Soldier's Letter To John Kerry

This letter is being used as propaganda. This is disgusting. You can say what you like about the validity of Sen. Kerry's medals compared to other veterans who have served honorably, but using this letter as a weapon against Kerry is pretty stupid. George Bush avoided serving in Vietnam via National Guard service. I am not saying that this is inherently dishonorable; I am simply saying using this letter as an attack mechanism is illogical and fairly moronic. Grow up retards.

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
This letter is being used as propaganda. This is disgusting. You can say what you like about the validity of Sen. Kerry's medals compared to other veterans who have served honorably, but using this letter as a weapon against Kerry is pretty stupid. George Bush avoided serving in Vietnam via National Guard service. I am not saying that this is inherently dishonorable; I am simply saying using this letter as an attack mechanism is illogical and fairly moronic. Grow up retards.

Umm no where did it say that Bush used this letter. Nor did it say that any member of the GOP used this letter to attack Kerry. Its just a letter, from a soldier that served just like he did. It was posted on a site that has no affiliation with the Republican party or George W. Bush in any way shape or form.

So maybe you wanna start your comment over. This time try less ass-like statements.

I simply stated that this letter was being used as propaganda. I never stated that the GOP or George Bush had anything to do with this fact. I was lamenting that people that blindly follow partisan dogma are using a genuine letter from a veteran as a jumping off point to bash the opposing candidate. Get real man. Perhaps you should post a less ass-like reply that addresses what I said or introduces a relevant point.

perhaps it was the part where you said...

This letter is being used as propaganda. This is disgusting. You can say what you like about the validity of Sen. Kerry's medals compared to other veterans who have served honorably, but using this letter as a weapon against Kerry is pretty stupid.

Than going directly into your ignorant backhanded insult of...

George Bush avoided serving in Vietnam via National Guard service. I am not saying that this is inherently dishonorable;

That got me thinking how this post had anything to do with Bush at all. So perhaps you can tell me how posting a letter of a Veteran of the Vietnam era to basically debunk the outright WRONG notion that has been portrayed by other ignorant posters (psychoblues) of ALL Vets supporting Kerry, is propaganda?

My God. Are you an idiot? The LETTER isn't propoganda in and of itself. The WAY THAT IT IS BEING USED ON THIS SITE is the propaganda. It is being used as a mechanism to start off a bashing of the political opponent of the starter of this thread. I mean really. This isn't complicated.

My God. Are you an idiot? The LETTER isn't propoganda in and of itself. The WAY THAT IT IS BEING USED ON THIS SITE is the propaganda. It is being used as a mechanism to start off a bashing of the political opponent of the starter of this thread. I mean really. This isn't complicated.

I think you should read this thread and you'll understand why this was posted here. It has nothing to do with propaganda or Kerry bashing. It has everything to do with proving idiots like yourself wrong.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5629

I simply stated that this letter was being used as propaganda. I never stated that the GOP or George Bush had anything to do with this fact. I was lamenting that people that blindly follow partisan dogma are using a genuine letter from a veteran as a jumping off point to bash the opposing candidate.

And why the hell shouldn't they?

The Democrats were only too happy to politicize every aspect of the 9/11 hearings, turning the entire exercise into a disgusting partisan sham that even a retard could see through.

This "propaganda" is at least based in fact. The letter, after all, actually EXISTS.

Shut up, asswipe. You've yet to say one intelligent thing on this board. It appears you are the retard.

(Bunch of retarded crap)

Syntax, your entire brain and persona are propaganda. You have no core. Everything you say or think is a simplistic/illogical/ignorant reaction to conservative truths you can't handle.

Bush is the man in power. He controls the allocation of funds ! In calling for consistency maybe you should consider your own position

Bush is not king, take a lesson on how the government works. Allocations and funding is the sole responsibility of the Congress and Senate. Simply, if they don't vote for it the President don't get it. So when Kerry states that he thinks that all the Senators will vote for the allocation of funding because it will supply the troops, then votes against it two weeks later he is being deliberately obtuse.

You guys never cease to amaze me. When you reply to my posts in a hostile manner, you never seem to actually address the substance of my posts, and go on to make ridiculous and unsubstantiated assertions that aren't relevant to the thread. Conservative truths?? My post had nothing to do with disputing any "truths", which were in no way discussed in any post on this thread, but to point out the silliness of using anything and everything, including a veteran's heartfelt letter, as political weaponry. This isn't unique to "conservatives" or "liberals", it's used by almost everyone who has a hard nosed political ideology and tries to force the facts of any situation into the mold of their partisan brainwashing. My political views have nothing to do with this; I am somewhat liberal on social issues, but at least moderate, and actually fairly conservative on fiscal issues. Jesus.

