricity to power it. If you are pushing electric cars while closing 4/5ths of your nuclear power plants, ensuring reliability is not a major concern of yours.
=======

The forced electrification of cars, in particular, reveals their intentions: if you can’t charge your vehicle, you are utterly reliant on the government-run transit systems. These systems are collapsing due to reduced use by consumers, so the easiest way to get people to use them is ban fossil fuel cars and then restrict charging of electric vehicles, as California has already done at times. And if your mobility relies on regulated transit, the government owns your mobility.

An all-electric economy is an easily controlled economy. The infrastructure is there to control your thermostats, your car charging, your cooking times (if you go electric, as they demand). We have wired our houses to be “smart,” and those smarts don’t reside in your home, but in the cloud.
-----

You are at their mercy.

Does this sound crazy? It should, because it is diabolical. But is it plausible? Of course it is. We already know that power companies can turn your thermostats up and down at will (right now people generally opt-in, but the tech is right there when the power supply runs out). We already know the Left has been at war with air conditioning. That they want “15-minute cities” without private cars.

The Wife and I were discussing this very subject last night.
It's all about control.

So far, Texas seems to have done better this season, and I picked on them enough last year over their for profit nearsightedness. They were stupid, but with for profit short term goal, and it's effect. This thread is more along the lines that it is an unspoken Blue policy for the long term to control people by controlling their power supply. Texas just wants to make a buck, whether a lot of people get fkd or killed by the shortcomings of their planning and lack of regulation or not.
I think you are being a bit short-sighted in your assumption. The majority of the US is served by private, for profit energy companies that you are advocating against. The TVA is a success, no argument. However, do you really believe that, given the direction of this electrification movement, the government won't limit the TVA's output at its whim? Government should not control energy.

I'm much less interested in blaming blue or red, and more in favour of government run hydro power.
Or government run services of some other nature. The issue to me is that government can do it cheaper and better and still pay a good living wage.

A good living wage is the ideal, but the path to attaining that ideal is usually ignored or found not acceptable.

I don't consider 2A guy's notion on controlling people as being worthy of comment or consideration.

Too many have taken for granted the ease of flipping a light switch. Or in the case of an EV, pushing a button!

The whole purpose of a 1st world society is for that switch to work, or for the gas to flow, or the water to flow.

These things aren't being impacted by random chance, but by a concerted effort to wean the "proles" off the benefits of modern society in order to provide the proper sacrifice to the SJW god of AGW.

I'm much less interested in blaming blue or red, and more in favour of government run hydro power.
Or government run services of some other nature. The issue to me is that government can do it cheaper and better and still pay a good living wage.

A good living wage is the ideal, but the path to attaining that ideal is usually ignored or found not acceptable.

I don't consider 2A guy's notion on controlling people as being worthy of comment or consideration.

Hydro power is limited to locations applicable to it, and many lefties want to REMOVE dams, not build new ones.

It's why the current deluge in California will be lost to the Ocean instead of stored for future use in the quantities needed.

Good point!
But to be fair, Texas is the example that stands out as dysfunction being caused by poor management of the resource, due to private corporations lacking concern.

It's funny.
You constantly hear liberals bashing Texas and our power grid yet in my 57 years I've never had a problem with my electricity except during a hurricane.

Dear 2aguy,

Do us all a favor and get back on your meds. You're completely whacked. Almost every light in the world is powered by a state-controlled utility. The government has always had the power to flip the switch and yet, they've never done it. So, find another paranoid fantasy and then tell your doctor all about it. Don't leave out any details. Tell him which fantasies give you a woody and which ones make you shit yourself. Don't hold back. Get some help.

Hydro power is limited to locations applicable to it,
No Marty, you're wrong, and the reason why you're wrong is so simple to understand that it shouldn't need explaining to you. Are you interested in learning the facts?

No Marty, you're wrong, and the reason why you're wrong is so simple to understand that it shouldn't need explaining to you. Are you interested in learning the facts?
Let's see what type of pseudo-scientific bullshit you are going to come up with.

Dear 2aguy,

Do us all a favor and get back on your meds. You're completely whacked. Almost every light in the world is powered by a state-controlled utility. The government has always had the power to flip the switch and yet, they've never done it. So, find another paranoid fantasy and then tell your doctor all about it. Don't leave out any details. Tell him which fantasies give you a woody and which ones make you shit yourself. Don't hold back. Get some help.
Somebody needs to switch his and the insect's gun oil for a can of raid.

I think you are being a bit short-sighted in your assumption. The majority of the US is served by private, for profit energy companies that you are advocating against. The TVA is a success, no argument. However, do you really believe that, given the direction of this electrification movement, the government won't limit the TVA's output at its whim? Government should not control energy.
They show no signs of it. The Blue states and their regulators and or mouthpieces, maybe.

Forum List

Back