Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
During a routine patrol in Baghdad June 2, Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was filmed by the insurgents.

Tschiderer, with E Troop, 101st “Saber” Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

After tracking down the now-wounded sniper with a team from B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade, Tschiderer secured the terrorist with a pair of handcuffs and gave medical aid to the terrorist who’d tried to kill him just minutes before.

See the <a href="mms://wm.gannett.speedera.net/wm.gannett/atpco/071505sniper.wmv">video of the attack</a>

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-976420.php

-Cp said:
During a routine patrol in Baghdad June 2, Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was filmed by the insurgents.

Tschiderer, with E Troop, 101st “Saber” Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

After tracking down the now-wounded sniper with a team from B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade, Tschiderer secured the terrorist with a pair of handcuffs and gave medical aid to the terrorist who’d tried to kill him just minutes before.

See the <a href="mms://wm.gannett.speedera.net/wm.gannett/atpco/071505sniper.wmv">video of the attack</a>

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-976420.php

he has no clue how combat vets think or react...just spouses the liberal mantra...

My hat goes off to this trooper...was 7th,2nd cav B troop myself back in the day...this guy should receive a "Silver Star" for compassion! :thup:

archangel said:
he has no clue how combat vets think or react...just spouses the liberal mantra...

My hat goes off to this trooper...was 7th,2nd cav B troop myself back in the day...this guy should receive a "Silver Star" for compassion! :thup:

Exactly what is it that you are questioning? My patriotism?

MissileMan said:
Exactly what is it that you are questioning? My patriotism?

just your lack of experience on tactical issues and history 101! :bang3:

archangel said:
just your lack of experience on tactical issues and history 101! :bang3:

I see. So your combat experience makes you more aware that everyone is out to get you?

MissileMan said:
I see. So your combat experience makes you more aware that everyone is out to get you?

get it...65 million soldiers in Islams offensive..with the remainder of some 1 billion supporting the effort whilst they cheer from the sidelines...and passify y'all libs with the "we condemn these acts" mantra! will you please do a little research and search your soul before you make anymore stupid comments! :wtf:

rtwngAvngr said:
I question your intelligence and your character as well.
Based upon everything I've ever seen you post, that's a compliment.

Thanks!

archangel said:
get it...65 million soldiers in Islams offensive..with the remainder of some 1 billion supporting the effort whilst they cheer from the sidelines...and passify y'all libs with the "we condemn these acts" mantra! will you please do a little research and search your soul before you make anymore stupid comments! :wtf:

And you can't reconcile the fact that not ALL Muslims are out for world domination. But, for the sake of argument, let's say you're right. Can you, the Great Military Tactician, explain how we are separating good guys from bad guys in Iraq if none of them are good guys? Why are we trying to establish a free state for bad guys if there are no good guys?

MissileMan said:
And you can't reconcile the fact that not ALL Muslims are out for world domination. But, for the sake of argument, let's say you're right. Can you, the Great Military Tactician, explain how we are separating good guys from bad guys in Iraq if none of them are good guys? Why are we trying to establish a free state for bad guys if there are no good guys?

for your enlightenment...Iraq has a population that is made up of secularist,as well as Christian and Muslims...they will be the ultimate deciders of their fate...albeit..and if I were in charge...obviously I am not....but I would hit the areas within the extremist stronholds with extreme prejudice...shear force...this is the only message they understand...as it was during the Ottoman campaign...see history is a great subject to study...doh! :huddle:

archangel said:
for your enlightenment...Iraq has a population that is made up of secularist,as well as Christian and Muslims...they will be the ultimate deciders of their fate...albeit..and if I were in charge...obviously I am not....but I would hit the areas within the extremist stronholds with extreme prejudice...shear force...this is the only message they understand...as it was during the Ottoman campaign...see history is a great subject to study...doh! :huddle:

90+ percent Muslim. Again, are any of them good guys or are they all bad?

MissileMan said:
90+ percent Muslim. Again, are any of them good guys or are they all bad?

know how to answer ya...see frees posts and his Muslim friends...Jack that is...it seems as if they... the 90%... you refer to are only Muslim while at home...when they come to the USA...well "party hardy" seems to be the choice of the day....as did the 911 terrorists...by all accounts some "partied hardy" before committing suicide...whats up with this...please explain from a libs point of view...................if ya can in a comprehensive manner! :scratch:

archangel said:
Gee I really do not............ know how to answer ya

Overstatement of the obvious!

archangel said:
...see frees posts and his Muslim friends...Jack that is...it seems as if they... the 90%... you refer to are only Muslim while at home...when they come to the USA...well "party hardy" seems to be the choice of the day....as did the 911 terrorists...by all accounts some "partied hardy" before committing suicide...whats up with this...please explain from a libs point of view...................if ya can in a comprehensive manner! :scratch:

I guess your incoherent rambling is trying to suggest that Iraqi Muslims aren't real Muslims. OK, so we can be clear. Are the posers good guys or bad guys? Are only devout Muslims dangerous? BTW, you're not the first person to throw the lib label when cornered, but it fails to stick to this conservative.

MissileMan said:
Overstatement of the obvious!

I guess your incoherent rambling is trying to suggest that Iraqi Muslims aren't real Muslims. OK, so we can be clear. Are the posers good guys or bad guys? Are only devout Muslims dangerous? BTW, you're not the first person to throw the lib label when cornered, but it fails to stick to this conservative.

all I can say now is up yours...you go over and fight the good fight...if ya survive the axe come back and enlighten all of us stupids of your acheivements...until then...kiss my vets ass! :rolleyes:

archangel said:
all I can say now is up yours...you go over and fight the good fight...if ya survive the axe come back and enlighten all off us stupids of your acheivements...until then...kiss my vets ass! :rolleyes:

:blah2: Mark a spot! You're an ass from head to toe!

MissileMan said:
:blah2: Mark a spot! You're an ass from head to toe!

masking oneself as a conservative...take lessons from Hillary did ya...fuck you... I am through with ya draft dodger mentality! :bat:

Ya know, I used to think Missile Man was an intelligent fella that I just didn't agree with a lot on. Once in a while he would actually make me think about a position I held..

But today, his ramblings are that of a dolt. First he wants to argue the meanings of words (which I provided the dictionary's definitions for) and now he wants to claim that Muslims can't be Muslim and secularist at the same time? I am getting confused by his ramblings. Just because one is a Muslim that does not mean they cannot embrace adopting a secularlist government. This is the same guy that would argue with you that Saddam's government was secularist. Does that mean they weren't Muslim until AFTER Sadman was overthrown?

What is it Missile Head that you don't get? if 5% of 1.3 billion people want you and me dead, those 65 million will do a lot of frigg'n damage if WE don't do something to try and change their thinking. Iraq is a grand experiment, that I grant you, but the goals are worthy of attempt. Installing an Arabic government that embraces freedom, secularism and democracy. God forbid we do anything to try and help them succeed. I mean shit, if we do, you might be proved the fool you are.

Outside opinion, anyone from the US has a right to say what they wish.
anyone has the right to disagree with anyone else. When it comes to those that served in combat vs. those that served, sorry, I don't see a difference. Truth to tell, I might be more inclined towards Archangel's pov, but Missleman should not be shutoff, because he did not see combat.

Shoot, the vast majority of us DID NOT SERVE, much less see combat, per the Constitution, we have a right to be heard.

archangel said:
masking oneself as a conservative...take lessons from Hillary did ya...fuck you... I am through with ya draft doger mentality! :bat:

21 years in the USAF refutes your draft dodger mentaility rant.

Forum List

Back