So we believe this

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
The bottom 50% of income people in the usa make peanuts as a % of americans income.
But many on here believe that they should pay the same % as those who are well off.
Do you really think that a person who is poor gets a fair share out of what the country spend on it's budget? Do you think that the deficiet has much to do with them?
As a country we have went as far as saying that the first 10,000 or so is below what anyone would need to survive so we don't ask for taxes to be paid on that amount, for anyone.

But what do people mean that everyone should share equally in paying taxes, at the same time knowing that little of what the govt spends has anything to do with most of them.

The bottom 50% of income people in the usa make peanuts as a % of americans income.
But many on here believe that they should pay the same % as those who are well off.
Do you really think that a person who is poor gets a fair share out of what the country spend on it's budget? Do you think that the deficiet has much to do with them?
As a country we have went as far as saying that the first 10,000 or so is below what anyone would need to survive so we don't ask for taxes to be paid on that amount, for anyone.

But what do people mean that everyone should share equally in paying taxes, at the same time knowing that little of what the govt spends has anything to do with most of them.

Two words....."fair tax"

• Banned
Ok, now if there are rivers, and roads and airports and hospitals and oil subsidies, and ports, and police and and anything that we spend money on but i don't use these things I should be made to pay for them equally with people who depend on them?

Just out of curiosity....

Exactly what do the "non poor" benefit from that the poor do not benefit from as it pertains to the government budget?

Ok, now if there are rivers, and roads and airports and hospitals and oil subsidies, and ports, and police and and anything that we spend money on but i don't use these things I should be made to pay for them equally with people who depend on them?

I don't have school children. Why should I pay for schools? That your point? I'll go with it. Will save me a lot of money. Thanks In Advance.

Lets break this down...

Rivers.....allows for easy shipment of lumber...keeps cost down to you, the consumer for toilet paper, note pads, etc.
Roads and Airports....allows for transcontinental travel for goods....keeps cost down for the consumer......YOU
Oil subsidies.....keeps cost down for the consumer
Ports...allows for importing opening up competition of goods....keeps cost down for consumer
Police....protect you

Do you live under a rock?

what's a fair tax? How would you determin that?

Have you been living under a rock?

The FairTax:
  • Enables workers to keep their entire paychecks
  • Enables retirees to keep their entire pensions
  • Refunds in advance the tax on purchases of basic necessities
  • Allows American products to compete fairly
  • Brings transparency and accountability to tax policy
  • Ensures Social Security and Medicare funding
  • Closes all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation
  • Abolishes the IRS

The FairTax:
  • Abolishes the IRS

lol....i mean.....huh?
Look at my last line of the post before yours.

Daddy....is that you?

Just about everything we do as a country benefits the rich or is in place because of the rich. Schools and education, high speed roads, airports, hospitials, local govt's and cost of fed govt. The military is a big one, it's not playing much of a part in their lifes, they don't need wars or to protect certain countries that we depend on.
Do you think all the rules and regulation that we have to pass and enforce are because of poor?
How often do you think a poor person uses the court system for an advantage?

Since the bottom 50% only own .03% 3/100 of a percent of the wealth in this country how would you suggest that they use what this country has to offer or what this country has to do to protect it's property and people on an equal vasis.

We both have a house, you want me to pay the same taxes as you?
You have five kids and they all go to college, I have five kids and they all work on the farm. I should pay for the college?

The FairTax:
  • Abolishes the IRS

lol....i mean.....huh?
Look at my last line of the post before yours.

Daddy....is that you?

HAHAHA I read that after I posted and thought damn, I guess great minds do think alike. :lol:

Just about everything we do as a country benefits the rich or is in place because of the rich. Schools and education, high speed roads, airports, hospitials, local govt's and cost of fed govt. The military is a big one, it's not playing much of a part in their lifes, they don't need wars or to protect certain countries that we depend on.
Do you think all the rules and regulation that we have to pass and enforce are because of poor?

Since the bottom 50% only own .03% 3/100 of a percent of the wealth in this country how would you suggest that they use what this country has to offer or what this country has to do to protect it's property and people on an equal vasis.

You have five kids and they all go to college, I have five kids and they all work on the farm. I should pay for the college?

Could this nation be as great as it is with NO rich people?

