Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

Kathianne said:
Outside opinion, anyone from the US has a right to say what they wish.
anyone has the right to disagree with anyone else. When it comes to those that served in combat vs. those that served, sorry, I don't see a difference. Truth to tell, I might be more inclined towards Archangel's pov, but Missleman should not be shutoff, because he did not see combat.

Shoot, the vast majority of us DID NOT SERVE, much less see combat, per the Constitution, we have a right to be heard.
I totally, 100% agree.

MissileMan said:
21 years in the USAF refutes your draft dodger mentaility rant.
While perhaps also explaining your insistence on not seeing the reality of the real world.

freeandfun1 said:
Ya know, I used to think Missile Man was an intelligent fella that I just didn't agree with a lot on. Once in a while he would actually make me think about a position I held..

But today, his ramblings are that of a dolt. First he wants to argue the meanings of words (which I provided the dictionary's definitions for) and now he wants to claim that Muslims can't be Muslim and secularist at the same time? I am getting confused by his ramblings. Just because one is a Muslim that does not mean they cannot embrace adopting a secularlist government. This is the same guy that would argue with you that Saddam's government was secularist. Does that mean they weren't Muslim until AFTER Sadman was overthrown?

What is it Missile Head that you don't get? if 5% of 1.3 billion people want you and me dead, those 65 million will do a lot of frigg'n damage if WE don't do something to try and change their thinking. Iraq is a grand experiment, that I grant you, but the goals are worthy of attempt. Installing an Arabic government that embraces freedom, secularism and democracy. God forbid we do anything to try and help them succeed. I mean shit, if we do, you might be proved the fool you are.

You apparently have selective reading disorder. I'm not the one saying that the only good Muslim is a dead one. There are a few around here that think that and also think that the eradication of American Muslims would be a good start. I am arguing against that sentiment, period.

MissileMan said:
You apparently have selective reading disorder. I'm not the one saying that the only good Muslim is a dead one. There are a few around here that think that and also think that the eradication of American Muslims would be a good start. I am arguing against that sentiment, period.
That is your problem - you are putting a "period" on the subject. As others have argued, when people of a certain group are trying to kill the majority of the people, it is time to rethink our relationship with that group until the majority of that group MAKE the minority stop. You completely overlook the FACT that the minority is still VERY large in numbers. Therefore, something MUST be done before it is too late. The safety of the many sometimes has to be ensured by the suffering of the few. If they choose to force us into doing whatever it takes to stop them, that is THEIR problem. They have plenty of opportunities themselves if they would stop fucking around and do it. You seem to want to let em all have a free ride since SOME truly are peaceful. Fuck em. When they kill somebody in your family, let's see how you feel then. Luckily, nobody in my family has yet died, but that is most likely because instead of like the last administration, this administration is taking the fight to them. If they don't want to fight us ANYWHERE, then they better start reigning in that minority.

Again, an outside opinion from an old lady that had neither the opportunity, nor inclination to serve. There is a vast difference from speaking one's mind regarding WOT and putting down those that have served, but not seen combat.

If any of those that have served, see posts from those that haven't as offensive, then I give those higher weight. I also tend to give higher weight to those that not only have served, but have seen combat, regarding what may be going on. To me, that is common sense.

I have noticed, again from someone that has NOT served in any fashion, that those that have seen combat seem more intuned to those serving today. Those that served, but 'no combat' seem to be more 'liberal' in their Pov. Just an observation.

freeandfun1 said:
That is your problem - you are putting a "period" on the subject. As others have argued, when people of a certain group are trying to kill the majority of the people, it is time to rethink our relationship with that group until the majority of that group MAKE the minority stop. You completely overlook the FACT that the minority is still VERY large in numbers. Therefore, something MUST be done before it is too late. The safety of the many sometimes has to be ensured by the suffering of the few. If they choose to force us into doing whatever it takes to stop them, that is THEIR problem. They have plenty of opportunities themselves if they would stop fucking around and do it. You seem to want to let em all have a free ride since SOME truly are peaceful. Fuck em. When they kill somebody in your family, let's see how you feel then. Luckily, nobody in my family has yet died, but that is most likely because instead of like the last administration, this administration is taking the fight to them. If they don't want to fight us ANYWHERE, then they better start reigning in that minority.

You can't hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a small percentage of them. The average Muslim is no better position to control the actions of the radicals than you or I are.

Take the fight to the bad guys. Kill every radical that's feeling froggy. But!!! Don't advocate wholesale discrimination and killing without expecting a request to mark a spot.

MissileMan said:
You can't hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a small percentage of them. The average Muslim is no better position to control the actions of the radicals than you or I are.

Take the fight to the bad guys. Kill every radical that's feeling froggy. But!!! Don't advocate wholesale discrimination and killing without expecting a request to mark a spot.
Then you and Mr. P both need to rethink your positions on Christians because I have seen both label all Christians based on the actions of a few. Perhaps you should even in how you view matters because you are one of the biggest Christian "bashers" I have seen on USMB. Why not be as even handed with Christians as you are obviously willing to be with Muslims?

