So Trump is a racist? I think not.

If he would frame his points in a different manner I don't think anybody would think that he is racist. Both his rhetoric AND his policy points, however, indicate anywhere from mild to extreme racism.

Take his wanting to build a "wall." Now, he originally assigned this idea in order to keep the "bad people" out...and by "bad people" he directly means Mexicans, specifically referring to them as "rapists" in a general manner. His rhetoric is unbelievably inflammatory and doesn't even attempt to take a more respectful or "higher ground" when referring to people or groups he doesn't like. If you look at the policy behind the wall...again...this infers real contempt for the Mexican people. First of all, if he were to build a wall and use our money and resources to do so in an attempt to create more safety, in general...that is one thing. Here, however, he repeatedly claims that the Mexican government should pay for OUR wall. Directly blaming them as the reason they have to put it up (because, remember, they are "bad people" and "rapists"). Furthermore, if the wall was built to provide more safety from the drug trade that saturates that border (and nobody denies that this is a reality), then the obvious and easiest solution is actually to attack the drug policies that we have implemented in this country...not try to stop a booming trade that every single president before you has attempted to stop...and failed. Instead, of pointing towards a more rational solution proven to work in other countries, he, again, blames the Mexican people.

I mean if you can't see where people can easily see that he's racist...I don't know what to tell you. When you scape goat an entire people as the cause for your problems (he blames them for everything from taking our jobs away, to drugs, to crime)...it is almost the epitome of racist rhetoric. Now, I will say that a lot of people mistakenly seem to think that Trump is racist towards blacks...I do not believe this to be the case, I've seen him give us no reason to actually lend any credence to this claim. Being racist towards other peoples (Mexicans / Hispanics primarily, but you can also through in Muslims too...although there are some legitimate reasons for his actions), is something that is well documented throughout his current campaign.

Telling criminals and criminal regimes just where they stand in the order of things isn't racist. I think it's hilarious that he puts the fuckchop Mexican presidents in his place. I'm sick of people and politicians who insist we have to bow before scum. You bow if you like, lickspittle...that's what cowards do. But I appreciate those who refuse to, despite the fact that dweebs call them names for it.

I agree. However, calling people criminals and criminal regimes when there is almost no evidence founding those claims...can indeed be easily taken as a racist remark.

I don't care how it's taken. It's not a racist comment.

And please tell me you aren't arguing that the Mexican government isn't criminal. My cousin's husband bounced out of Mexican prison because he was friends with the vp at the time, and he paid off the wardens.

Okay, then please link me to the source that states that the vast majority of Mexican immigrants are criminal, which would mean he made the claim based upon fact and not fiction (thus not falsely accusing an entire people of being something negative that they aren't). I may have missed this statistic, and, if so, I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong.

"81% of whites murdered are murdered by Blacks" .. Donald Trump

TRUTH is that 82% of whites murdered are murdered by white people. .. FBI

Without question Trump is a racist.

That being said .. Trump acting racist fits quite nicely in his act. He has no intention of being president .. he just wants to get Hillary elected while destroying what's left of the Republican Party.
I'm not sure that because the Donald re-tweets some stupid shit makes him racist, it just makes him gullible to stereo types.

Pandering to racists is, perhaps, different from being a racist. But, I'm unsure it's better, and I think you could argue it's worse.

That being said .. Trump acting racist fits quite nicely in his act. He has no intention of being president .. he just wants to get Hillary elected while destroying what's left of the Republican Party.
I'm not sure that because the Donald re-tweets some stupid shit makes him racist, it just makes him gullible to stereo types.

Pandering to racists is, perhaps, different from being a racist. But, I'm unsure it's better, and I think you could argue it's worse.

As I've said many times, I don't think that Trump has any intentions of being the president. This is all an act .. quite possibly including his portrayal of being a racist.

As I've said many times, I don't think that Trump has any intentions of being the president. This is all an act .. quite possibly including his portrayal of being a racist.

I know people who deal with him (poor bastards) and they say in his actual life he's not a racist, and it's common knowledge the kids have gone shopping together, and Hillary at first found him to be fun and amusing.

But that's no excuse for incivility and pandering to racists.

