So people who earn a million a year pay a lower tax rate than the middle class

Wait a minute Comrade; the big lie that your rulers have you spewing is "NO FAIR, THE RICH PAY LESS PERCENT IN TOTAL TAXES."

Since most of those taxes are fixed or capped, then it is the same situation. Social Security, which you of the left have claimed for decades is a government managed retirement plan, and not a tax, is fixed at $106K, due to that being the max for benefit payout.

So if the logic (sorry, I know that isn't something you are comfortable with) is that all should pay the same percentage of income to government, regardless of other factors, then why would you not demand that all pay the same percentage of income for a burger?

Q: "Why should earned income be taxed at a higher rate than market income?"
is

This nation was founded by men who sought a just and equitable system of government. One thing they recognized is that direct taxation is immoral, thus we prohibited it in the constitution.

The answer is, neither earned nor investment income should be taxed at all. The concept of taking from the earnings of others is theft. Taxation must be conducted on transactions and completely blind; or fraud and favoritism will be engaged in.

Obama is manipulating the stupid, by leveraging the greed and envy inherent in human nature. He fans your greed and envy, creating hatred, which he uses to gain fanatical support from the low brow fodder that make for his followers.

A: "Obama is a Communist"

You truly are a moron, do you know that?

If I were a moron, I would support Obama.

True stats but that isn't the movie. Sure, there are a bunch that earn 1 million plus but the diversions are incredible. The majority earning that kind of money are self employed.
I deducted 30 grand a year for my "office", a fifth bedroom in my house with a print-fax and computer.
Car payments-insurance too. Lawn service too. Tree trimming too.Resurfacing the driveway. New motor and repaint the entrance gate. Trips to Japan, IsNtReal, South Africa and a few places in the m-pyre too.Advertizing, client "meetings" etc etc. In other words things I would have done whether they were deductible or not. In summary. I didn't pay shit, really. At least not compared to some guy making 200K at a company.

Not now. There's no way I'd be deducting items if they didn't pertain to my company.
I prefer staying off the IRS radar.

Bam Bam is spouting off again about people who earn a million a year not paying the same percentage as the so called middle class.

Well guess what he's wrong again.

A single filer making 1 million a year would pay in $323,935 or 32.39% of his income.

A single filer earning 50K a year would pay in $8600 or 17.2% of his income.

So you see folks people who make more pay a higher percentage of their income so it's the rest of you who aren't paying their "fair share"

Your figures in no way take into account the various forms of income.

Do you mean like capital gains? Capital gains is a various form of incoem....Money that has already been taxed and reinvested and then taxed again......and, if Obama has his way, capital gains will not only be taxed again as they currently are at 15%, but, more than 50% more?

If you buy a stock and sell it a year later for a long term capital gain, when was that gain ever taxed?

I heard Obama yesterday wanting the fair share to be paid. But, 47% of America pays no income tax...how is this their fair share?

Gee yesterday Jarhead told me it was only a few rightwing lunatics on this board who complained about the poor/lower income Americans paying no income tax.

By the looks of your post and your thank-you's, that's a much bigger number than he thought.

$0 in Federal Income Tax

In 2009, 1,470 millionaires paid $0 in federal income tax.

Ohmygawd...

Maybe that was because they had zero in earned income.

Stupidfuck.

Meanwhile, millions of middle class families paid their fair share in taxes—funding things like education, our military, and health care for seniors.
The Buffett Rule | The White House

Obama is a stupidfuck too.

$0 in Federal Income Tax

Ohmygawd...

Stupidfuck.

Meanwhile, millions of middle class families paid their fair share in taxes—funding things like education, our military, and health care for seniors.

Eerily, they don't mention the back taxes that Buffet owes either.

$0 in Federal Income Tax

Ohmygawd...

Stupidfuck.

Eerily, they don't mention the back taxes that Buffet owes either.

To the tune of what? $1BN? (And I understand he's contesting it).

Yes....capital gains.