Again, the small percentage still makes up a HUGE number. Also, the average Muslim IS in a position to do something, just as the average Christian is. It is all about one's willingness or lack of, to do so.

freeandfun1 said:
Then you and Mr. P both need to rethink your positions on Christians because I have seen both label all Christians based on the actions of a few. Perhaps you should even in how you view matters because you are one of the biggest Christian "bashers" I have seen on USMB. Why not be as even handed with Christians as you are obviously willing to be with Muslims?

Again, the small percentage still makes up a HUGE number. Also, the average Muslim IS in a position to do something, just as the average Christian is. It is all about one's willingness or lack of, to do so.

free, I do hold the Christian fundamentalist to a certain standard, there are many that join in the cloak that are not 'Christian.' On the other hand or perhaps more to the point, there are Islamic groups that claim to be 'mainstream' but are in fact aiding and abetting murder and mayhem.

That is not 'equalizing.' I for one do not believe that most Christians believe that one must be 'born again' in the sense of a second baptism to be saved. Nor do I believe in the Muslim precept of belief in Allah.

Look y'all. If you want to take different sides of an issue and argue your points, that's what this board is for.

If you want to simply call each other names, go find a sandbox and bitch at each other to your heart's content. But let's tone the personal invective down a bit here, please.

Thank you very much.

:D

MissileMan said:
21 years in the USAF refutes your draft dodger mentaility rant.

my brother was a AF man...we disagreed on tactics from time to time...but never disagreed on kicking ass when needed...hope you are proud of what you have become...John Mc cain and Lt.Kerry would be proud of you! :(

Merlin1047 said:
Look y'all. If you want to take different sides of an issue and argue your points, that's what this board is for.

If you want to simply call each other names, go find a sandbox and bitch at each other to your heart's content. But let's tone the personal invective down a bit here, please.

Thank you very much.

:D

I will try..I just get frustrated when vets turn their back on each other!

freeandfun1 said:

If a group of gays, or Hindis, or even Muslims were proposing to gather outside a Christian church and act the fool, I would indeed be getting on their cases. It's probably true that I occasionally use too broad a brush in my criticism of Christians. I'll work on it. However, it did not happen today in this thread, or the other thread of hot contention about the mosque.

freeandfun1 said:

How much control do you believe the average citizen of Iran has? How much control do you believe you wield here in the states? If the NEA decides to fund some tasteless art exhibit, can you prevent it? If you can, would you please? Are you responsible if another American molests a child? Of course not! Are all American soldiers to be held in the same light as the idiots who got their jollys taking pictures in Abu Ghraib? Again, of course not.

archangel said:
my brother was a AF man...we disagreed on tactics from time to time...but never disagreed on kicking ass when needed...hope you are proud of what you have become...John Mc cain and Lt.Kerry would be proud of you! :(

And when did I say that we should abandon the WOT or be soft on terrorists?

MissileMan said:
If a group of gays, or Hindis, or even Muslims were proposing to gather outside a Christian church and act the fool, I would indeed be getting on their cases. It's probably true that I occasionally use too broad a brush in my criticism of Christians. I'll work on it. However, it did not happen today in this thread, or the other thread of hot contention about the mosque.

How much control do you believe the average citizen of Iran has? How much control do you believe you wield here in the states? If the NEA decides to fund some tasteless art exhibit, can you prevent it? If you can, would you please? Are you responsible if another American molests a child? Of course not! Are all American soldiers to be held in the same light as the idiots who got their jollys taking pictures in Abu Ghraib? Again, of course not.
ACT UP has been known to disrupt Church services on many occassions as have other other groups.

Average people everywhere have the control to either step up or not. As I said, it is all decided by one's willingness to do so or not. Every revolution in history has been started by a group willing to "buck the system". Does every Muslim in the world live in Iran? Nope. There are plenty of Muslims in the USA, Europe and elsewhere that are not doing a damn thing.

MissileMan said:
And when did I say that we should abandon the WOT or be soft on terrorists?

I refuse to be baited by a lib masked as a conservative....see Merlins warning to both of us..."You can't handle the truth" have a nice night... carry on with someone else...please!

archangel said:
I refuse to be baited by a lib masked as a conservative....see Merlins warning to both of us..."You can't handle the truth" have a nice night... carry on with someone else...please!

:lame2:

archangel said:
for your enlightenment...Iraq has a population that is made up of secularist,as well as Christian and Muslims...they will be the ultimate deciders of their fate...albeit..and if I were in charge...obviously I am not....but I would hit the areas within the extremist stronholds with extreme prejudice...shear force...this is the only message they understand...as it was during the Ottoman campaign...see history is a great subject to study...doh! :huddle:
That worked really good for you in Vietnam didnt it :happy2:

Theregular said:
That worked really good for you in Vietnam didnt it :happy2:

Sorry to disappoint your majesty...I was not "The Chief of Staff" during the VN era...just a soldier...however the tactics were working...we pulled out of VN thanks to your ilk and pansy politicians...the South Vietnamese thank you profoundly for abandoning them...Taking this aside..what the hell has VN to do with the Middle East...unless your ilk is back to your old tricks..."Spitting and protesting!" :flameth:

Forum List

Back