So people who earn a million a year pay a lower tax rate than the middle class

The CONZ here only calculate using the INCOME tax. Is INCOME tax the ONLY tax you pay?

Holy crap. Why not factor in PAYROLL taxes into that little equation? Hmmm?
Or don't I have to fucking pay that, you shitheads?

What about state taxes and local taxes? They make quite a hit on small incomes...not so much on larger ones.

Why let's see if anyone has done any research into this, shall we?
Who has a TOTAL LOWER OR HIGHER TAX rate?

OK...you conservatives have a valid point on income taxes, but COMPLETELY MISS THE PICTURE when it comes to how life works IN THE REAL WORLD.

Nope, I understand completely. Those people that don't "earn" that income invest it and make some money, it's called capital gains. The Divider-in-Chief never mentions that, he's not telling the whole truth is he?? He thinks we're too dumb to figure out he's flat out lying, but hey what's a little white lie if he gets reelected??

Yes....capital gains.

Where Paris Hilton pays 15% on the money her inherited wealth brings her for snorting coke and blowing eurotrash, while someone who goes to work for 40 years as a nurse, day in day out, year in year out, busting her ass gets taxes at TWICE that rate.
Yup...nothing says "the US rewards merit and hard work" to that nurse like being taxed at twice the rate as some spoiled cumbucket who has never had to lift a finger for anything.

Someone in the Hilton family worked very hard to amass their wealth to say other wise is idiocy.

And very few people actually pay 30% of their income in federal income taxes a nurse most certainly does not. But let's not have facts get in the way of your opinions.

The CONZ here only calculate using the INCOME tax. Is INCOME tax the ONLY tax you pay?

Holy crap. Why not factor in PAYROLL taxes into that little equation? Hmmm?
Or don't I have to fucking pay that, you shitheads?

What about state taxes and local taxes? They make quite a hit on small incomes...not so much on larger ones.

Why let's see if anyone has done any research into this, shall we?
Who has a TOTAL LOWER OR HIGHER TAX rate?

OK...you conservatives have a valid point on income taxes, but COMPLETELY MISS THE PICTURE when it comes to how life works IN THE REAL WORLD.

Nope, I understand completely. Those people that don't "earn" that income invest it and make some money, it's called capital gains. The Divider-in-Chief never mentions that, he's not telling the whole truth is he?? He thinks we're too dumb to figure out he's flat out lying, but hey what's a little white lie if he gets reelected??

Yes....capital gains.

Where Paris Hilton pays 15% on the money her inherited wealth brings her for snorting coke and blowing eurotrash, while someone who goes to work for 40 years as a nurse, day in day out, year in year out, busting her ass gets taxes at TWICE that rate.
Yup...nothing says "the US rewards merit and hard work" to that nurse like being taxed at twice the rate as some spoiled cumbucket who has never had to lift a finger for anything.

So you understand the difference in "earned income" and capital gains, right. Why don't you stop what you're doing and send an email to the White House so Obamavider understands it better. Maybe he'll quit spewing his half truths to the American people.

Interesting, that's what the wealthiest Americans want. I wonder why?

Obama and the little Goebbels of MSDNC claim that the "rich" pay less in taxes than the poor. If that were true, why would they want a flat tax that had them pay the same as everyone else?

Are you calling Obama a liar, or have you just not thought these particular hating points through?

Bam Bam is spouting off again about people who earn a million a year not paying the same percentage as the so called middle class.

Well guess what he's wrong again.

A single filer making 1 million a year would pay in $323,935 or 32.39% of his income.

A single filer earning 50K a year would pay in $8600 or 17.2% of his income.

So you see folks people who make more pay a higher percentage of their income so it's the rest of you who aren't paying their "fair share"

Depends on the type of income. Like Mr. 1% (Mittens), if that million was from capital gains then the % changes.

That's the Real Story.

By the end of the day tomorrow (Friday the 13th!), approximately 3,000 individual 1040's will have passed my desk this year. Er, the computer screen on my desk. I review them.

There will some, maybe 50, in which the taxpayer's gross income is over $500,000 and their effective tax rate will be under 17%. Run with that little nugget as you will, but it's a fact.

Meanwhile - what's the highest rate you see someone pay who makes 500k a year? In other words - those folks earning almost all of their 500k as regular earned income - the ones that work their asses off instead of sitting back and letting the market do the work - what do they pay?

