So just how responsible is Obama when it comes to government spending?

The only thing that tells me is that you don't have an argument against these facts.

You mean the fact that he failed to accomplish anything on debt reduction?

You do realize that there are two other branches of government, right?
Right. 3 years in office. It's still Bush's fault and if that doesn't work then blame the Congress.
Is there nothing in the liberal play book that tells you people to take responsibility for anything?
Look, here is the death knell for Obama's re-election....Gas will be over $4 per gallon and stay that way through summer. People are going to be staying home instead of going on vacation. Groceries will become more expensive.
People will look at their dwindling family budgets then look for someone to blame.
Guess in which direction their anger will be directed?

Yeah and you know why? It's because repubs would rather jump off a bridge than allow tax hikes on the wealthiest of Americans.

YAWN.

Dimwitcraps controlled the house and senate for the first half of his administration didn't they?

And once again you blame Obama's lack of leadership on someone else. If the guy can't convince people who don't agree with him to at least work with him then he is a complete failure as a politician and a leader.

After all, the work of a politician consists of nothing but convincing other people to agree with you.

Yeah, the democrats dragged their feet in the first two years, but that is no longer relevant. These proposals came a year after repubs took control of the House.

Not only that, but the bill was quite bi-partisan.
Oh...Is this liberal ( LOL) logic?
It's ok to give the once democrat controlled Congress a hall pass for dragging it's feet, but you can leap back in time like Marty Mc Fly and blame Bush?
Cut the shit.
Your premise just got the boot.

What some of you hacks never mention or probably even think about is that the money borrowed in this administration is almost free. What is important is the interest rate at the time of the borrowing. Right now the prime rate is near zero. There has NEVER been a better time to borrow money. Check out the interest rates during the Bushes and Reagans administrations. But then you won't bother to because that doesn't fit into your dogma does it?

I wouldn't borrow ten bucks at 15% interest. The likely profit after paying it off would be very little. I would borrow a billion at 1 or 2 percent. THAT is good economic sense.

OH NO MR BILL. Not the end of the EIC. You know Repubs put the EIC in place to placate Dems so they might go along with the BIG tax breaks for the ultra wealthy.

And I might add that I could give a flying fuck less if the ultra rich are paying WAY more in income taxes. If some of you repubs think that is wrong, I suggest you pass the collection plate and send your favorite multi billioniare a check and a condolance card. Carry the water for the ultra rich and see what you get. Besides tired. Water is heavy.

Explain how making over $200k is ultra-rich.

That is what this is about. Raising taxes on anyone who makes over $200k.

Give a politician a new tax and sure as hell he'll abuse it.

CUT SPENDING FIRST!!!!!

You get nothing till you cut your spending.

What some of you hacks never mention or probably even think about is that the money borrowed in this administration is almost free. What is important is the interest rate at the time of the borrowing. Right now the prime rate is near zero. There has NEVER been a better time to borrow money. Check out the interest rates during the Bushes and Reagans administrations. But then you won't bother to because that doesn't fit into your dogma does it?

I wouldn't borrow ten bucks at 15% interest. The likely profit after paying it off would be very little. I would borrow a billion at 1 or 2 percent. THAT is good economic sense.

That is total BS. The interest paid on the debt for Jan was over $21 billion.

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

Really?

Obama has taxed enough to cover his spending spree?

Stop being such a fucking sheep.

No...taxes are at their lowest point in the last forty years and Obama has been trying to go back to the Clinton rates and the goddam useless Republicans won't let him. They made the mess and now they will stand in the waqy of any attempt to fix it.

Wrong. Obama is NOT trying to raise ALL taxes back to the blow job president's rates.

BTW what flavor Kool Aid in in the trough today?

Bullshit! One of the first things the Republicans bargained for(held hostage) was the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. That alone would have taken the rates back to Bill Clinton's rates........before George W. Bush cut taxes twice in 2001 and 2003. Now the expiration date is moved to 2013.