Have you ever gotten a job from a poor man?

Why do you hate rich people?

The poor dont go to school? They dont go to the hospital (for free)?
Many of them are to protect the poor...and everyone

As often as he needs to...and for free if he prefers an attorney for free...something the rich dont do

I believe you see the country as owing to the people. No. The country is what you make of it

Yes...if you live in my neighborhood.

seems to be your choice to not have them go to college. But they are allowed to if they want to

And finally.......

Most of the wealthier do not use food stamps, welfare, the ER for free....

keeps cost down for consumer(most of the poor in this nation(50%)don't comsume much above stating alive).

You still haven't explained what a fair tax is and how it would work!

The truth is it would destroy the country because those who now live on little with no tax would be paying a tax up front, forcing them to buy less.
Unless you wanted to inclued everything in your fair tax it would not be fair.
Any money invested would also have to be taxed, which would keep people from buying stocks, or other business that they might want, or machinery or a new roof for the factory they own.

OK now tell us that anything done to make money wouldn't be included right?

Just about everything we do as a country benefits the rich or is in place because of the rich.
So
Yes
Tons

That depends, do you pay less? Then sure.
Taxes are based on value

Nope

keeps cost down for consumer(most of the poor in this nation(50%)don't comsume much above stating alive).

The truth is it would destroy the country because those who now live on little with no tax would be paying a tax up front, forcing them to buy less.
Unless you wanted to inclued everything in your fair tax it would not be fair.
Any money invested would also have to be taxed, which would keep people from buying stocks, or other business that they might want, or machinery or a new roof for the factory they own.

OK now tell us that anything done to make money wouldn't be included right?

I provided a link. Shall I spoonfeed you the information or do you think you can handle reading it yourself?

Fifty percent of the richest country in the history of the world make "peanuts." You're a moron.

But that aside, if you are not a taxpayer, you are not a stakeholder in your country because you have no consequence to your vote. And therefore you vote for the people who promise you the most of someone else's money. BTW, the Fair Tax solves this problem.

And those people dont make enough to pay any taxes.

What about the rest of the population that are not dirt poor yet still do not pay any taxes but consume plenty? Afterall, THOSE are the ones we complain about.

I think you are confused. I do not expect a homeless family to pay taxes.
But I have an issue with those that have 3 TV's, a car, a stereo...get food stamps, and welfare, and free use of the ER....but pay no taxes.

The poor dont go to school? They dont go to the hospital (for free)?
No the poor don't go to the hospitals as much as rich people do, or do they get treated the same!

Many of them are to protect the poor...and everyone (the poor need little protection except from what is done in the process of making money)

As often as he needs to...and for free if he prefers an attorney for free...something the rich dont do (the problem is the only time a poor person is using the courts is to defend themselves) the rich use them all the time being sued for something they did or being sued for not doing what they said they would do)All revoles around money.

I believe you see the country as owing to the people. No. The country is what you make of it. (no what I see is many people using what this country has in their attemp to make money and then telling everyone who doesn't or isn't smart enough that they are just as responsible for the cost because they live in america)

Yes...if you live in my neighborhood. (and if I have a home that is worth 1,000,000 and yours is worth 275,000 we should both pay the same?) IT WASN'T MY CHOICE YOU CHOOSE TO OWN SUCH A DIVE.

seems to be your choice to not have them go to college. But they are allowed to if they want to(SO I SHOULD HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE A CHOICE THAT YOU THINK I WANT OR SHOULD WANT) AND NOT EVERYONE HAS A REAL CHOICE TO GO TO COLLEGE, AND IF YOU BELIEVE THEY DO YOU REALLY ARE DUMB.

A PERSON WITH WEALTH HAS NO PROBLEM SENDING THEIR KIDS TO A COLLEGE, UNLIKE A WORKING STIFF WHO HAS LITTLE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO SURVIVE.

THE COLLEGE PUTS A WEALTHY KID RIGHT ON HIS WAY TO SUCCESS, WHERE MOST POOR PEOPLE ARE LUCKY IF THEM AND THEIR KIDS HAVEN'T GAINED LARGE AMOUNTS OF DEBT THAT ONCE AGAINS PUT THEM BEHIND.

Forum List

Back