So Ohio gets union rights back; What next? Layoffs or tax hikes?

The only math that really matters:

People - 1
Politicians - 0

Really?

So "people" refers to whom?

State Union members?

So now non state union members, in your book, dont count as people?

You are aware, of course, that this is ONLY an advantage to state union members....and it will be at the cost of the non union members.

What we just saw in Ohio was collective bargaining at its WORST.

They used union dues to flood the airwaves at a rate of 3-1.....and they got their way.

Most States are broke and are trying to balance their budgets. Public Unions have shown no effort to help. Their greed knows no bounds. They forgot they work for the Taxpayers a long time ago. The People of Ohio blew this one for sure.

well, it's their party. they either get layoffs, higher taxes, increased debt or all three. they chose a no win no win and why they did it is beyond me.

Most States are broke and are trying to balance their budgets. Public Unions have shown no effort to help.

Once again, you demonstrate your willingness to state fantasy totally devoid of any connection to fact.

All of the proposed budget cuts in both Ohio and Wisconsin were ALREADY AGREED TO by the public-employees unions BEFORE these union-busting measures were EVEN PROPOSED.

This is not about the state budget. This is about smashing the bargaining power of labor and ending the rights of working people.

So "people" refers to whom?

The people.

Interesting how you felt the need to snip out the rest of my post and simply put in the one sentence that fits your agenda.

It may be allowed in this forum, but it shows how disingenuous you feel you must be to support your position.

Why is that? Did you feel weak in your position when you read the rest of my post?

This was about collective bargaining. What the fuck is wrong with collective bargaining?

What is the rights solution to bargaining with a corporation for benefits and wages? David and Goliath? There isnt strength in numbers?

Yes lets get it so that everyone is down to $5 per hour. We already have a corporate plutocracy in this country. Might as well totally eliminate the middle class.

That seems to be the answer these days. Cut everyone's pay and then expect that the economy will improve because ten percent of the country is getting richer.

We'd all be a lot better off if we made less money.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Most States are broke and are trying to balance their budgets. Public Unions have shown no effort to help. Their greed knows no bounds. They forgot they work for the Taxpayers a long time ago. The People of Ohio blew this one for sure.

Most FAMILIES are broke and are trying to balance their budgets. CORPORATIONS have shown no effort to help. Their greed knows no bounds.

Fixed that for ya.

Most FAMILIES are broke and are trying to balance their budgets. CORPORATIONS have shown no effort to help. Their greed knows no bounds.

Fixed that for ya.

Hey! moronic FARTBLOSSOM,, it is against the rules to change another posters post. asswarp!

Hey! moronic FARTBLOSSOM,, it is against the rules to change another posters post. asswarp!

Guess it's a good thing I didn't attribute it to anyone.

Fixed that for ya.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Where does it say that?

Go ask the farmer in the Del! whydonchya?

I hope they lose their jobs. Unions are greedy mother fuckers who cares only about their selves. The only ones that I care about is the ones who should not be in unions in the first place Police, Nurses, and Firemen. If you work for the public you should not be allowed in a union just like the military!

The Public Unions/Democrats ran a well-funded & effective PR Campaign. Ohioans sympathized with them. But they did make a big mistake. Public Unions only care about themselves. They're gonna get theirs and that's all that matters to them. They will screw Ohio Taxpayers again. They can't help themselves. This will not end well for Ohioans.

Most States are broke and are trying to balance their budgets. Public Unions have shown no effort to help.

Once again, you demonstrate your willingness to state fantasy totally devoid of any connection to fact.

All of the proposed budget cuts in both Ohio and Wisconsin were ALREADY AGREED TO by the public-employees unions BEFORE these union-busting measures were EVEN PROPOSED.

This is not about the state budget. This is about smashing the bargaining power of labor and ending the rights of working people.

YOu ignored the reality of the situation.

All of those propeosed budget cuts were expenses originallyt forced n the states due to collective bargaining and the strong arm tactics associated with them.

As a reult, the states found themselves drowning financially.

So they not only wanted to eliminate those outrageous expenses that put them in that position, but they also wanted to eliminate the possibility of those outrageous costs being forced on them again in the future.

Do you have an issue with seeing "where things went wrong" and doing what is necessary to "make sure they dont happen again?"

This was about collective bargaining. What the fuck is wrong with collective bargaining?

What is the rights solution to bargaining with a corporation for benefits and wages? David and Goliath? There isnt strength in numbers?

Collective bargaining puts the employer at a serious disadvantage....and in this case, the results are states running out of money.

The best way to ensure equal ground is applying freedom of choice.

You dont like the contract the state offers?

Get another job. There will be plenty of people that will take your job and be pleased with what the state offers.

Interesting how you felt the need to snip out the rest of my post and simply put in the one sentence that fits your agenda.

Get over yourself. I did what I always do, and specifically quoted that portion to which I was replying. The rest of your post was of no interest to me because it demonstrated that you weren't understanding what I was saying in the first place.

It may be allowed in this forum, but it shows how disingenuous you feel you must be to support your position.

Disingenuous how? Because I like to be organized when I post? That's disingenuous? Because instead of responding to a rant that showed a complete misunderstanding of my comment, I simply tried to clarify what I was saying in the first place?

Why is that? Did you feel weak in your position when you read the rest of my post?

The only person I see feeling weak here is you. You've suddenly launched a tirade over less than five words. Why? It's all very simple, the people voted, got their way, and the politicians can all now shove it. That's my position. Why is that so hard to understand? I guess you're in such a blindly partisan mood everything you see must SOMEHOW be something to argue over. Jesus fuck, calm your ass down.

The Public Unions/Democrats ran a well-funded & effective PR Campaign. Ohioans sympathized with them. But they did make a big mistake. Public Unions only care about themselves. They're gonna get theirs and that's all that matters to them. They will screw Ohio Taxpayers again. They can't help themselves. This will not end well for Ohioans.

Elections have they consequences don't they? :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back