Where Paris Hilton pays 15% on the money her inherited wealth brings her for snorting coke and blowing eurotrash, while someone who goes to work for 40 years as a nurse, day in day out, year in year out, busting her ass gets taxes at TWICE that rate.
Yup...nothing says "the US rewards merit and hard work" to that nurse like being taxed at twice the rate as some spoiled cumbucket who has never had to lift a finger for anything.

Someone in the Hilton family worked very hard to amass their wealth to say other wise is idiocy.

And very few people actually pay 30% of their income in federal income taxes a nurse most certainly does not. But let's not have facts get in the way of your opinions.

MORONS...I'm talking about ALL TAXES PAID. Let me know when ALL the taxes I have to pay are income taxes, willya? Fucking christ! Are you guys really this desperate that you have to only take a SMALL PORTION of the eint

You're saying that because someone's ANCESTORS worked hard, that means they shouldn't have to pay as much in taxes on income they don't have to labor for? And less than someone who is WORKING to amass their fortune?

I guess you missed that part in our Constitution that says all men are created EQUAL?

Holy shit...the pretzels you people twist yourselves into to try and make your ideology not fall over makes me laugh.

Capital gains isn't considered earned income. It's in a different category.

The distinction won't be removed anytime soon so why don't you take advantage of it?

$0 in Federal Income Tax

In 2009, 1,470 millionaires paid $0 in federal income tax. Meanwhile, millions of middle class families paid their fair share in taxes—funding things like education, our military, and health care for seniors.

If they had no income why should they pay income taxes?

It is possible for a wealthy person not to have income for an extended time.

Depends on the type of income. Like Mr. 1% (Mittens), if that million was from capital gains then the % changes.

That's the Real Story.

What percentage of income earners does our glorious ruler, Obama fall into?

What about Oprah, who created Dear Leader?

They aren't in the evil 1%, are they Comrade?

Why do you think the 1% are evil?

If they had capital gains I think that income should be taxed as income too. No special treatment for either O's.

Is that hard to comprehend?

Depends on the type of income. Like Mr. 1% (Mittens), if that million was from capital gains then the % changes.

That's the Real Story.

What percentage of income earners does our glorious ruler, Obama fall into?

What about Oprah, who created Dear Leader?

They aren't in the evil 1%, are they Comrade?

Why do you think the 1% are evil?

If they had capital gains I think that income should be taxed as income too. No special treatment for either O's.

Is that hard to comprehend?

All income should be taxed at the capital gains rate. 15% no deductions no exemptions no loopholes.

Not only would more tax be collected but cutting the size of the IRS would result in a huge savings.

Why wouldn't anyone want a tax form that looked like this:

Enter your total income on line 1. 1)_______________

Multiply line 1 by .15 and enter it on line 2. 2) _______________

This is what you owe.

Simple right?

Last edited:
This argument is just rediculous. Republicans bankrupted our government, and a lot of people think on purpose so the could kill social security and medicare, but regardless, now they want the poor and middle class to pay for it? Or they don't want to chip in? Union members needed to "share in the sacrafice". And Police have to pay more for their healthcare because rich people want more tax breaks. The gap between the rich and poor has never been bigger. We're doing worse and they are doing better than ever. But even still they want to argue why they should even less taxes? Hell no. The economy needs it. And that's the way it has always been. But they want to change the rules of the game now? No way. Now government can't even help keep the cost of college down. Soon only the rich kids will be able to afford college. Is this the way Republicans want it to be? Seems like it.

But instead the rich say we should pay. Or they suggest that they already pay too much. Clearly not enough. They want the government to fight their wars, educate their workforce and pave their highways so their trucks can tear up our roads.

People who make $30K pay way too much in taxes. People who make $100K pay too much in taxes too. People who make over $1million a year are not paying their fair share. Roll back the Bush tax cuts on anyone who makes over $1million a year. That won't affect a lot of people and will go a long way. And they won't miss it. Bush's tax breaks were a mistake.

Americans will work 107 days into the year, from January 1 to April 17, to earn enough money to pay this year’s combined 29.2% federal, state, and local tax bill.

Forum List

Back