Someone whose adjusted gross income (after deductions and credits) is $500,000, married filing jointly, will pay $144,872 or 28.97%, in personal income taxes. BUT, if their gross income was actually $1,000,000 and their AGI was $500,000 their effective tax rate would be 14.49%.

Bam Bam is spouting off again about people who earn a million a year not paying the same percentage as the so called middle class.

Well guess what he's wrong again.

A single filer making 1 million a year would pay in $323,935 or 32.39% of his income.

A single filer earning 50K a year would pay in $8600 or 17.2% of his income.

So you see folks people who make more pay a higher percentage of their income so it's the rest of you who aren't paying their "fair share"

Depends on the type of income. Like Mr. 1% (Mittens), if that million was from capital gains then the % changes.

That's the Real Story.

Please, please tell the guy in the White House that, I don't think he understands. :lol:

I mean no offense but the GOP is counting on the majority of the country to have the same understanding of our tax system as you do.
You look at the rates and you say to yourself "Hey! Those Dems are full of crap! Why look! The Rich pay more!
This is simply not true - as it applies to a percentage of income. The turth is that middle class has paid the highest percentage of income in this country for quite some time.

You know what else, a higher percentage of the income of middle class Americans is spent on mortgage payments.

Not only that, a higher percentage of the income of middle class Americans is spent on fuel. The rich aren't even affected by $5 a gallon Obama gas.

Another outrage; a higher percentage of the income of middle class Americans is spent on food than by the rich. So not fair, why should the rich not have to pay their fair share for food?

You sure have it all figured out, Herr Engels...

Actually, the 2011 tax bracket for a person making $1 million is 35%.

But there are people who make $1 million who only pay 15%, and that is who Obama is talking about.

The part he is leaving out is that he is conflating income tax with capital gains tax.

If you invest in equities and hold them for less than a year, you are taxed at the income rate. If you hold them for more than a year and then sell them, you are taxed at the capital gains rate of 15%.

Basically, Obama is saying the capital gains tax should be raised for people who make more than a million bucks from their investments.

He never, ever phrases it that way, though. He's a populist and wants the rubes to believe he is talking about some CEO earning a million bucks in income and not paying his "fair share".

And while raising it sounds good to a liberal crowd (who think most rich people just sponge off of inheritances), it's a very bad idea.
I see so according to you rich people paying the same tax rates as poor people is a bad idea....
While there are some people who sponge off of an inheritance that gets taxed at the capital gains rate, guess what the capital gains rate would hurt the most if it was raised to near or above 32%? That's right, retirement savings. Retirement savings plans, such as traditional IRA accounts, would be almost destroyed by raising the capital gains rate to such an amount.
No because the tax only falls on the very rich. Nice attempt to lie though.
Here's the real question though. Obama must know this, he is not that ignorant. So then why would he do it? Is pandering to his ignorant constituents worth destroying people's retirement? Or are the conservatives right when they say Obama doesn't like people being independent of government assistance?
No hes just not pandering to ignorant idiots like you who think poor people should pay more taxes then millionaires.

Single making 66,000 or married making 179,000 is very rich now?

A single filer with $1,000,000 in long term capital gains will pay $150,000, or 15% of their income - a smaller share than the 50k earner - and a far smaller share than the 1000k earner who actually had to get up and go to work every day.

When you go into McDonalds and buy a Big Mac, they charge you $2.49 for it. When Mitt Romney goes into McDonals and buys a Big Mac, they only charge him $2.49. The percent of Mitt's income spent on that Big Mac is far less than the percentage of you SSI check.

I ask you comrade, is that fair? Shouldn't Mitt be charged thousands for the burger so that the percentage of his income spent is the same?

I can see why you wouldn't be miffed at the 50k earner paying a higher rate

Ohhh, big lie - very cool.

Of course they DON'T pay a higher rate, you're just lying for your party. Lying is a big part of being a leftist.

Have you ever heard of a 401K? What rate does the $50K earner pay on investment income from his 401K?

- after all, the right wing things its fair if the tax rate is higher for lower incomes and lower for high incomes.

But how can you justify taxing earned income at twice the rate of market income? Why should sweat be taxed more than luck? By your logic lotto winners shouldn't have to pay any tax at all on their winnings.

