So - what is the Tea Party Movement?

It's a movement that started out legit. It stood for small government, fiscal responsability, troop withdrawl and against police the world, legislating morality, and forcing the government upon peoples lives. This started during the neo-con administration with the Libertarian Party and a few other groups reacting to the wreckless policies of the Bush administration.

That group is bound to continue during the Obama administration, because there's been very few differences between Obama and Bush so far. However, the "tea party movement" got into high gear as soon as Obama stepped into office, because a bunch of christian rightist nutjobs grabbed signs and started calling themselves "tea-partiers". If you ask them what they're concern is, it's mostly Obama's redical leftist agenda, meaning he threatens our "christian values" that we want to force down people's throats.

The tea partiers were hijacked by the christian right and the white backlash that came with the election of a black president. Obama represented everything the christian right hates during the campaign: liberty, choice, freedom and all that good shit (now what he's done in office is a different story, but I'm talking about the campaign).

It all breaks down to this: the tea party "movement" before Obama was a small group of young, intelligent intellectuals, the same people that were behind Ron Paul in 2008. The tea party after Obama became a large group of old uneducated rednecks and "christian rightists" that believe in "small government" unless it conflicts with their so-called "values". I've seen Ron Paul rallies, there are usually nice, clean-looking people (literally like they took a shower before the rally). The one tea party event I've been too or stopped by because I was interested it was in Charles County, Maryland... not so much.

It's kind of sad, but I judge it like this, any group that existed before 2008 is legitimate to me and worth listening to, any group that came in existance AFTER is just a group that's jumping off the opportunity to exploit the right-wing christian nut hysteria. This isn't astro-turf as much as it's blatant exploitation of stupidity.

Last edited:
[
Didn't Obama renew the Patriot Act?

Are you surprised that someone in Federal Government voted to give the Federal Government more power?

Me neither.

Some of the tea party people (me) were up in arms way back even before bush got re-elected...i was out in the street protesting the patriot act because it allowed the government to much access into my personal life, the governments job is to be fiscally responsible, protect me from foreign threats, and leave me alone.

I have a great deal of respect for those that committed political suicide on the Right during the Bush/DeLay/Frist years and stood up to the GOP and their expansion of Federal Power.

My read on a great many of the Tea Partiers is that they aren't exactly that caliber of voter. They are, for the most part, sore losers who only now realize what they allowed to have happened on their watch and are hard at work to make sure the GOP comes back to power to do it again.

I have zero respect for Partisan voters.

For me it wasn't political suicide as I'm not a member of either political party but I too respect those few hardcore conservatives that joined us...it was mostly liberal minded people at that time.

There is the sore loser element, our "code pinkers" if you will, and they do get a TON of media attention. They are a minority that, in my opinion, has been propped up as a majority by people like pelosi and the MSM.

The OP is really retarded for many reasons. She described anti-illegal immigration as extreme. Is anti-illegal anything extreme such as anti-illegal drug use or anti-illegal theft? I am trying to figure out if enforcing the law is extreme.

It's a movement that started out legit. It stood for small government, fiscal responsability, troop withdrawl and against police the world, legislating morality, and forcing the government upon peoples lives. This started during the neo-con administration with the Libertarian Party and a few other groups reacting to the wreckless policies of the Bush administration.

That group is bound to continue during the Obama administration, because there's been very few differences between Obama and Bush so far. However, the "tea party movement" got into high gear as soon as Obama stepped into office, because a bunch of christian rightist nutjobs grabbed signs and started calling themselves "tea-partiers". If you ask them what they're concern is, it's mostly Obama's redical leftist agenda, meaning he threatens our "christian values" that we want to force down people's throats.

The tea partiers were hijacked by the christian right and the white backlash that came with the election of a black president. Obama represented everything the christian right hates during the campaign: liberty, choice, freedom and all that good shit (now what he's done in office is a different story, but I'm talking about the campaign).

It all breaks down to this: the tea party "movement" before Obama was a small group of young, intelligent intellectuals, the same people that were behind Ron Paul in 2008. The tea party after Obama became a large group of old uneducated rednecks and "christian rightists" that believe in "small government" unless it conflicts with their so-called "values". I've seen Ron Paul rallies, there are usually nice, clean-looking people (literally like they took a shower before the rally). The one tea party event I've been too or stopped by because I was interested it was in Charles County, Maryland... not so much.

It's kind of sad, but I judge it like this, any group that existed before 2008 is legitimate to me and worth listening to, any group that came in existance AFTER is just a group that's jumping off the opportunity to exploit the right-wing christian nut hysteria. This isn't astro-turf as much as it's blatant exploitation of stupidity.
That actually sounds pretty true.

I remember on a board I posted on during the second term of the Bush admin...the libertarians were much more aligned with the liberals and against the policies of the Bush administration. But their numbers were few. The one's that post here, with the exception of Pilgrim (who has his own silly quirks) seem to me more right wing than actual conservatives.

Last edited by a moderator:

It actually started after the Obama administration got into office because you can't name one Tparty before that. I know that many obamabots are trying to co-opt it by saying the anger is Bush's fault but that is complete bullshit.

How many Tparty were there before Obama got elected? How many did you attend before that? None because they did not exist.

