Zone1 Some people... even if they see someone raised from the dead, will not believe!!

Actually its Gods truth written over 1700 years prior to Mr. Smith.
As others have pointed out, this concept wasn’t known or understood by any Church prior to Joseph Smith and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then you copied it like others. Don’t feel bad. All the others aren’t the restored Church of Jesus Christ.

As others have pointed out, this concept wasn’t known or understood by any Church prior to Joseph Smith and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then you copied it like others. Don’t feel bad. All the others aren’t the restored Church of Jesus Christ.
It was understood fully by the Church Jesus started back in his day, Then this took over 2Thess 2:3 and screwed it all up=Catholicism and ALL her trinity branches.

It was understood fully by the Church Jesus started back in his day, Then this took over 2Thess 2:3 and screwed it all up=Catholicism and ALL her trinity branches.
You and I know that. But your Church formed after the LDS Church and took a similar stance of prophecy and revelation. You stole it :banghead:

I refer to St Luke 16:19

The Parable of he Rich Man and the Poor Man

The poor man was VERY poor... a homeless beggar

The rich man walked by him a lot of the time and gave him nothing.

the rich man went to Hell (see Mt 25:31...) and the poor one went to Abraham's bosom

The rich man in Hell was thirsty and begged the poor man to give him a drop of water but was told (by Abraham?) that there is a great divide btwn those 2 places and no one can go from one side to the other

The rich man pleaded for his brothers still on Earth, said that if the poor man returned from the dead, they would listen to him

But Abraham said that "They have the prophets. If they will not listen to the prophets, they will not listen even were one to return from the dead"
this passage proves no purgatory lol

Doctors bring people back from the dead all the time.

Defibrillation and drugs are wonderous things that have nothing to do with gods or prophets
That’s not what this is about. Those people weren’t dead. Near dead. We are talking about at least 3 days like Lazureth. Where there’s the stink of death. Body decomposing. And not 3 days like Jesus where he was actually fully resurrected into a glorified celestial body that will never die again.

You and I know that. But your Church formed after the LDS Church and took a similar stance of prophecy and revelation. You stole it :banghead:
ALL non Catholic religions did the same

Jesus founded ONE Church and it did NOT begin in the 18th century

ALL non Catholic religions did the same

Jesus founded ONE Church and it did NOT begin in the 18th century
That’s because the Church Jesus established went into apostasy and lost the authority to administer the sacred ordinances Christ established. A restoration was needed. Not a split from the apostate RCC but a complete new restoration established by Jesus Christ again. Paul said this apostasy would happen. These are the times of the restitution of all things pertaining to the gospel and the restored church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

That's a HUGE lie

Jesus said that His Church would not apostatize (paraphrase) even if the very gates of Hell were to come against it

Mt 16:18
Jesus was talking about the Kingdom in Heaven. Paul was clear there would be an apostasy and the dark ages was exactly that. You have no Priesthood authority. That’s the power of God to administer the Heavenly Kingdom on earth through man. Your priesthood isn’t the one Christ established that Paul states in Hebrews, the orders after Melchizedek and Aaron. The RCC orders are after strange men or concepts like Jesuits and nonsense like that. You have no current apostles or prophets. Instead, you have a man you say stands in the place of Christ. No man can do that. Orophets and apostles simply reveal the messages Christ wants and gives the priesthood power and permission to.

Jesus was talking about the Kingdom in Heaven.
Oh, thanks for that enlightenment! How silly of me! How arrogant to think that the Church I belong to is Christ's Church, even though it DOES go back to the beginning, to the Resurrection, which your "church" obviously does not.

No, it is NOt talking about the Kingdom in Heaven. There is no "church" in Heaven unless you define Church as meaning a place for all Christ's faithful. But Heaven is Heaven and the Church is here on Earth.

So anyway, keep lying to yourself. I'm sure that will go over well in the end...

Somebody necromanced Joe Biden, obviously!

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_2539.jpeg

Oh, thanks for that enlightenment! How silly of me! How arrogant to think that the Church I belong to is Christ's Church, even though it DOES go back to the beginning, to the Resurrection, which your "church" obviously does not.

No, it is NOt talking about the Kingdom in Heaven. There is no "church" in Heaven unless you define Church as meaning a place for all Christ's faithful. But Heaven is Heaven and the Church is here on Earth.

So anyway, keep lying to yourself. I'm sure that will go over well in the end...
Actually I can trace my Priesthood back to Jesus Christ. We keep a genealogical record that goes back to Joseph Smith that was conferred the Priesthood of Aaron by John the Baptist and the Melchizedek priesthood by Peter, James and John. Peter received the Melchizedek priesthood from Jesus Christ since it is His order of the Priesthood.

That’s not what this is about. Those people weren’t dead. Near dead. We are talking about at least 3 days like Lazureth. Where there’s the stink of death. Body decomposing. And not 3 days like Jesus where he was actually fully resurrected into a glorified celestial body that will never die again.
No they were dead. No pulse = dead

Doctors bring people back from the dead all the time.

Defibrillation and drugs are wonderous things that have nothing to do with gods or prophets
yeh, there was a lot of that back in Christ's day, wasn't there?

so I guess liberals can safely write off his miracles.. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back