Tax rates are at the lowest they've been in forty years and the Republicans want to cut them more. Those nutty bastards never have cut spending a dime but they've cut taxes every chance they got. That's where the massive debt came from.

OH NO MR BILL. Not the end of the EIC. You know Repubs put the EIC in place to placate Dems so they might go along with the BIG tax breaks for the ultra wealthy.

And I might add that I could give a flying fuck less if the ultra rich are paying WAY more in income taxes. If some of you repubs think that is wrong, I suggest you pass the collection plate and send your favorite multi billioniare a check and a condolance card. Carry the water for the ultra rich and see what you get. Besides tired. Water is heavy.

Oh look... another winger who don't mind unequal treatment by government under law...

But I bet this person would scream if the shoe were on the other foot...

Typical

That is total BS. The interest paid on the debt for Jan was over $21 billion.

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

When was that money borrowed and at what interest rate?

No...taxes are at their lowest point in the last forty years and Obama has been trying to go back to the Clinton rates and the goddam useless Republicans won't let him. They made the mess and now they will stand in the waqy of any attempt to fix it.

Wrong. Obama is NOT trying to raise ALL taxes back to the blow job president's rates.

Bullshit! One of the first things the Republicans bargained for(held hostage) was the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. That alone would have taken the rates back to Bill Clinton's rates........before George W. Bush cut taxes twice in 2001 and 2003. Now the expiration date is moved to 2013.

Tax rates are at the lowest they've been in forty years and the Republicans want to cut them more. Those nutty bastards never have cut spending a dime but they've cut taxes every chance they got. That's where the massive debt came from.

And Obammy was quoted as saying he didn't want to raise ALL taxes back to Blow Job Bill's rates just those on the so called rich people who make 200K a year or more

The problem here is you can't admit that Bam Bam does not want to return taxes to the same levels that they were before Bush.

he wants to keep Bush's rates for some and raise them back to BJ BIll's rates for others.

It's a simple concept that you fail to grasp.

And not wanting to raise taxes is not the same as cutting them even more as you say.

And BTW who in congress is trying to cut taxes?

Stop looking to the other sheep for your bleating points and maybe you would see that.

Only about 1/5th of what's been added to the debt under the Obama administration is solely HIS agenda.

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling - James Fallows - Politics - The Atlantic

Spending as a pecentage of GDP is lower today than it was under REAGAN

us_spending_100.png

USGovernmentSpending.com Past Spending Briefing

I will now stand back and watch as CONZ heads explode from the cognitive dissonance.

And Obammy was quoted as saying he didn't want to raise ALL taxes back to Blow Job Bill's rates just those on the so called rich people who make 200K a year or more

The problem here is you can't admit that Bam Bam does not want to return taxes to the same levels that they were before Bush.

he wants to keep Bush's rates for some and raise them back to BJ BIll's rates for others.

And not wanting to raise taxes is not the same as cutting them even more as you say.

Stop looking to the other sheep for your bleating points and maybe you would see that.

It's easy to see where you get your (facts) and talking points. The only place in the world that goddam phucked up is Faux News. You sound like Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity.

Free? Are you on drugs, son?
Free huh? Ok, so you tell that to the currency exchanges when they sell the USD dollar due to declining value as a result of Obama's ridiculous spending and borrowing.
Free.....holy shit. Newsflash, there is no such thing as free..Everything has a cost. Everything.

Reduce the deficit by taking more from people instead of cutting spending is fucking ignorant.

Only an utter moron would parrot this shit as good attempts to save the economy.

Only a moron would look only at cutting. It needs to be both cutting and revenue generating.

A moron starts two unpaid for wars while cutting taxes AND mandating unpaid for Medicare Part D...that's a TRUE moron.