You are liar.

It actually started after the Obama administration got into office because you can't name one Tparty before that. I know that many obamabots are trying to co-opt it by saying the anger is Bush's fault but that is complete bullshit.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt that some of them ARE actually legitimate is really the best I can do. It's what helps me sleep at night.:lol:

Like I said... any organization that claims to have a "small government" "grassroots" ideology is illegitimate and based totally and completely off right-wing christian opposition to Obama.

It's time to call black black and white white, if your for small government... be for SMALL government... not just small government when it fits your bullshit agenda.

That actually sounds pretty true.

I remember on a board I posted on during the second term of the Bush admin...the libertarians were much more aligned with the liberals and against the policies of the Bush administration. But their numbers were few. The one's that post here, with the exception of Pilgrim (who has his own silly quirks) seem to me more right wing than actual conservatives.

Two people agreeing with each other doesn't make it true.

Last edited:

How many Tparty were there before Obama got elected? How many did you attend before that? None because they did not exist.

You are liar.

Read what I wrote one more time dumbass...

I've seen Ron Paul rallies, there are usually nice, clean-looking people (literally like they took a shower before the rally). The one tea party event I've been too or stopped by because I was interested it was in Charles County, Maryland... not so much.

Never once said I saw a tea party rally before 2008. Brush up on those reading comprehension skills.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt that some of them ARE actually legitimate is really the best I can do. It's what helps me sleep at night.:lol:

Like I said... any organization that claims to have a "small government" "grassroots" ideology is illegitimate and based totally and completely off right-wing christian opposition to Obama.

It's time to call black black and white white, if your for small government... be for SMALL government... not just small government when it fits your bullshit agenda.

Has it every occurred to you that some people really don't care what you think is legitmate or not legitimate. You act like everyone should get your seal of approval in order for it exist. My question is what makes you so great that you can decide that?

Find me one nasty Tbagger comment made by CNN before Obama election? When you find all those nasty CNN stories about tparty movement then I'll think your opinion on the topic is 'legitimate'.

The Libertarians and like-minded groups were holding Tea parties and Tax Day protests for many years before Obama. Some groups date back at least to the Clinton Administration if not before. They were mostly small, local and not in the national spotlight, but those people I can respect even if I disagree with them.

The new Tea Partier movement is obviously a mixed bag. I have a hard time sorting out who's real and who's riding the bandwagon. Normal, regular people peacefully protesting for principle (how's that for alliteration?) always get my respect if not necessarily my agreement. The wanna-bes, bandwagoners, usurpers, those advocating violence and various pols wanting to co-opt it or profit from it don't. But as to which groups are which anymore, got me. There's too many to keep straight.

You are liar.

Read what I wrote one more time dumbass...

I've seen Ron Paul rallies, there are usually nice, clean-looking people (literally like they took a shower before the rally). The one tea party event I've been too or stopped by because I was interested it was in Charles County, Maryland... not so much.

Never once said I saw a tea party rally before 2008. Brush up on those reading comprehension skills.

That seems like you are saying that the Tparty movement started before the election of Obama. Where is your proof?

in case you libtards forgot they were in full force at the townhalls last summer. will Osama send his troopers out again ????? :razz:

The Libertarians and like-minded groups were holding Tea parties and Tax Day protests for many years before Obama. Some groups date back at least to the Clinton Administration if not before. They were mostly small, local and not in the national spotlight, but those people I can respect even if I disagree with them.

The new Tea Partier movement is obviously a mixed bag. I have a hard time sorting out who's real and who's riding the bandwagon. Normal, regular people peacefully protesting for principle (how's that for alliteration?) always get my respect if not necessarily my agreement. The wanna-bes, bandwagoners, usurpers, those advocating violence and various pols wanting to co-opt it or profit from it don't. But as to which groups are which anymore, got me. There's too many to keep straight.

When and where? Did they use the Tparty name? Obviously not.

They did not and most affiliated themselves with the right or republican but I suspect this is a new play for the obamabots in order to try to redirect this anger away from them.

Some of them no doubt did. Does that make them less legitimate that they have finally woken up and seen the light? Is it not better to see the error of your ways and start working to change it?

What a stupid fucking post.

There's a lot of stupid people in that movement.

They're going to line up behind the same GOP talking heads that promised them small government (and gave us the Patriot Act), greater security (and forced email providers to provide backdoors the Chinese are using to hack our emails), and lower spending (besides the Medicare Prescription Program and two incredibly costly wars).

If they were serious they'd be forming a third party now. They're not. They are far and away motivated by purely partisan politics. That's a shame as partisan politics is exactly what got us here in the first place.

There's a lot of stupid people in the DNC, and the GOP. So what? Do you dismiss either party because of the fools that it attracts?

Fact is the TEA parties are not about race, or the democrats, they are about Government of the People, for the People, by the People. If you don't agree with them, that is fine but it seems to me that most people (certainly here) are anti-TEA parties and don't have a fucking clue what they are about. That is ignorance.

And the people that you are talking about...the Ron Paul supporter types, were labeled traitors and worse by the very people that have co-opted their movement.

Makes me laugh.

Forum List

Back