So just how responsible is Obama when it comes to government spending?

It needs to be known that Obama has made active efforts to reduce the deficit. For some reason, a good number of you didn't even know he tried (or you just pretend it isn't true). So, instead of assuming he is nothing but an empty suit, give him credit where credit is due.

The article below was a 4 trillion reduction plan by Obama that, of course, was blocked by congress:

Obama seeks $4 trillion in cuts; GOP assails call for tax hikes - CNN

3 trillion was proposed by Obama back in September:

Details on Obama's $3-trillion deficit-cutting plan - Politico Staff - POLITICO.com

It too, never went anywhere. Why Republicans get outraged about tax hikes is beyond me.

Fun fact: Obama's contribution was 3.8 trillion a year. However, half of that figure is an automatic response to the recession.

Another fun fact: There is a website set up by the Obama team that allows you to keep track of any government spending. I don't know the address unfortunately.

Oct.1, 2009, the day Obama's first budget went into effect the interest on the Reagan-Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. Unlike the debt the interest must be paid or we fall into default. Three times $450,000,000,000 equals $1.35 trillion. Kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to the Reagan-Bushes debt.

Another little annoying factoid. When contractors and various other U S employees are added for consideration in Iraq over 9,000 were killed and over 44,000 seriously wounded. Not only did Bush and god nearly bankrupt us they also brought a shitload of grief to hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Last edited:
LOL, all of 4 trillion over TEN YEARS.

then he turns around and ask for ANOTHER trillion..

but hey, he be RESPONSIBLE while asking..:lol:

Don't be stupid. Obviously it is going to take years to cut 4 trillion. Again, you people don't seem to realize how large of a number 4 trillion is.

yeah, and he's so NOBEL asking to cut 4 trillion.... by asking to RAISE taxes on the people to pay for it...

It needs to be known that Obama has made active efforts to reduce the deficit. For some reason, a good number of you didn't even know he tried (or you just pretend it isn't true). So, instead of assuming he is nothing but an empty suit, give him credit where credit is due.

The article below was a 4 trillion reduction plan by Obama that, of course, was blocked by congress:

Details on Obama's $3-trillion deficit-cutting plan - Politico Staff - POLITICO.com

It too, never went anywhere. Why Republicans get outraged about tax hikes is beyond me.

Fun fact: Obama's contribution was 3.8 trillion a year. However, half of that figure is an automatic response to the recession.

Another fun fact: There is a website set up by the Obama team that allows you to keep track of any government spending. I don't know the address unfortunately.

AWWWW he twied

Maybe we should give him a trophy.

36ad8b5c-1a41-4a07-8155-45bd3ed01e54.jpg

The only thing that tells me is that you don't have an argument against these facts.

You mean the fact that he failed to accomplish anything on debt reduction?

The only thing that tells me is that you don't have an argument against these facts.

You do realize that there are two other branches of government, right?

Leaders get things done even if they have to deal with other people.

Isn't that the whole point?

The guy is ineffectual as a leader. He can try all he wants and if you want to call that success that's OK but most of us measure success via actual accomplishments not merely trying.

LOL, all of 4 trillion over TEN YEARS.

then he turns around and ask for ANOTHER trillion..

but hey, he be RESPONSIBLE while asking..:lol:

Don't be stupid. Obviously it is going to take years to cut 4 trillion. Again, you people don't seem to realize how large of a number 4 trillion is.

yeah, and he's so NOBEL asking to cut 4 trillion.... by asking to RAISE taxes on the people to pay for it...

Yes, that's right. Everyone needs to put in their fair share. I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes if it meant getting us out of this mess. That is just part of being a citizen.

Yes, that's right. Everyone needs to put in their fair share. I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes if it meant getting us out of this mess. That is just part of being a citizen.

Define fair share

The guy is ineffectual as a leader. He can try all he wants and if you want to call that success that's OK but most of us measure success via actual accomplishments not merely trying.

You don't know what you are talking about. If congress never sees the bill, then it's never going to happen. In this case they did.

AWWWW he twied

Maybe we should give him a trophy.

36ad8b5c-1a41-4a07-8155-45bd3ed01e54.jpg

No.....just laughter.

You don't know what you are talking about. If congress never sees the bill, then it's never going to happen. In this case they did.

And he couldn't convince enough people to pass it could he?

well bravo for you...how bout you PAYING my share too..I'll respect ya for it... I swear..

well bravo for you...how bout you PAYING my share too..I'll respect ya for it... I swear..

Bump it up and hide it. I didn't think you guys would want to talk much about facts.

Oct.1, 2009, the day Obama's first budget went into effect the interest on the Reagan-Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. Unlike the debt the interest must be paid or we fall into default. Three times $450,000,000,000 equals $1.35 trillion. Kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to the Reagan-Bushes debt.

Last edited:

Yeah and you know why? It's because repubs would rather jump off a bridge than allow tax hikes on the wealthiest of Americans.

Yeah and you know why? It's because repubs would rather jump off a bridge than allow tax hikes on the wealthiest of Americans.

YAWN.

Dimwitcraps controlled the house and senate for the first half of his administration didn't they?

And once again you blame Obama's lack of leadership on someone else. If the guy can't convince people who don't agree with him to at least work with him then he is a complete failure as a politician and a leader.

After all, the work of a politician consists of nothing but convincing other people to agree with you.

They should be taxed at the same rate rich folks were taxed when we were paying off the second world war. We used to pay our debts. I was a Republican back then.

YAWN.

Dimwitcraps controlled the house and senate for the first half of his administration didn't they?

And once again you blame Obama's lack of leadership on someone else. If the guy can't convince people who don't agree with him to at least work with him then he is a complete failure as a politician and a leader.

After all, the work of a politician consists of nothing but convincing other people to agree with you.

Yeah, the democrats dragged their feet in the first two years, but that is no longer relevant. These proposals came a year after repubs took control of the House.

Not only that, but the bill was quite bi-partisan.

Reduce the deficit by taking more from people instead of cutting spending is fucking ignorant.

Only an utter moron would parrot this shit as good attempts to save the economy.

What is wrong with doing both exactly?

YAWN.

Yeah, the democrats dragged their feet in the first two years, but that is no longer relevant. These proposals came a year after repubs took control of the House.

Not only that, but the bill was quite bi-partisan.

So you're still saying Obama has not failed as a leader and politician?

If he can only get things done when everyone agrees with him, then he is NOT a leader.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Forum List

Back