So, is the left denouncing Obama's "unlawful" war in Libya?

I thought it was Iran? either way, going into Syria would have had the same results as Iraq, alot of dead people on both sides, a corrupt government not recognized by the Syrian people and everyone saying it was an unjust war.

I basically agree. I'm basically isolationist. But if we HAD to attack somewhere, Iraq made about the least amount of sense.

No? Well then what is the problem with Iraq again? (Not that I am defending Iraq, I thought it was dumb, I think military action in Libya is dumb too). So...where are the left's cries for peace like in 2003?

Apparently, you failed to note the announcement by the Arab League and the vote in the UN to authorize a no fly zone and the necessary use of force to implement it. Did Bush have either of those kinds of international authorizations prior to invading Iraq?

Your fascist punk obama is a war monger liberal hypocrite.

No? Well then what is the problem with Iraq again? (Not that I am defending Iraq, I thought it was dumb, I think military action in Libya is dumb too). So...where are the left's cries for peace like in 2003?

I fucking hate pussy ass threads like this. First of all who cares what "the left" thinks about Labia? CutOffHisDickie is a fucking out and out terrorist that blew up a 747 over Lockerbee Scotland. Fuck him and his little band of terrorists. The OP in this thread is a fucking terrorist supporter and a fucking traitor.

Just saying......

That is all.

I fucking hate pussy ass threads like this. First of all who cares what "the left" thinks about Labia? CutOffHisDickie is a fucking out and out terrorist that blew up a 747 over Lockerbee Scotland. Fuck him and his little band of terrorists. The OP in this thread is a fucking terrorist supporter and a fucking traitor.

Just saying......

That is all.

Good point, I remember all those hordes of democrats marching in Washington demanding Bush attack Libya because of Lockerbee.

I agree, I don't give a fuck about Libya.

I do give a fuck about meddling in the middle east.

I do give a fuck about billions of your, my and other americans paychecks going to terrorists fighting in Libya.

However, Obama just like Bush, when oil is at stake is willing to warmonger with the best of them.

Where was the declaration of war for Iraq?

There hasn't been a Declaration of War since WWII.

Probably won't ever be one again.

And one isn't Required for every Use of the Military, but when one happens, there is a Constitutional Process in Declaring one.

Ultimately Congress Authorizes the Use of Military Forces, and the Constitution does NOT Limit that to Declarations of War.

Carry on.

:)

peace...

And one isn't Required for every Use of the Military, but when one happens, there is a Constitutional Process in Declaring one.

Ultimately Congress Authorizes the Use of Military Forces, and the Constitution does NOT Limit that to Declarations of War.

Carry on.

peace...

In other words, government gets around constitutional necessity by playing a word game.

Use of military force and war are the same thing of course, but one allows government to do what it desperately wants to do and that's get around that pesky annoying Constitution.

Carry on.

peace...

In other words, government gets around constitutional necessity by playing a word game.

Use of military force and war are the same thing of course, but one allows government to do what it desperately wants to do and that's get around that pesky annoying Constitution.

Quote the Constitutional Requirement for a Declaration of War when Employing Military Forces.

peace...

Carry on.

peace...

Quote the Constitutional Requirement for a Declaration of War when Employing Military Forces.

peace...

Again, you're playing the government word game, employing military forces is almost always the same as war.

Somehow here in 2011, we've convinced ourselves that launching billions of dollars worth of cruise missiles at Libyan's heads doesn't equal war.

Bush did consult congress following the War Powers Act. Obama opted for the United Nations, him believing it has more authority than the US Congress. See there is a difference. Although there hasn't been an official declaration of war since WWII. It is this exploitation of our foreign policy to fund endless, unaccountable military adventures around the world - doing more unintentional harm - that Eisenhower warned in his address to fear the military industrial complex:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY]YouTube - ‪Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex.‬‏[/ame]

Hell of a speech, should be required in public history classes.

peace...

Again, you're playing the government word game, employing military forces is almost always the same as war.

Somehow here in 2011, we've convinced ourselves that launching billions of dollars worth of cruise missiles at Libyan's heads doesn't equal war.

I asked you a Direct Question...

Where is the Requirement for a Declaration of War in the Constitution?

There is only a Delegation of Power for Declaring War and other Uses of the Military... It's listed, go read it again... Assuming you ever read it in the first place. :thup:

peace...

Bush did consult congress following the War Powers Act. Obama opted for the United Nations, him believing it has more authority than the US Congress. See there is a difference. Although there hasn't been an official declaration of war since WWII. It is this exploitation of our foreign policy to fund endless, unaccountable military adventures around the world - doing more unintentional harm - that Eisenhower warned in his address to fear the military industrial complex:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY]YouTube - ‪Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex.‬‏[/ame]

Hell of a speech, should be required in public history classes.

:clap2:

Fucking Distinctions... The Left has a Hard Time with those... And Facts.

Like what the Constitution does or doesn't say.

peace...

I started reading this thread, got about 4-5 pages in and saw the truthmatters bullshit arguments. What an idiot, no point in reading 30 pages of that bullshit. Would be a waste of precious my time and productivity, just like us being in libya.

Forum List

Back