So, will the 2012 Obama slogan be "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need?"

Sure looks that way.

no one includes FICA in income taxes.

Obama's retard brigade does.

These Truthiness Squad Brown Shirts are total fucking morons.

One requirement to support Obama, one must be SERIOUSLY STUPID.

Obama is a community organizer, he sees people as votes, the more they depend on him the more votes he gets. He plays the game well, I have to give him credit for that.

Yea, well neither do Obama's. He truly thinks the American people are stupid.

Read the forum, his followers truly are stupid.

He never mentions capital gains taxes, does he?? Funny you give him a pass for not telling the whole truth yet you go after a poster that has done the same thing. Is skullpilot's information false?? Nope, it's just not complete. Neither is Obamavider's. ;)

Skull knows what he's talking about, the Obama Truthiness Squads don't. A couple of the retards were demanding FICA be included in income tax percentage. For two to be this stupid, it is clearly part of the hating points provided by their handlers. Obviously neither retard knows what FICA is, and is just typing what they are told to type.

No, Obama is basing his support on the truly stupid. Obama voters probably have an average IQ of about 85.

Yes....capital gains.

Someone in the Hilton family worked very hard to amass their wealth to say other wise is idiocy.

And very few people actually pay 30% of their income in federal income taxes a nurse most certainly does not. But let's not have facts get in the way of your opinions.

MORONS...I'm talking about ALL TAXES PAID. Let me know when ALL the taxes I have to pay are income taxes, willya? Fucking christ! Are you guys really this desperate that you have to only take a SMALL PORTION of the eint

You're saying that because someone's ANCESTORS worked hard, that means they shouldn't have to pay as much in taxes on income they don't have to labor for? And less than someone who is WORKING to amass their fortune?

I guess you missed that part in our Constitution that says all men are created EQUAL?

Holy shit...the pretzels you people twist yourselves into to try and make your ideology not fall over makes me laugh.

I have a friend that donates several million a year to a "charity". His bro in law is who runs it.

Doug, those donations you make to Al Qaeda aren't really charity.

My friend is on the board. It pays him several hundred grand in "consulting fees". If murkins only knew.
BTW. Sams has a 60 pack of beanie weenies on sale for $55. You get an extra %5 if'n you use that thar 21% kredit kard !

Don't you have a suicide vest to build?

A single filer with $1,000,000 in long term capital gains will pay $150,000, or 15% of their income - a smaller share than the 50k earner - and a far smaller share than the 1000k earner who actually had to get up and go to work every day.

When you go into McDonalds and buy a Big Mac, they charge you $2.49 for it. When Mitt Romney goes into McDonals and buys a Big Mac, they only charge him $2.49. The percent of Mitt's income spent on that Big Mac is far less than the percentage of you SSI check.

I ask you comrade, is that fair? Shouldn't Mitt be charged thousands for the burger so that the percentage of his income spent is the same?

No.
- after all, the right wing things its fair if the tax rate is higher for lower incomes and lower for high incomes.

But how can you justify taxing earned income at twice the rate of market income? Why should sweat be taxed more than luck? By your logic lotto winners shouldn't have to pay any tax at all on their winnings.

So, will the 2012 Obama slogan be "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need?"

Sure looks that way.
So your answer to the question:
Q: "Why should earned income be taxed at a higher rate than market income?"
is
A: "Obama is a Communist"

You truly are a moron, do you know that?

Last edited:
no one includes FICA in income taxes.

Oh, no, of course not. FICA, though it is a tax based on income, and hence, an income tax - is regressive. The effective FICA taxation rate decreases with higher income. Thus, to include it would be to make the right wing side not look so convincing - so we cannot consider it. Any facts that make your side not look so convincing just need to be disregarded, they complicate the matter.

Unless we want to bitch about the self-employment tax - then we can include FICA.

That's the Real Story.

What percentage of income earners does our glorious ruler, Obama fall into?

What about Oprah, who created Dear Leader?

They aren't in the evil 1%, are they Comrade?
Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax return, Romney’s estimated 2011 filing (Full text) - The Washington Post
The former Massachusetts governor had an effective tax rate of 13.9 percent in 2010, a rate that is lower than the 26 percent paid by President Obama and the 31.6 percent rate paid by Newt Gingrich.

Newt has to show up to work to make his money - so he gets taxed more.

Forum List

Back