So Ohio gets union rights back; What next? Layoffs or tax hikes?

This was about collective bargaining. What the fuck is wrong with collective bargaining?

What is the rights solution to bargaining with a corporation for benefits and wages? David and Goliath? There isnt strength in numbers?

Collective bargaining puts the employer at a serious disadvantage....and in this case, the results are states running out of money.

The best way to ensure equal ground is applying freedom of choice.

You dont like the contract the state offers?

Get another job. There will be plenty of people that will take your job and be pleased with what the state offers.

Sorry Jake..that won't fly. We live in a country with people with personal wealth of over 48 billion dollars. I can't imagine what one person does that is so valuable they have that much money. And if "collective bargaining" were that big a problem..we wouldn't have the extreme disparity in wealth we see today.

Interesting how you felt the need to snip out the rest of my post and simply put in the one sentence that fits your agenda.

Get over yourself. I did what I always do, and specifically quoted that portion to which I was replying. The rest of your post was of no interest to me because it demonstrated that you weren't understanding what I was saying in the first place.

It may be allowed in this forum, but it shows how disingenuous you feel you must be to support your position.

Disingenuous how? Because I like to be organized when I post? That's disingenuous? Because instead of responding to a rant that showed a complete misunderstanding of my comment, I simply tried to clarify what I was saying in the first place?

Why is that? Did you feel weak in your position when you read the rest of my post?

The only person I see feeling weak here is you. You've suddenly launched a tirade over less than five words. Why? It's all very simple, the people voted, got their way, and the politicians can all now shove it. That's my position. Why is that so hard to understand? I guess you're in such a blindly partisan mood everything you see must SOMEHOW be something to argue over. Jesus fuck, calm your ass down.

Pathetic defense of your childish debate tactics.

You made a claim.

I refuted it and showed you how I refuted it.

You ignored the refute....in essence...had no respopnse to my refute...

And you posted only one part of my post....the only part that didnt refute your post.

Such is a sign of weakness.....

So go on back to your "high road".....but you are quite transparent.

Government Unions are the problem,not the solution. Hopefully most Americans will come to see this at some point. They don't care about any other Americans but themselves. They have absolutely no problem screwing Taxpayers and bankrupting States. They really do believe that we the Taxpayers work for them. I can understand why Ohioans bought into the Union/Democrat PR Campaign but it was still a big mistake. Most other Ohio Citizens will suffer because of it. The Unions will get theirs but most others are screwed.

Which means unions can make threats to avoid discipline or termination of their members, aka, the lazy, spoiled moody workers who want 100K for doing a half ass job. Which means less productivity.

We had several hundred 'lazy, spoiled, moody workers' rush into the twin towers at 9/11.

Good to see you feel that way.

Hyperbole much?

Not hyperbole at all. A historical fact. These are the same people that you assholes are constantly denigrating. Even Romney screws up on this totally. His recent statements are going to cost the GOP much votes.

This was about collective bargaining. What the fuck is wrong with collective bargaining?

What is the rights solution to bargaining with a corporation for benefits and wages? David and Goliath? There isnt strength in numbers?

Collective bargaining puts the employer at a serious disadvantage....and in this case, the results are states running out of money.

Get another job. There will be plenty of people that will take your job and be pleased with what the state offers.

Sorry Jake..that won't fly. We live in a country with people with personal wealth of over 48 billion dollars. I can't imagine what one person does that is so valuable they have that much money. And if "collective bargaining" were that big a problem..we wouldn't have the extreme disparity in wealth we see today.

So are you saying the states are not stuggling financially?

Funny thing.......I seem to believe I heard they were.

Government Unions are the problem,not the solution. Hopefully most Americans will come to see this at some point. They don't care about any other Americans but themselves. They have absolutely no problem screwing Taxpayers and bankrupting States. They really do believe that we the Taxpayers work for them. I can understand why Ohioans bought into the Union/Democrat PR Campaign but it was still a big mistake. Most other Ohio Citizens will suffer because of it. The Unions will get theirs but most others are screwed.

Tax cuts for the uber wealthy are bankrupting states. They want the middle class to pay more for the services they utilize the most.

Heck..go to wall street. It's chock full of cops. And it was that way before OWS. There's no extra surcharge to financial corporations for all that police protection.

Yes..they sure are. Tax cuts, layoffs and offshoring did that.

We had several hundred 'lazy, spoiled, moody workers' rush into the twin towers at 9/11.

Hyperbole much?

