So. Who is going to celebrate Easter?

Of course I discuss.

But I don't abide nonsense. And it's nonsense to look down your nose at Christians, while at the same time dictating what constitutes *proper* Christian behavior, while admitting you aren't Christian and really have no authority to back up the tripe you're pedaling.
I didn't say I was not Christian. I said I am. Sorta. Read, KG. READ. I am part pantheist, part pagan, part christian. In short....it's a weird path I am on. I explore many things...but while exploring, I drag the Christian God and Jesus along with me cuz I ain't leaving either behind.
How do I explain this? I can't. I just see God in everything. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowers. Bees. I hear God in everything. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowers. Bees, etc. He is everywhere, and He goes WITH ME when I trail off unto another path.

Anyway....not in the mood to fight today, so..have a nice easter.

Sorry, your comments show that you have no concept of what Christianity means to the rest of us, or how we conceive of it.

And a Christian can't be *part* pagan. Being part pagan means you're not a Christian, dear.
Honey, I can be anything I want to be. Spirituality is personal between God and the person. I may not have any concept of what Christianity means to "the rest of you" but you also have no concept of what it means to ME. Your path is your path. Mine is mine. And I'm ok with yours being yours. Try being ok with mine being mine.

No, honey, you can't be anything you want to be. You can't be a horse, you can't be a car, and if you're a pagan, you aren't a Christian. In this matter, as in others, the fact that you make up new definitions doesn't make them correct. Regardless of what lies you tell yourself and others. I'm fine with it, telling you you aren't a Christian isn't me *not being fine* with your insanity. It's just me telling you you're not a Christian. Get over it.
Yes mommy. You live in yer lalaland and I will live in mine. I just won't try to force mine on you or judge you on how you choose to worship God, m'kay?:spinner:

You won't judge?? What the hell it this thread even about then?? To shed a little light, honey, it's YOU judging Christians that happen to hold Easter Egg hunts as a part of the Easter tradition. Nut cases start threads like this belittling and judging Christians and then preach how we should stop 'judging' and 'forcing' our opinions on them? Hilarious!!!

The problem is..when you "discuss" you aren't really discussing. Well, you are, but then you toss in a few specks of spittle that lands on my face. It's very unpleasant.

Meanwhile...have a happy easter, hope your girls find lots of candy filled eggs and it's WARM so all can enjoy the day.

Of course I discuss.

But I don't abide nonsense. And it's nonsense to look down your nose at Christians, while at the same time dictating what constitutes *proper* Christian behavior, while admitting you aren't Christian and really have no authority to back up the tripe you're pedaling.
I didn't say I was not Christian. I said I am. Sorta. Read, KG. READ. I am part pantheist, part pagan, part christian. In short....it's a weird path I am on. I explore many things...but while exploring, I drag the Christian God and Jesus along with me cuz I ain't leaving either behind.
How do I explain this? I can't. I just see God in everything. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowers. Bees. I hear God in everything. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowers. Bees, etc. He is everywhere, and He goes WITH ME when I trail off unto another path.

Sorry, your comments show that you have no concept of what Christianity means to the rest of us, or how we conceive of it.

And a Christian can't be *part* pagan. Being part pagan means you're not a Christian, dear.
Honey, I can be anything I want to be. Spirituality is personal between God and the person. I may not have any concept of what Christianity means to "the rest of you" but you also have no concept of what it means to ME. Your path is your path. Mine is mine. And I'm ok with yours being yours. Try being ok with mine being mine.

Try being okay with yours? Aren't YOU the one who started this thread throwing shit at those who 'claim' to be a Christian, yet still hold Easter Egg hunts? You can't make this shit up... lol Why don't you go find a mirror and preach to yourself, you need it more than anyone else in here.
Now dont be mean to Gracie. I imagine she's like George burns wife or Archie bunkers wife. Would you yell at Edith? Are you an Archie bunker? Even George jefferson was hard. And James Evans was tough. Not like mike Brady. What kind of guy are you?

No, honey, you can't be anything you want to be. You can't be a horse, you can't be a car, and if you're a pagan, you aren't a Christian. In this matter, as in others, the fact that you make up new definitions doesn't make them correct. Regardless of what lies you tell yourself and others. I'm fine with it, telling you you aren't a Christian isn't me *not being fine* with your insanity. It's just me telling you you're not a Christian. Get over it.
Yes mommy. You live in yer lalaland and I will live in mine. I just won't try to force mine on you or judge you on how you choose to worship God, m'kay?:spinner:

You won't judge?? What the hell it this thread even about then?? To shed a little light, honey, it's YOU judging Christians that happen to hold Easter Egg hunts as a part of the Easter tradition. Nut cases start threads like this belittling and judging Christians and then preach how we should stop 'judging' and 'forcing' our opinions on them? Hilarious!!!
I hate the born agains or new converts who run around telling people about eternal damnation. Fear and gullibility and answers to unknowable questions is their hook.

