odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Both are happening this month.

eclipse_diagram_lunar_vs_solar.jpg

images.jpeg

Last edited:

Dumbass, you don't know anything, do you? The annular solar eclipse in about a week or so will track through the western states across Utah and down into Texas I believe. If it is clear that day out east and you have a white light solar filter to protect your eyes, you will be able to see it as a partial covering of the Sun by part of the Moon.

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 5.35.33 PM.png

I wasn't optimistic about getting a usable shot of today's solar eclipse, but just at the peak of the eclipse, the Sun happened to peek through a convenient gap in the otherwise heavy cloud cover.
This is from Sacramento, California.
View attachment 842958

Nice picture Bob. Nothing but all clouds and rain here of course. You captured a nice range of colors there, from reds, yellows and blues! Strange vertical striations on the left side of the picture maybe an artifact from low light in your sensor. For all your processing though, there is a speck of dirt, maybe a bird, or a UFO :smile: near center that I took out for you.

ZSC_8511-topaz-denoise-exposure-sharpen-color.jpg

Tell me the difference between a rotation, a revolution, and an orbit.
Sure, rotation is when he sits on it and turns. Revolution is when they all band together to sit and rotate. Orbit is the path he takes around the gay bar looking for the door, while he rotates.

What your describing is generally called "eclipse season" ... the Moon's orbit is a bit skew to Earth's orbit ... to she'll pass either above or below the Sun at New or Full Moon ... except when she doesn't ...

Very often, we do get a solar eclipse and lunar eclipse two weeks apart ... more rarely a third event two weeks further ... and since we're getting these eclipses here in mid-October, like clockwork, next eclipse season is April of 2024 ...

I'll stop here ... but for any math geeks out there, eclipses are great fun to calculate, nothing more advanced than ellipse geometry and lots and lots and lots of delicious algebra ... [quivers] ... better than rotating axes ... and the only thing saving you is the Earth's orbit doesn't have nodes ...

Easy Peasy ...

Forum List

Back