I know people who deal with him (poor bastards) and they say in his actual life he's not a racist, and it's common knowledge the kids have gone shopping together, and Hillary at first found him to be fun and amusing.

The Clinton's and Trump's are best of friends.

I agree with you on pandering to racists.

Good talking to you .. thanks.

I'm not sure Hillary is feeling friendly anymore. LOL She needs a nickname for him. I've been fond of "the big quack." "Floating Donald" might fit, given how he floats a policy and then immediately flops totally opposite.

If he would frame his points in a different manner I don't think anybody would think that he is racist. Both his rhetoric AND his policy points, however, indicate anywhere from mild to extreme racism.

Take his wanting to build a "wall." Now, he originally assigned this idea in order to keep the "bad people" out...and by "bad people" he directly means Mexicans, specifically referring to them as "rapists" in a general manner. His rhetoric is unbelievably inflammatory and doesn't even attempt to take a more respectful or "higher ground" when referring to people or groups he doesn't like. If you look at the policy behind the wall...again...this infers real contempt for the Mexican people. First of all, if he were to build a wall and use our money and resources to do so in an attempt to create more safety, in general...that is one thing. Here, however, he repeatedly claims that the Mexican government should pay for OUR wall. Directly blaming them as the reason they have to put it up (because, remember, they are "bad people" and "rapists"). Furthermore, if the wall was built to provide more safety from the drug trade that saturates that border (and nobody denies that this is a reality), then the obvious and easiest solution is actually to attack the drug policies that we have implemented in this country...not try to stop a booming trade that every single president before you has attempted to stop...and failed. Instead, of pointing towards a more rational solution proven to work in other countries, he, again, blames the Mexican people.

I mean if you can't see where people can easily see that he's racist...I don't know what to tell you. When you scape goat an entire people as the cause for your problems (he blames them for everything from taking our jobs away, to drugs, to crime)...it is almost the epitome of racist rhetoric. Now, I will say that a lot of people mistakenly seem to think that Trump is racist towards blacks...I do not believe this to be the case, I've seen him give us no reason to actually lend any credence to this claim. Being racist towards other peoples (Mexicans / Hispanics primarily, but you can also through in Muslims too...although there are some legitimate reasons for his actions), is something that is well documented throughout his current campaign.
What you 'jump to conclusion' people fail to see is that Trump never meant ALL Mexicans are bad people, just as he never meant ALL Muslims are bad people in his idea to temporarily ban Muslim immigrants from entry. He wants the wall to keep out all but those Mexicans that can be vetted to show that they are not criminals. He wants to temporarily ban all Muslims in order to filter out the goddamned terrorists disguising themselves as refugees from oppression.

The wall will have doors through which people in Mexico can enter LEGALLY into the US. The ban on Muslim entry is temporary and intended only to protect US citizens from an onslaught of Muslim assholes like those that have silently invaded Europe and turned once beautiful cities into cesspools.

It's only birdbrain assholes that do not listen to the Mexicans that have THANKED TRUMP for his efforts to keep the lowlifes out....or to the moderate Muslims that AGREE WITH his efforts to keep radical Muslims out.

There is nothing racist about wanting to keep criminals and terrorists out of the country.

Let me just pull the direct Trump from quote, taken directly from his speech:

"When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

If you don't think that is racist...and that is his words...not mine...then I'm just going to have to assume you don't know what racism is. He's blatantly telling us that an entire nation is "not our friend" that they are "not sending their best"...he's not specifically referring just to illegal immigrants here...he's referring to all Mexican immigrants...trying to backtrack (as he's done several times) to just a specific portion of that is misrepresenting the exact language that he, himself, spoke. If you would stop listening to your biased sources that religiously look for reasons to support Trump...instead of a more moderated voice that simply examines him as is...then you would quickly find his rhetoric is easily looked upon a racist, fear mongering, and scape goating specific groups of people (here I'm focusing more on the Mexican people specifically, the Muslim debate is a bit more involved as he actually has some points there, as I've stated, and would be a larger discussion than I really have the time to sit down and entertain).

Edit: Trump is so hated by the Mexican people that they have literally burned an effigy of him. Trying to make some absurd point that he is loved, comes off as inane to the point of potentially having a mental health issue.

