Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

Theregular said:
That worked really good for you in Vietnam didnt it :happy2:

It worked like a charm. Any loss in Vietnam is attributable directly to leftists and their bullshit here at home. At the time the leftist morons were appeased by our government, the NVA was on its last gasp and the VC had been almost compltely destroyed during Tet 68. Hanoi had been bombed into complete uselessness.

But don't take my word for it. Do some homework. That was Giap's assessment after all was said and done.

MissileMan said:
90+ percent Muslim. Again, are any of them good guys or are they all bad?

One of Islam's stated goals is the conversion of the entire world to Islam. Anyone who will not convert is destroyed. So anyone who follows Islam to the letter makes themselves "bad" (our enemy) by default.

GunnyL said:
One of Islam's stated goals is the conversion of the entire world to Islam. Anyone who will not convert is destroyed. So anyone who follows Islam to the letter makes themselves "bad" (our enemy) by default.

Then explain please, what exactly are we doing in Iraq? Whether run by Saddam or run by a government elected by the people, Iraq is going to be a nation of Muslims. Why expend our resources to establish an enemy nation if all Muslims are, by virtue of their religion, bad?

MissileMan said:
Then explain please, what exactly are we doing in Iraq? Whether run by Saddam or run by a government elected by the people, Iraq is going to be a nation of Muslims. Why expend our resources to establish an enemy nation if all Muslims are, by virtue of their religion, bad?

Perhaps we are trying to educate them on the fact that we, as a nation, will not be converted into Muslims, and will do whatever it takes to keep our religions freedoms (including war), but will support their right to be whatever religion they want to be ...... just don't proselytize over here.

kurtsprincess said:
Perhaps we are trying to educate them on the fact that we, as a nation, will not be converted into Muslims, and will do whatever it takes to keep our religions freedoms (including war), but will support their right to be whatever religion they want to be ...... just don't proselytize over here.

The allegation is that the enemy is Islam. When we were fighting communism, we didn't do it by setting up communist governments or by supporting governments that were already communist. If the allegation is true, and Islam is the enemy, not just terrorists, then to what purpose are we helping construct an Islamic nation? It's a simple question.

MissileMan said:
The allegation is that the enemy is Islam. When we were fighting communism, we didn't do it by setting up communist governments or by supporting governments that were already communist. If the allegation is true, and Islam is the enemy, not just terrorists, then to what purpose are we helping construct an Islamic nation? It's a simple question.

It is and I've tried to ask it in several forms. I think the secret is that there are differing views as to who the enemy is and how best to identify them and destroy them.

MissileMan said:
Since when have we ever proclaimed we are setting up and Islamic Republic? We haven't. We have proclaimed we are helping them establish a Democratic Republic; one that we encourage (and probably are insisting on in the background) includes religious freedom and tolerance.

freeandfun1 said:
Since when have we ever proclaimed we are setting up and Islamic Republic? We haven't. We have proclaimed we are helping them establish a Democratic Republic; one that we encourage (and probably are insisting on in the background) includes religious freedom and tolerance.

I didn't say Islamic theocracy, I said Islamic nation. What else would you call a country whose population is over 90% Islamic?

MissileMan said:
I didn't say Islamic theocracy, I said Islamic nation. What else would you call a country whose population is over 90% Islamic?
So I guess in your eyes the US is a Christian nation?

MissileMan said:

What explanation could I possibly give that you would accept? I could post all the reasons for being in Iraq for the millionth time, but unless you live under a rock I assume you have seen them in print, and refuse to accept them as justification. I am quite sure however, far less justification would be required if it suited your political persuasion.

Sorry, but I have no special and differing reasons than the actual ones.

I did not declare all Islam the enemy. YOU did that for me. I most certainly see no reason to wage war against Islamics who are of the "live and let live" mindset.

However, if they choose to live among the radicals, and do absolutely NOTHING to stop them, then I can hardly muster sympathy for those who become casualties due to their inaction.

If they want to be separate from radical Islam, then it is encumbent on THEM to separate themselves in whatever manner it takes to accomplish that.

MissileMan said:
The allegation is that the enemy is Islam.

Really.......why would anyone make that allegation?

When we were fighting communism, we didn't do it by setting up communist governments or by supporting governments that were already communist.

Perhaps we learned something since the war on communism.

If the allegation is true, and Islam is the enemy, not just terrorists, then to what purpose are we helping construct an Islamic nation? It's a simple question.

I believe you have an idea of why we are there. Why not present what you think our purpose is for helping to construct an Islamic nation?

I STILL can't figure out how we got HERE when the thread is about a soldier doing his duty as regulations require. Once an enemy combatant is unable to fight, he is to be given medical care if needed and treated humanely. Simple as that.

The MSM wants to portray it as some out of the ordinary occurrence. By doing so, the underlying implication is that under ordinary circumstances this soldier would have murdered the enemy combatant after he had surrendered.

Dirtbags.

Based on the last 2 posts, there appears to be a misunderstanding of the questions I am raising, and a misunderstanding of my position on the war in Iraq.

Firstly, I am in favor of the war in Iraq. Removing a despot and establishing a model for the rest of the Middle East to strive for was/is a great idea.

Secondly, I hold no sympathy for terrorists, nor any affect for Islam or Muslims.

That said, in this thread, and in another, there have been IMO several instances of calls to hold all Muslims unfairly accountable for the actions of a minority(terrorists) within their midst. There have also been implications that the actions of these terrorists is a valid excuse for wholesale discrimination, including discrimination against law-abiding American citizens, solely because they are Muslims.

