How well does liberalism work in beloved liberal France?

Brutus

Feb 17, 2011
The Bureau of Economic Analysis released finalized 2009 per-capita income rankings this week showing Arkansas was 44th with a per-capita income of $32,423, the highest ranking the state has ever had in the 50 years since the federal government began keeping the statistics.

Arkansas' income is about equal to that of France

they get five weeks off as well?

Brutus: yes, they[the French] are lazy and have found 1001 reasons not to work. We invent things and they use them to have a decent standard of living. Without us they would be living in the stone age.
And all that is not to mention how we defend them.

Brutus: yes, they[the French] are lazy and have found 1001 reasons not to work. We invent things and they use them to have a decent standard of living. Without us they would be living in the stone age.

so
if your company offered you 5 weeks vacation you would REFUSE it on the grounds that only LAZY PEOPLE take vacations?

is THAT the prevailing conservative belief?

LIBERALISM is much more than $

liberalism is ;

accepting gays into society (which America is now doing)
accepting women and minotity in military leadership roles (which America is now doing)
accepting women and minorities in political roles (which America is now doing)
changing attitudes and morals with regards to sex, divorce, marriage (which America is now doing)
a better lifestyle for the average person (which America now has)
giving more time off for FAMILIES and vacations and holidays for the average worker (which America now has.....and I really don't know why the average conservative wants people to work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day, for peanuts......I mean...you tout family values and then you force people to work so much that they can never actually see their families....)
lessesning our draconian/facist laws against pot smokers (which is slowly beginning to happen)

America, in many ways, is a very liberal country and this liberalism has worked quite well

Last edited:

so
if your company offered you 5 weeks vacation you would REFUSE it on the grounds that only LAZY PEOPLE take vacations?

liberalism is ;

accepting women and minotity in military leadership roles (which America is now doing)
changing attitudes and morals with regards to sex, divorce, marriage (which America is now doing)
giving more time off for FAMILIES and vacations and holidays for the average worker (which America now has.....and I really don't know why the average conservative wants people to work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day, for peanuts......I mean...you tout family values and then you force people to work so much that they can never actually see their families....)
lessesning our draconian/facist laws against pot smokers (which is slowly beginning to happen)

America, in many ways, is a very liberal country and this liberalism has worked quite well

indeed..........and the country is flat broke due to liberal public policy on top of that!!!:lol::lol:

I guess thats a pretty good record!!!:clap2:

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

The Bureau of Economic Analysis released finalized 2009 per-capita income rankings this week showing Arkansas was 44th with a per-capita income of $32,423, the highest ranking the state has ever had in the 50 years since the federal government began keeping the statistics.

revere, is that you, you braindead troll?

How about we let the French decide how to live in their country, and we'll decide how we live in ours? Just an idea. Of course, they don't have our Constitution... and their 'liberals' once executed everyone who disagreed with them. Sometimes I get the impression from the left wing that they would quite like to do that here.

so

liberalism is ;

Kinda sounds like liberalism means a lot of forced rules and laws.

Yes.. take away my freedom to think for myself and force me to think your way or else..

How about we let the French decide how to live in their country, and we'll decide how we live in ours? Just an idea. Of course, they don't have our Constitution... and their 'liberals' once executed everyone who disagreed with them. Sometimes I get the impression from the left wing that they would quite like to do that here.
From a "let them eat cake" situation to ranking #1 in quality of life, not bad.

2010 Quality of Life Index: 194 Countries Ranked and Rated to Reveal the Best Places to Live – International Living - Since 1979

They fed em cake before they marched em to the guillotine. :eusa_whistle:

On the other hand, the French citizens--like unionized teachers--receive other "compensation"

On the other hand, the French citizens--like unionized teachers--receive other "compensation"

Yup.. and don't try to take it away with good reason...they riot, destroy buildings, cost other taxpayers millions in clean-up and restoration.

All that extra money we earn goes to healthcare, transportation, and if your going to college, education. If you added up their payment in the form of public goods and leisure, they would be better paid. Plus GDP has nothing to do with quality of life. It has to do with how well they live their lives, health, and many other factors.

2010 Quality of Life Index: 194 Countries Ranked and Rated to Reveal the Best Places to Live – International Living - Since 1979

Move to France.

Move to France.

a stupid response

to be expected, I guess

rather sad that you reveal yourself to be a rather ignorant and hatefilled person

well, perhaps, someday, when you grow out of your early teens, you just might mature
----------------------------------------------

every citizen

and every like minded group of citizens
has a right to try and shape America to their own vision

right wing evangelical conservative christians have that right

and sane and rational moderates have that right

and relatively sane and rational liberals have that right

and deranged hatefilled conservatives who can't think straight but believe they are independents have that right

responding with; move to france is a very ignorant response

France has almost identical productivity to the US. They have lower incomes because they work less.

Oh, and the economy of France weathered the recession better than the US.

Teens have always had a high unemployment rate in France. From 2011:

"The unemployment rate in France has remained static at 9.7 percent but has risen among young people in the third quarter. Nearly one in four (24.2 percent) French 15 to 24 year olds are out of work, well above the eurozone average of 20 percent.

The latest unencouraging figures come after a recent poll that suggests nearly two thirds of people in France rate unemployment as the government’s top priority."

France digests glum employment data | euronews, economy

France has almost identical productivity to the US. They have lower incomes because they work less.

Oh, and the economy of France weathered the recession better than the US.

Well.. this helped them out..

-----------------

In the largest government rescue, the Federal Reserve bore the entire $70 billion risk of pumping capital into the failing insurance giant AIG in September of 2008. And yet banks in France and Germany were among the greatest beneficiaries of AIG's rescue, the government watchdog found.

"The U.S. share of this single rescue exceeded the size of France's entire $35 billion capital injection program and was nearly half the size of Germany's $133 billion program," the Congressional Oversight Panel reported.

Of the 87 banks and financial institutions that benefited indirectly from government assistance provided to AIG, 43 were foreign, according to the report.

Bank Bailouts Went Overseas - Why Bank Bailouts Went Overseas

Forum List

Back