So if God didn't create evil, why does God allow evil to exist?

God made evil. Nice guy.
God didn't create evil.
Everything God created is good.
Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.
Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
God made cold and darkness as well. Shit doesn’t make itself.

No one really knows...

Maybe because he is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe good has no meaning if one is forced to be good.

Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to make a one sided coin.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

Or maybe he wants us to love him for who he is and not what he can do for us.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.
God didn't create evil? Wtf.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

God made evil. Nice guy.
God didn't create evil.
Nope. Cold and darkness are not extant either. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light.

God made evil. Nice guy.
God didn't create evil.
Nope. Cold and darkness are not extant either. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light.
They didn’t make themselves.

God made evil. Nice guy.
God didn't create evil.
They teach these concepts in high school. :lol:

Mr. Science says that the temperature of an object is the measure of the heat energy that it contains. More energy equals a higher temperature; less energy equals a lower one. When heat is added or subtracted it causes changes in the physical properties of objects like thermometers, asphalt, bread baking in the oven, or the tip of your tongue. “Hot” and even“warm” are real and measurable quantities.

Cold, on the other hand, does not exist. There is no such thing as “cold”. When you touch a piece of ice with your bare hand, the sensation that you feel is not the presence of “cold”, it is the subtraction of heat. The more rapidly you withdraw heat the more “cold” it feels. The ice has such little heat compared to your body that the heat rushes from your hand to balance things out. Your hand continues to lose heat rapidly until the ice is melted, then and only then can your hand warm back up. The sensation that you feel in your hand, through your brain, is that of heat being sucked from your body. Your brain detects this and calls it “cold”but in reality it is simply the profound lack of heat.

EINSTEIN'S HAMMOCK: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "COLD"

So cold does not exist unless you are a dumbass who knows less than the average high school student.

Taz, I'll have fries with my burger. :rofl:

They teach these concepts in high school. :lol:
While the priests were raping you?
Are you upset because I inferred that you are ignorant?

I'm sorry but the truth usually hurts before it helps.
So have you ever been raped?
No. Do you want to rape me? I mean you rape the dog shit out of logic and truth.
So why did god invent rape?

No one really knows...

Maybe because he is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe good has no meaning if one is forced to be good.

Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to make a one sided coin.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

Or maybe he wants us to love him for who he is and not what he can do for us.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.
mirror images

God made evil. Nice guy.

Let's go back to Plato, three or four hundred years before Christ. Plato suggests that evil is ignorance. Evil does not exist when people have proper knowledge and conscience formation. Ignorance is a refusal to learn, a refusal to understand viewpoints other than one's own.

God did not make people who refuse to learn or to understand other viewpoints. People choose that for themselves. Why do you think people choose ignorance/evil? Why do you think they turn away from the goodness and knowledge available to them?

God made evil. Nice guy.

Let's go back to Plato, three or four hundred years before Christ. Plato suggests that evil is ignorance. Evil does not exist when people have proper knowledge and conscience formation. Ignorance is a refusal to learn, a refusal to understand viewpoints other than one's own.

God did not make people who refuse to learn or to understand other viewpoints. People choose that for themselves. Why do you think people choose ignorance/evil? Why do you think they turn away from the goodness and knowledge available to them?

Excellent posts. I hope he surprises me, but based on his track record, you’re probably wasting your time. He is precisely what you just described, someone who refuses to learn, refuses to understand, and who just wants to troll and lash out at God with the most vile, ugly, blasphemous words.

I’m actually starting to wonder if he is demon possessed.

Excellent posts. I hope he surprises me, but based on his track record, you’re probably wasting your time. He is precisely what you just described, someone who refuses to learn, refuses to understand, and who just wants to troll and lash out at God with the most vile, ugly, blasphemous words.
Thank you. Like you, I don't expect to see any improvement, at least not any time soon. That is okay. I view it as sowing the seeds. Right at the moment, I forget the name of the tree, but there is one tree whose seed that takes seven years to sprout. Meanwhile, of course, he is hoping in that time span we will be convinced to become atheists!

God made evil. Nice guy.

I'm asking WHY god made evil. Why not make a world without evil? WHY?

And, as even the ancient Greeks explained willful ignorance on our part, results in evil. If you are asking why God made our own choice of willful ignorance result in evil, you may as well be asking why God did not make the result of our bowel movements be jewels and gold. None of this is difficult to understand, so stop with the apron tugging. It's beneath you.

And, as even the ancient Greeks explained willful ignorance on our part, results in evil. If you are asking why God made our own choice of willful ignorance result in evil, you may as well be asking why God did not make the result of our bowel movements be jewels and gold. None of this is difficult to understand, so stop with the apron tugging. It's beneath you.
So if it's not difficult to understand why god made evil, please explain it to me.

So if it's not difficult to understand why god made evil, please explain it to me
Asked and answered.
As if. :biggrin:
Again, the answer to your question is that God did not make evil. God created existence. Existence is good.

I believe your real question is why does God allow "evil" to exist. That's a fair question, but it isn't a fun question for you. You don't get as much enjoyment from asking that question.

So if it's not difficult to understand why god made evil, please explain it to me
Asked and answered.
Again, the answer to your question is that God did not make evil. God created existence. Existence is good.

I believe your real question is why does God allow "evil" to exist. That's a fair question, but it isn't a fun question for you. You don't get as much enjoyment from asking that question.
I've asked that as well, why does god create the conditions for evil to flourish. I got goose eggs on that one as well.

So if god didn't create evil, evil created itself (since you don't appear to think that someone else created evil either). Evil just decided one day that if good goes away, I'm jumping right in. Is that how it happened?

Asked and answered.

I've asked that as well, why does god create the conditions for evil to flourish. I got goose eggs on that one as well.

So if god didn't create evil, evil created itself (since you don't appear to think that someone else created evil either). Evil just decided one day that if good goes away, I'm jumping right in. Is that how it happened?
That’s a Trojan horse as well. That’s just another attempt to say God is responsible for creating evil.

God didn’t create evil or the conditions for evil. God created existence. What man does with it is on man.

God allows it to exist. That’s free will.

Asked and answered.

Evil isn’t extant. Evil is the absence of good. So what you are trying to say makes no sense.

Forum List

Back