Mexicans celebrate holiday by burning Trump in effigy

On this. . . .

he's not specifically referring just to illegal immigrants here...he's referring to all Mexican immigrants

We're just going to have to disagree.

You have seen this over and over in your MSM taken out of context. That speech was SPECIFICALLY about illegal immigration.

If you want to make it racist and about all of Mexicans, GO AHEAD, be led around the the MSM. LET them do your thinking for you. I'm not going to.

lie-enough-politics.jpg

And for the FUCKING record, I'm not a Trump supporter. I have no dog in this fight. I don't care. Trump, Clinton? Not a dimes worth of difference between the two as far as I'm concerned. Just the Deep State playing you for a fool.

And you let them.

Fine. I'm not going to equivocate here. You're probably right, it's repugnant. What does it tell us about what is in his heart and soul? Obama did the same thing though. That doesn't mean I think he finds Biden to be lick spittle. Yet I have seen how he and Holder have courted the NBPP and Shabazz. Shabazz was responsible for the shit that went down in Baltimore and Ferguson. It's disgusting how folks don't use their heads and see through the divide and conquer bullshit that the CFR plays out on the TV. They should just shut that shit off.

How many Blacks do you think voted for Romney or McCann?

Let's get real. Trump is no worse than Obama. He is the white version, that is all.

You might very well be right.

If you could tell me what he stands to gain though, I'd appreciate that.

I never really thought that Romney wanted to be president either. Yet, I figured out what he stood to gain by losing. He gained a shit load. Bain capitol, which is he a primary holder, owns Clear Channel. Clear Channel's business stood to sky rocket and continue doing quite well should he lose. Thus, he would profit much more by losing than he would be by winning, financially that is.

How does Trump, a deal maker and business man, gain by losing? Is it just brand promotion? Because a lot of Republicans aren't going to like his brand if they think he was in it to lose by just promote himself.

Fine. I'm not going to equivocate here. You're probably right, it's repugnant. What does it tell us about what is in his heart and soul? Obama did the same thing though. That doesn't mean I think he finds Biden to be lick spittle. Yet I have seen how he and Holder have courted the NBPP and Shabazz. Shabazz was responsible for the shit that went down in Baltimore and Ferguson. It's disgusting how folks don't use their heads and see through the divide and conquer bullshit that the CFR plays out on the TV. They should just shut that shit off.

Let's get real. Trump is no worse than Obama. He is the white version, that is all.

I don't think you can argue that something very wrong did not happen in Baltimore, or the that Ferguson PD is not troubled with racism. Te DOJ did not recommend any charges against the white cop in Ferguson, however. My suspicion is Brown did threaten the cop, who btw was not really a much smaller man than Brown, but if you mess with the badge, bad shite happens.

I also don't think you can argue that the sentencing guidelines of the 90s are, and were not wrong. Blacks supported them at the time, and no one in the Obama admin is saying Slick was racist.

I think Holder should have put as much emphasis in jailing some bankers as he did civil rights abuses. However, I don't see Obama, for all his faults, pandering to blacks. I think he's gone out of his way to NOT do that. In his final term, though, I think he's more outspoken. He's a black man. The birther shit was racist inspired and led by Drumpf. The racists made fun of his wife, who is a nice looking person. He should be mad as hell.

I'm not sure Hillary is feeling friendly anymore. LOL She needs a nickname for him. I've been fond of "the big quack." "Floating Donald" might fit, given how he floats a policy and then immediately flops totally opposite.

I think the reason he does that is he isn't a policy wonk. In all honesty, I think he knows less about this shit than a lot of the members here on USMB. "If Trump had been a member here on USMB for a few years, he probably would have been more ready for this job than he currently is." And you can quote me on that. :lmao:

I don't think you can argue that something very wrong did not happen in Baltimore, or the that Ferguson PD is not troubled with racism. Te DOJ did not recommend any charges against the white cop in Ferguson, however. My suspicion is Brown did threaten the cop, who btw was not really a much smaller man than Brown, but if you mess with the badge, bad shite happens.

I also don't think you can argue that the sentencing guidelines of the 90s are, and were not wrong. Blacks supported them at the time, and no one in the Obama admin is saying Slick was racist.