You guys never cease to amaze me. When you reply to my posts in a hostile manner, you never seem to actually address the substance of my posts, and go on to make ridiculous and unsubstantiated assertions that aren't relevant to the thread. Conservative truths?? My post had nothing to do with disputing any "truths", which were in no way discussed in any post on this thread, but to point out the silliness of using anything and everything, including a veteran's heartfelt letter, as political weaponry. This isn't unique to "conservatives" or "liberals", it's used by almost everyone who has a hard nosed political ideology and tries to force the facts of any situation into the mold of their partisan brainwashing. My political views have nothing to do with this; I am somewhat liberal on social issues, but at least moderate, and actually fairly conservative on fiscal issues. Jesus.

There's no substance in your posts to address. It makes it difficult. It's like trying to argue with a retarded ranting mental patient. SOrry if the truth hurts.

"Grow up retards."

Don't complain about the replies you get when you end your own in this manner.

Jimmy is much better at finding all these obscure facts than I am, but how about this father's take on Presidential attendance at his son's funeral:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005027

"I have lived through the numbing sadness of going to Dover to pick up my son, and have experienced the body-shaking pain of having to lay to his final rest a member of the U.S. military.
The idea of criticizing President Bush on his choice not to attend the funerals is ludicrous. The simple fact is that President Bush either attends all or attends none for to attend some could be interpreted as an insult to those fallen heroes whose funerals he is seen to have "spurned." Besides, the logistics are impossible. On the day that my son was being buried in New Jersey his two buddies he was killed with were being buried at the same time at opposite ends of Pennsylvania. What was the president to do when the helicopter crashed and killed 17 soldiers? How to attend 17 funerals without forcing the families to wait for the president?

I would not have wanted the president to attend my son's funeral, for it would have changed the entire dynamic of the day. The church service was a "Celebration of the Life of Kyle Andrew Griffin" and had President Bush honored us with his presence that would have all changed. It would have become a media circus. I knew full well how much President Bush honors my son, and I am comforted by that.

The arguments put forth to have the ban on media coverage lifted vary from allowing the American people to bear witness to the sacrifice of the soldiers and thus honor them, to the need to deny President Bush the opportunity to hide the real costs in human terms of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Steve Capus, executive producer of "NBC Nightly News," arrogantly and presumptuously spoke for me when he stated, "It would seem that the only reason somebody would come out against the use of these pictures is that they are worried about the political fallout." Well I am that "somebody," and as I looked at those pictures the tears were not running because of my worry about political fallout. In all the criticism there has never once been put forth a single argument of how having the media coverage lifted would be of benefit to the loved ones of these heroes. We are never taken into account. We are the collateral damage in this all so obvious ideological struggle."

Originally posted by bactrian
To my recollection John Kerry was one of a number of ex service men who gave evidence of different incidents which occurred.

Why would John Kerry make it up?

I know! I know !! Post traumatic stress syndrome ____

OR ___ maybe he is a secret Frenchman

Or maybe he's a lying pos coward!methinks he's half Spaniard half french and is a total asshole

Who was the last American President who refused to honor the fallen by attending at least one military funeral

And managed to triple the national debt

No one ever suggested George Bush missed an opportunity to get money , but , why are there so few who remember our little hero
[/QUOT;)

To my recollection John Kerry was one of a number of ex service men who gave evidence of different incidents which occurred.

Who was the last American President who refused to honor the fallen by attending at least one military funeral

No one ever suggested George Bush missed an opportunity to get money , but , why are there so few who remember our little hero
[/QUOT;)

Or maybe he's a lying pos coward! methinks he's half Spaniard half french and is a total asshole

;) ;) :eek:

Originally posted by MadMax

[/QUOT;)

Or maybe he's a lying pos coward! methinks he's half Spaniard half french and is a total asshole

;) ;) :eek:

Or the obvious one is. Him and His NeoCommunist pals wanted Communism to triumph in Vietnam and Southeast Asia. You see to them America was stopping the Spread of worker "Freedom" in the world. They were preventing the intellectual utopia of the left. Where they control things and life is perfect.

of course the left utopia is a fantasy which John Kerry and his liberal ilk havent awakened from. They explained away Stalin. They explained away Mao. They Explained away Pol Pot and Ho Chi Minh. Anything to keep from facing the reality that Marx was simply a self hating jew, who hated his heritage and knew absolutely nothing about how wealth is created or basic economics. Until the left faces the reality that their idealogy is inherently flawed we will continue to see John Kerrys lose elections and accuse conservatives of being braindead morons. Its amazing how self righteous the self appointed intellectuals can be.

Would you remember a temporary transfer from another state, especially when you only work in the guard 1 weekend a month? In an 2 year period in the Guard, when you are a temp transfer, it is possible to hardly meet anybody. Especially when at the time the equipment you have trained on has become obsolete. Make work is not usually accompanied by a large contingency of witnesses. However if you do not report, you do not get paid.

Forum List

Back