Not hyperbole at all. A historical fact. These are the same people that you assholes are constantly denigrating. Even Romney screws up on this totally. His recent statements are going to cost the GOP much votes.

So you dont believe in the theory that unions, despite their intentions, tend to protect the laziest of the workers at the expense of the most dedicated?

Really?

NY is struggling.
I dont seem to recall any tax cut here in NY...can you cite an example of a tax cut here in NY where we not only pay 8.25 sales tax, an MTA tax, state income tax, city income tax, etc...

When did we receive a tax cut here in NY?

Hmmm?

So you are seriously against people joining together to get better wages or benefits? And your solution is go get a better job?

Who will have better jobs if everyone can drive down the wages? Why would they? Kindness?:lol:

Collective bargaining puts the employer at a serious disadvantage.

No it doesn't. Why do people insist on babbling on about "Oh, it's so unfair!" The union member isn't taking anything away from anyone simply bu pursuing their own success.

and in this case, the results are states running out of money.

Then the state government needs to do a better job. Blaming others is not the solution.

Everyone has freedom of choice. Nobody is forced the states to agree to anything. They made that decision on their own. If they are in trouble, it's their own fault. It's a consequence of their own decisions.

Get another job.

You make it sound like the state is being forced into things. You forget that the state has made its own decisions.

There will be plenty of people that will take your job and be pleased with what the state offers.

Then why aren't those people stepping up? Stop whining and wallowing in victimhood.

Hyperbole much?

Read my reply to Sallows post, then you can apologize for being such a fool.

You made a claim.

I refuted it and showed you how I refuted it.

Actually, no. I made a statement, you asked for clarification. And then went on to babble about something, as if you had already decided what that clarification was. All I did was attempt to clarify what I was really saying. Why the Hell are you on my balls, telling ME what I'm trying to say?

Last edited:
Public Unions continuing to rape Taxpayers will not help States balance their budgets. Ohioans voted on pure emotion based on prevailing media spin. They basically voted against their own best interests. Only the greedy Government Unions will benefit from this stuff.

Hyperbole much?

Two Thumbs is no asshole. I don't agree with him, but he's always a gentlemen and never insults anyone first.

And if this is the sort of behavior you don't like, don't engage in it.

Hyperbole much?

So you dont believe in the theory that unions, despite their intentions, tend to protect the laziest of the workers at the expense of the most dedicated?

Not one bit.

Really?

NY is struggling.
I dont seem to recall any tax cut here in NY...can you cite an example of a tax cut here in NY where we not only pay 8.25 sales tax, an MTA tax, state income tax, city income tax, etc...

When did we receive a tax cut here in NY?

Hmmm?

And that all came about because of Bush tax cuts and big layoffs.

Cuomo is basically going to sunset the Millionaire's tax. Where do you think they are going to make up the shortfall?

Collective bargaining puts the employer at a serious disadvantage.

No it doesn't. Why do people insist on babbling on about "Oh, it's so unfair!" The union member isn't taking anything away from anyone simply bu pursuing their own success.

and in this case, the results are states running out of money.

Then the state government needs to do a better job. Blaming others is not the solution.

Everyone has freedom of choice. Nobody is forced the states to agree to anything. They made that decision on their own. If they are in trouble, it's their own fault. It's a consequence of their own decisions.

Get another job.

You make it sound like the state is being forced into things. You forget that the state has made its own decisions.

There will be plenty of people that will take your job and be pleased with what the state offers.

Then why aren't those people stepping up? Stop whining and wallowing in victimhood.

your "orga9nzational skills" that you brag about make it too darn time consuming to respond..

So I will respond like this...

Your responses make statements without addressing the obviuous...making your responses not worthy of consideration.

For example you said this....

But for some reason you took out of the formula threats of strikes....putting the state into a position to give in to the few so the MASSES of whom they serve do not suffer.

You seem to believe the state is a private entity who can decide what is best for ITSELF with0out concern of who else it may affect.

So when the teachers union decides it wants to add in more benefits...the state has to decide....."do we say no and let them strike leaving kids without schooling, working parents forced to take days off to watch their kids"...or do we give in...

Such is what collective bargaining brings to the table with states.

Collective bargaining with the private secotr?

Got no issue with it whatseoeer...

With the states?

Big issue.

Hyperbole much?

Two Thumbs is no asshole. I don't agree with him, but he's always a gentlemen and never insults anyone first.

And if this is the sort of behavior you don't like, don't engage in it.

aww, you're going to make be blush. :redface:

Forum List

Back