I think Holder should have put as much emphasis in jailing some bankers as he did civil rights abuses. However, I don't see Obama, for all his faults, pandering to blacks. I think he's gone out of his way to NOT do that. In his final term, though, I think he's more outspoken. He's a black man. The birther shit was racist inspired and led by Drumpf. The racists made fun of his wife, who is a nice looking person. He should be mad as hell.

I agree with all of that.

That's NOT what I am talking about though.

The black community in both of those instances were peacefully protesting.

That is, until the Deep State and it's agents via the NBPP alla Malik Shabazz via Obama, starting the rioting. In politics it's what known as agent provocateurs. These are the same folks that were brought up on charges for voter intimidation before the election of '08 to get Obama re-elected. Holder dropped the charges. (cough cough, corruption.)

I have nothing wrong with protesting, or civil rights and civil liberties. It's absolutely wonderful.

That said, I see the hypocrisy of our society accepting and giving a pass to the black nationalists, but getting it's panties all in a twist over the activities of the white nationalists. Shall we condemn both, or accept both. If I had my way we would condemn both.

But for the last decade we have giving a free pass to black nationalism. So what is the deal now? ARE WE TRYING TO START A RACE WAR???? IS THAT WHAT THE ELITES WANT? Are we just going to roll over and accept hate?

tumblr_lbhigtooIm1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

215yc2_2.gif

I never really thought that Romney wanted to be president either. Yet, I figured out what he stood to gain by losing. He gained a shit load. Bain capitol, which is he a primary holder, owns Clear Channel. Clear Channel's business stood to sky rocket and continue doing quite well should he lose. Thus, he would profit much more by losing than he would be by winning, financially that is.

How does Trump, a deal maker and business man, gain by losing? Is it just brand promotion? Because a lot of Republicans aren't going to like his brand if they think he was in it to lose by just promote himself.

He's also a publicity hog. He loves the limelight and he craves stature, deserved or not .. and like Romney, Trump gains by losing. He's never liked the Republican Party anyway .. he's not really a republican. What he is, as a wise poster here said earlier .. he's a huckster.

This is Trumps 15 minutes of fame, and no doubt he intends to profit from his loss.

Look at it this way .. if you were really running for president, would you purposefully go out of your way to offend as many American voters as he does? Would you offend allies and global partners even before you took a step into the Oval office? Would you offend England and Israel?

Would you energize Hispanic voters by calling them rapists and murderers? Would you say Black voters commit 81% of white murders?

Would you actively court white supremacists and knuckle-dragging racists .. knowing they are an unwelcome and rejected part of American society?

Nobody does that in modern society. Trump said it best, "This is all an act." .. And guess what, many republican insiders know this is all an act. Ask Jeb Bush.

Trump is the most glaring and telling statement on the gullibility and ignorance of the American people since 9/11.

Trump reminds me of cards, so in that line, I think "The Fool" suits (pun intended) quite nicely. You have to be in to esoteric-ism to get the real meaning though.

330px-Excuse.png
330px-Giotto-_The_Seven_Vices_-_Foolishness.JPG
330px-Visconti-fool.jpg
330px-RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fool_(Tarot_card)#As_excuse

He's also a publicity hog. He loves the limelight and he craves stature, deserved or not .. and like Romney, Trump gains by losing. He's never liked the Republican Party anyway .. he's not really a republican. What he is, as a wise poster here said earlier .. he's a huckster.

This is Trumps 15 minutes of fame, and no doubt he intends to profit from his loss.

Look at it this way .. if you were really running for president, would you purposefully go out of your way to offend as many American voters as he does? Would you offend allies and global partners even before you took a step into the Oval office? Would you offend England and Israel?

Would you energize Hispanic voters by calling them rapists and murderers? Would you say Black voters commit 81% of white murders?

Would you actively court white supremacists and knuckle-dragging racists .. knowing they are an unwelcome and rejected part of American society?

Nobody does that in modern society. Trump said it best, "This is all an act." .. And guess what, many republican insiders know this is all an act. Ask Jeb Bush.

Trump is the most glaring and telling statement on the gullibility and ignorance of the American people since 9/11.