Leave it to a bunch of lefties to complicate a rather simple matter.
Look if government takes in a dollar and spends one dollar plus 25 cents, that is a deficit of 25 cents.
The following year the government expects to take in one dollar and 6 cents. Of course each department is guaranteed a 5% increase in their budget.
Because of base line budgeting, the government has no choice but to spend 5% more than it did the previous year. $1.25 x 0.05= 0.08 or $1.33...
So even if government "cut" spending, the only thing "cut" would be the increase in the budget. So the deficit would rise anyway.
In order to cut to the point where LESS money was spent than the year before, those departments would have to surrender their guaranteed increase AND the base expenditures would also have to be reduced. Because this is politically unpopular, the solution is to increase taxes to fund the "untouchables".....
It is time for government to face the reality that spending LESS is the only solution.
We the People are not interested in political games.

Thanks, Chris. Your chart clearly demonstrates Obama is running the highest deficit per GDP of any president sicne Roosevelt/Truman. And that was at least in good cause. This is just for bribery.

Reagan quadrupled the national debt because of low taxes for the wealthy. Seven of the eight years he got less than he asked for. The debt mess is Reagan and the Bushes fault.

Obama's deficits are bigger than Reagan's entire budget. And Congress passes budgets. Reagan made that plain when he dropped the budget on the podium.

Low taxes for the wealthy caused the entire thing. Bill Clinton raised taxes in 1993-94 and balanced the annual budget....actually bought back $450 billion of our debt. The entire thing was on track to pay off by 2012 and then George W. Bush cut taxes twice and the rest is history:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00
Ahh, the old debt vs deficit issue.
Nice try.

It's easy to see where you get your (facts) and talking points. The only place in the world that goddam phucked up is Faux News. You sound like Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity.

Sorry little sheep but I don't watch news on the idiot box.

I actually read newspapers and form my own opinions.

Tell what have I said that was wrong?

Obama does not want to roll back everyone's taxes to the rates they were under Wee Willy Clinton does he?

Explain how making over $200k is ultra-rich. DD

You first; explain how someone making 20 million a year is not ultra rich. Seeing as how I never mentioned a figure. Just rich and ultra rich. And 200k is not ultra rich. Just barely pretty rich. A million is a nice round number. Lets say rich is 1 million to 10 million yrly and ultra rich is 10 million yearly and up. Work for you?

And I like that part about "bet if the shoe was on the other foot" nonsense.

Because the shoe is not on the other foot. But if you got a few million you want to give me, I will try and accept and pay whatever fucking taxes have to be paid. I will even pay at the old tax rate from Bill Clintons day. And not whine even a little like the rest of you bitches.

You must be one of those "wanna be real rich" people. What, you buying real estate like the guy on Sunday tv. Bought gold at 1800. Gonna be a bazallioniare.

Oh look... another winger who don't mind unequal treatment by government under law...

You are correct. I do not care if the rich and ultra rich are taxed at a higher rate than they are presently. Matter of fact, they should be taxed more.
I do not think I can say it any more plainly.

You pick your millioniare out that you will be sending your check to when their rates do go up. You pick one of the Koch bros or you thinking Rush?

Explain how making over $200k is ultra-rich. DD

You first; explain how someone making 20 million a year is not ultra rich. Seeing as how I never mentioned a figure. Just rich and ultra rich. And 200k is not ultra rich. Just barely pretty rich. A million is a nice round number. Lets say rich is 1 million to 10 million yrly and ultra rich is 10 million yearly and up. Work for you?

And I like that part about "bet if the shoe was on the other foot" nonsense.

Because the shoe is not on the other foot. But if you got a few million you want to give me, I will try and accept and pay whatever fucking taxes have to be paid. I will even pay at the old tax rate from Bill Clintons day. And not whine even a little like the rest of you bitches.

You must be one of those "wanna be real rich" people. What, you buying real estate like the guy on Sunday tv. Bought gold at 1800. Gonna be a bazallioniare.

You are correct. I do not care if the rich and ultra rich are taxed at a higher rate than they are presently. Matter of fact, they should be taxed more.
I do not think I can say it any more plainly.

You pick your millioniare out that you will be sending your check to when their rates do go up. You pick one of the Koch bros or you thinking Rush?

do all you libs have a handbook of parrot talking points?
you all say the same dumb shit.

Forum List

Back