I have only been trying, so far unsuccessfully, to get those advocating this blanket mentality to justify their position.

GunnyL said:
I STILL can't figure out how we got HERE when the thread is about a soldier doing his duty as regulations require. Once an enemy combatant is unable to fight, he is to be given medical care if needed and treated humanely. Simple as that.

The MSM wants to portray it as some out of the ordinary occurrence. By doing so, the underlying implication is that under ordinary circumstances this soldier would have murdered the enemy combatant after he had surrendered.

Dirtbags.

I'm at least partially to blame for the direction of this thread. Argument from another thread kinda got dragged in here when I got "called out" in this one.

MissileMan said:
Based on the last 2 posts, there appears to be a misunderstanding of the questions I am raising, and a misunderstanding of my position on the war in Iraq.

Firstly, I am in favor of the war in Iraq. Removing a despot and establishing a model for the rest of the Middle East to strive for was/is a great idea.

Secondly, I hold no sympathy for terrorists, nor any affect for Islam or Muslims.

That said, in this thread, and in another, there have been IMO several instances of calls to hold all Muslims unfairly accountable for the actions of a minority(terrorists) within their midst. There have also been implications that the actions of these terrorists is a valid excuse for wholesale discrimination, including discrimination against law-abiding American citizens, solely because they are Muslims.

I have only been trying, so far unsuccessfully, to get those advocating this blanket mentality to justify their position.

I agree with you in that there is no valid excuse for wholesale discrimination against all Muslims, regardless of whether they are American or not, for the actions of the terrorists. That would be holding the same mentality of the terrorists who want to kill all Americans simply for not embracing their religion.....which is wholesale discrimination of the type you are talking about.

What I would like to see more of is Muslims from all around the world stepping forward to denounce those of their own religion who are bastardizing their beliefs. Perhaps if there were more of this being made visible to the rest of the world the blanketing you are speaking of will slow down some.

Reminds me of a quote:

A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

FYI Kurts: Missile is mischaracterizing the history of the discussions. There have been numerous of us that have stated that even we believe it is only about 5% (on the low end) of Muslims that are radical. However, 5% equates to about 65 million (based on estimates of 1.3 billion Muslims in the world).

Of the 95% of "Peaceful" Muslims, only about 1% truly come out and condemn the act of terrorism perpetuated in the name of Islam with no caveats attached. Therefore, we have all suggested that is appears to be a problem within Islam itself. Therefore, it is time for us to rethink our immigration laws, etc. in regards to people coming from Muslim nations. If 94% of the Muslim population is going to sit idly by as this continues, then we need to stop being politically correct and take immediate steps to protect this nation. If that includes having an overall lack of trust in Muslims in general, well, that is the price THEY choose to pay based on their silence.

I have many Muslim friends, so I for one do not think all Muslims fall into the radical category. However, I am also not dumb enough to think that Islam plays no role in the dangers we face today. Islam by its nature, is a violent religion toward non-Muslims. It has been throughout history and it will continue to be as long as the religion sticks by its traditional teachings and interpretations. For us to think otherwise is very dangerous for us all... as we have seen.

MissileMan said:

I believe I addressed this:

I did not declare all Islam the enemy. YOU did that for me. I most certainly see no reason to wage war against Islamics who are of the "live and let live" mindset.

However, if they choose to live among the radicals, and do absolutely NOTHING to stop them, then I can hardly muster sympathy for those who become casualties due to their inaction.

If they want to be separate from radical Islam, then it is encumbent on THEM to separate themselves in whatever manner it takes to accomplish that.

I believe my explantion also is justification for discrimination. If they can't separate themselves ffrom the radicals and/or speak out against them, then until their motives ARE known, they are suspect. Better safe than sorry.

If their rights are being infringed on them it sure as Hell hasn't spurred them to be more vocal against radical Islam. Instead, they just whine about their rights.

freeandfun1 said:
FYI Kurts: Missile is mischaracterizing the history of the discussions. There have been numerous of us that have stated that even we believe it is only about 5% (on the low end) of Muslims that are radical. However, 5% equates to about 65 million (based on estimates of 1.3 billion Muslims in the world).

Of the 95% of "Peaceful" Muslims, only about 1% truly come out and condemn the act of terrorism perpetuated in the name of Islam with no caveats attached. Therefore, we have all suggested that is appears to be a problem within Islam itself. Therefore, it is time for us to rethink our immigration laws, etc. in regards to people coming from Muslim nations. If 94% of the Muslim population is going to sit idly by as this continues, then we need to stop being politically correct and take immediate steps to protect this nation. If that includes having an overall lack of trust in Muslims in general, well, that is the price THEY choose to pay based on their silence.

I have many Muslim friends, so I for one do not think all Muslims fall into the radical category. However, I am also not dumb enough to think that Islam plays no role in the dangers we face today. Islam by its nature, is a violent religion toward non-Muslims. It has been throughout history and it will continue to be as long as the religion sticks by its traditional teachings and interpretations. For us to think otherwise is very dangerous for us all... as we have seen.

A healthy distrust seems to be wise during these times. And, I'm for tougher immigration laws............across the board, not just for Muslims.

I'm going to do some research on this because I have no Muslim friends; I don't know of anyone who practices Islam, and I haven't read any of the teachings myself.

I still believe, however, that those who are not radicals should be speaking up against the terrorists before the whole world starts to believe that Muslims and Islam need to be avoided.

we can argue this point until the cows come home...the fact still remains that Islam/Muslims do not want to assimilate...their only goal is for the conversion of all to Islam...short of this... the age old fight will continue...sad but true! :blues:

Forum List

Back