So he is "The Fool?" :lol:

So he is "The Fool?" :lol:

The Fool exemplifies all the clowns who believe in his illusion.

The Trump card is more PT Barnum.

lecture-p-t-barnum-and-ralph-waldo-emerson-432x0-c-default.jpg

PT-Barnum-edited.png

What you 'jump to conclusion' people fail to see is that Trump never meant ALL Mexicans are bad people, just as he never meant ALL Muslims are bad people in his idea to temporarily ban Muslim immigrants from entry. He wants the wall to keep out all but those Mexicans that can be vetted to show that they are not criminals. He wants to temporarily ban all Muslims in order to filter out the goddamned terrorists disguising themselves as refugees from oppression.

The wall will have doors through which people in Mexico can enter LEGALLY into the US. The ban on Muslim entry is temporary and intended only to protect US citizens from an onslaught of Muslim assholes like those that have silently invaded Europe and turned once beautiful cities into cesspools.

It's only birdbrain assholes that do not listen to the Mexicans that have THANKED TRUMP for his efforts to keep the lowlifes out....or to the moderate Muslims that AGREE WITH his efforts to keep radical Muslims out.

There is nothing racist about wanting to keep criminals and terrorists out of the country.

Let me just pull the direct Trump from quote, taken directly from his speech:

"When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

If you don't think that is racist...and that is his words...not mine...then I'm just going to have to assume you don't know what racism is. He's blatantly telling us that an entire nation is "not our friend" that they are "not sending their best"...he's not specifically referring just to illegal immigrants here...he's referring to all Mexican immigrants...trying to backtrack (as he's done several times) to just a specific portion of that is misrepresenting the exact language that he, himself, spoke. If you would stop listening to your biased sources that religiously look for reasons to support Trump...instead of a more moderated voice that simply examines him as is...then you would quickly find his rhetoric is easily looked upon a racist, fear mongering, and scape goating specific groups of people (here I'm focusing more on the Mexican people specifically, the Muslim debate is a bit more involved as he actually has some points there, as I've stated, and would be a larger discussion than I really have the time to sit down and entertain).

Edit: Trump is so hated by the Mexican people that they have literally burned an effigy of him. Trying to make some absurd point that he is loved, comes off as inane to the point of potentially having a mental health issue.

Mexicans celebrate holiday by burning Trump in effigy

On this. . . .

he's not specifically referring just to illegal immigrants here...he's referring to all Mexican immigrants

We're just going to have to disagree.

You have seen this over and over in your MSM taken out of context. That speech was SPECIFICALLY about illegal immigration.

If you want to make it racist and about all of Mexicans, GO AHEAD, be led around the the MSM. LET them do your thinking for you. I'm not going to.

lie-enough-politics.jpg

And for the FUCKING record, I'm not a Trump supporter. I have no dog in this fight. I don't care. Trump, Clinton? Not a dimes worth of difference between the two as far as I'm concerned. Just the Deep State playing you for a fool.

And you let them.

I pulled a direct quote. I'll even link you his entire speech. Now, maybe I'm wrong. If so please highlight the portion where he specifically refers to illegal Mexican immigrants as being the rapists bringing crime. I'm not perfect and I may have missed it...I am not taking the media's words for this (although I am linking the transcript from there, I also watched a video and verified that, at least in the part I've referred to, those are his EXACT words). As it is, this unedited transcript clearly looks to show him referring to a much broader portion of the Mexican population than simply "illegal immigrants". Now, when he came under fire for his remarks he backtracked. I won't deny that. Unfortunately, the words he originally spoke are still out there, and taken in the original context he spoke them, clearly seem to indicate scape goating and racism.

Here's Donald Trump's Presidential Announcement Speech

Name calling, smears and dirt is all the Democrat party has. I don't think they've had a new strategy in my 45 years of voting.

They aren't selling what the majority of the people want. so Dirty lowdown politics is all they ever do.

With Obama it was the worst I've ever seen: with their attacks against a Woman Governor and even her children. how anyone can support such a party is beyond me

.. as is intelligence .. beyond you
what a jerkoff. go diddle yourself freaking snob

Forum List

Back