I hate the born agains or new converts who run around telling people about eternal damnation. Fear and gullibility and answers to unknowable questions is their hook.

Where are they? Don't see anyone here telling Gracie how to live her life? She started the thread to ridicule and judge Christians, she needs to go look in a mirror.

Of course I discuss.

Try being okay with yours? Aren't YOU the one who started this thread throwing shit at those who 'claim' to be a Christian, yet still hold Easter Egg hunts? You can't make this shit up... lol Why don't you go find a mirror and preach to yourself, you need it more than anyone else in here.
Now dont be mean to Gracie. I imagine she's like George burns wife or Archie bunkers wife. Would you yell at Edith? Are you an Archie bunker? Even George jefferson was hard. And James Evans was tough. Not like mike Brady. What kind of guy are you?

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't have a penis. lol

I like cat fights. Anyways can you tell me what a bunny or eggs has to do with easter?

I like cat fights. Anyways can you tell me what a bunny or eggs has to do with easter?

They have nothing to do with it, it's a fun thing for the children

Can you tell me why a church holding an egg hunt is hypocritical? Why don't you get the op to explain her position, then maybe we can talk about it. So far all she has done is fling silly accusations with absolutely nothing to back any of it up.

They have nothing to do with it, it's a fun thing for the children

Can you tell me why a church holding an egg hunt is hypocritical? Why don't you get the op to explain her position, then maybe we can talk about it. So far all she has done is fling silly accusations with absolutely nothing to back any of it up.
She bit off more than she can chew? I think if I had a kid, even as an athiest I would go along just like I will lie to a kid about Santa. Kids maybe need the lord a little to learn to be good. I haven't decided for sure what I'd do because I dont have kids and not sure the god devil heaven hell is good for people.

I don't care about Easter but it's a national holiday here so I'm in a posh hotel, enjoying a week by the sea.

Of course I discuss.

He's a fucktard and on ignore. All he does is lie and spit while lying. :gay:

Ah yes, Easter.

The timing of which is reckoned by the pagan method of it being the first Sunday after the first full moon on or after the vernal equinox.

Yea, THAT "Easter".

Last edited:

He's a fucktard and on ignore. All he does is lie and spit while lying. :gay:

Of course I'm on ignore, you can't handle answering the tough questions, all you want to do is spew hate. Too bad, so sad.

It's pagan, ya know. I am amused when churches have Sunday services complete with easter egg hunts. :lol:

I am going to cook something Sunday either a pot roast or steaks, not sure what else I wil be doing tho.

We're doing ham.
And potato salad.
And some sort of jello salad.
And cornbread, I think.
Probably some sort of green salad. Maybe with crab.

I know that sounds like a lot of salads, but potato salad and jello salad aren't actually SALAD...

It's pagan, ya know. I am amused when churches have Sunday services complete with easter egg hunts. :lol:

I am going to cook something Sunday either a pot roast or steaks, not sure what else I wil be doing tho.

We're doing ham.
And potato salad.
And some sort of jello salad.
And cornbread, I think.
Probably some sort of green salad. Maybe with crab.

I know that sounds like a lot of salads, but potato salad and jello salad aren't actually SALAD...

Yum!

Easter is pagan, and atheists are not rational, and who cares?

I am going to celebrate Easter.

I am going to go in my disguise of Evangelical Man and steal some of kg's Easter treats.

I was actually thinking about going to the sunrise thing on top of the local mountain here on Sunday. But...then I remember just how HIGH it is, how EARLY it will be (before dawn) and my joints. So instead..I think I will just celebrate in my cozy back yard.
One doesn't need lots of people or a group or even a church to worship God or celebrate Jesus rising. Just me, the dogs, my flowers and bees and bugs and birds....can be the congregation.

Oh, and for Easter Brunch...or dinner....pot stickers. Easy, fast, filling, no fuss no muss but I sure wish my broom would reach KG's house to partake of her fare but it's as putt putt old as I am and I'd probably land in the middle of a freeway and get smooshed.

Most Christian holidays have pagan origins. If the Bible doesn't mention it, it's probably pagan. In an effort to get pagans to become Christian, the early Church allowed them to bring their various festivals and observances into Christianity. This was seen too in Judaism with the creation of some holidays like Chanukah which isn't anywhere in the Tanach. It's actually from Talmud which not all Jews follow (following Man instead of God et al.)

Most Christian holidays have pagan origins. If the Bible doesn't mention it, it's probably pagan. In an effort to get pagans to become Christian, the early Church allowed them to bring their various festivals and observances into Christianity. This was seen too in Judaism with the creation of some holidays like Chanukah which isn't anywhere in the Tanach. It's actually from Talmud which not all Jews follow (following Man instead of God et al.)
no Christian holiday has pagan origins......they simply stole the day that pagans were already celebrating and used it for their own celebrations.......the fact that the pagans continued to do pagan things doesn't make Christianity pagan......

Forum List

Back