So I infiltrated a "coffee Party" meeting and i found out....

well, if all you know about them is from the media, how would you be able to?
Who says that's all I know about them? :eusa_whistle:

Del did you see her plant sign in her avatar. Thats the one she held up at a rally to try to make the teaparties look stupid ;).

Ok ok seriously though, which tea party event did you attend and talk to the people at to get an idea of who they are?
I know a several of them personally...they are cranks, imo, that tell racist jokes, are convinced that our country is communist and have basically been whining for an entire year...

I am toying with going to a rally in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow. I read that the organizer of it is promoting it as a tax day rally and her daughter receives health care under medicaid. :lol:

I read your claim that the teepees are misrepresented by the media...not as far as I can tell.

well, if all you know about them is from the media, how would you be able to?

excuse me, i didn't mean you personally. so, what do you know about them that isn't in the media? i only know what i read about them, myself.

excuse me, i didn't mean you personally. so, what do you know about them that isn't in the media? i only know what i read about them, myself.

You don't read about them in that thing called the newspaper do you?

I remember hearing about them a couple years ago, but I thought they were just a urban myth. :lol:

You also know at least one that isn't like that ravi ;). (points at self)

The teapariers wouldn't have a problem with medicare if it was a funded liability. Our problem isn't with the program itself as much as it is with the lack of paying for the funding of it without incurrin debt.

The health care reform bill and medicare are 2 totally different creatures. Medicare/cade is actually for health care only while the reform bill is a giant grab of power by the federal government that the constitution prohibits them from having.

I think if you are truly curious and ask some tea party people what they think about health care reforms (not the bill but actual reforms such as pre-existing conditions and affordability of coverage) you will be surprised to find that they agree with you.

The majority of americans know our health insurance system needs reforms but the majority of americans also understand that the health care bill will not adress these reforms but make our problems worse than they already are. The government can't handle the responsibility and aren't constitutionally empowered to do so. Look at the budget of amtrack, medicare/cade, the post office, social security, ect....the govt failed at balancing ALL of those budgets and they will fail at this too if we go by history.

Del did you see her plant sign in her avatar. Thats the one she held up at a rally to try to make the teaparties look stupid ;).

Ok ok seriously though, which tea party event did you attend and talk to the people at to get an idea of who they are?
I know a several of them personally...they are cranks, imo, that tell racist jokes, are convinced that our country is communist and have basically been whining for an entire year...

I am toying with going to a rally in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow. I read that the organizer of it is promoting it as a tax day rally and her daughter receives health care under medicaid. :lol:

Several? Me too. Not one of them tells racist jokes, or claims the country is communist. Nor do they believe that Obama is a Muslim/born outside the US or any other shit. They are, however, concerned - as they have been for years - about the way our country is being run. So, I guess that means that there are a bunch of individuals in the TEA parties - with their own opinions! Wow! Who would have thunk it? Go figure.

Several? Me too. Not one of them tells racist jokes, or claims the country is communist. Nor do they believe that Obama is a Muslim/born outside the US or any other shit. They are, however, concerned - as they have been for years - about the way our country is being run. So, I guess that means that there are a bunch of individuals in the TEA parties - with their own opinions! Wow! Who would have thunk it? Go figure.

But just because you don't know any racist or birther tea partiers, does not mean they do not exist.

But just because you don't know any racist or birther tea partiers, does not mean they do not exist.

They do exist dogbert and I think that is the very reason the tea parties need a good, outspoken leader. Someone who has the guts to stand up and tell those type of people "Hey you dont speak for us, we dont agree with you, if you agree with us join us but dont try to bring that birther/muslim stuff here keep that to yourself"

Scott Brown had the opportunity to be this man but declined. He could have showed up at the rally tommorrow, been speaking, and adress these very people. Maybe point at a stupid sign with obama as a witch doctor on it and say "Look at that guy, he doesn't represent us yet he is here with that sign, see that guy media people he DOES NOT represent us".

As always, I have to explain the fucking obvious to you. There are hundreds of thousands of people in the TEA parties. Some of them are racist. Most of them are not. Much like any other large group.

They do exist dogbert and I think that is the very reason the tea parties need a good, outspoken leader. Someone who has the guts to stand up and tell those type of people "Hey you dont speak for us, we dont agree with you, if you agree with us join us but dont try to bring that birther/muslim stuff here keep that to yourself"

Scott Brown had the opportunity to be this man but declined. He could have showed up at the rally tommorrow, been speaking, and adress these very people. Maybe point at a stupid sign with obama as a witch doctor on it and say "Look at that guy, he doesn't represent us yet he is here with that sign, see that guy media people he DOES NOT represent us".
Ah...but he can't because then he'll lose the lunatic fringe vote. It would make more sense if you all policed your own ranks.

The lunatic fringe is not numerous enough to a risk of losing; so that dog won't hunt.

I've seen a great deal of communications from various Tea Party Groups - they consistently focus on the agenda of Limited Government and Fiscal Responsibility - and tell people who wish to bring up other issues to find somewhere else to do it. It is a self-policing movement, and quite effective.

scott brown is smart enough to stay as far as possible from the tea parties and sure as heck doesn't want his photo taken with sarah palin.

good on him. he's not the nut i was afraid he'd be. but then again, he'd also like to be re-elected.

The LAST thing the movement needs is a 'leader.'

the entire point is to be FOR the people BY THE PEOPLE.

You want 'leaders' go join the asswipe political parties.

You don't read about them in that thing called the newspaper do you?

I remember hearing about them a couple years ago, but I thought they were just a urban myth. :lol:

settle down, whippersnapper or i'll hit you with my copy of the daily slab.

flintstonesnewspaper.gif

The only people who think badly of the movement are morons.

Most at this point understand they are protest for fiscally responisble gov, but you still get the half wits and big government stooges who think its racism or some other such drivel.

You can easily spot them, they usually say 'tea baggar' and are prone to drooling on themselves.

Who were the morons again?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilG7PCV448]YouTube - THE TEA PARTY & THE CIRCUS - Final Healthcare Reform Protest[/ame]

Tea Party Protestor: "3 words: Not good for the country"
Tea Party Protestor: "The constitution gives you rights, but they re inalienable rights from god"

Tea Party Protestor: "3 words: Not good for the country"
Tea Party Protestor: "The constitution gives you rights, but they re inalienable rights from god"

He must have been confused by Obama math's 3,000% decrease in spending.

The LAST thing the movement needs is a 'leader.'

the entire point is to be FOR the people BY THE PEOPLE.

You want 'leaders' go join the asswipe political parties.

That is both the strength and the weakness of the movement in my opinion. Its a strength because of the very reasons you like it the way it is however it is also a weakness as people can pull one guy out of the crowd and say "this is what a teapartier is all about".

The only people who have tried to be public "leaders" so far have only done so out of personal profit motives and have been summarily rejected by the group as a whole.

On this we disagree, I think we need a spokesperson/leader who can convey our message effectively without being tied down with all the B.S. that goes on in the fringes. The centrality of communication and the need for continual organization in any social movement makes their leaders particulary imporant.

Leaders speak in Social Movements to:
  • develop the sense of joining with others in shared concern.
  • motivate that concern into an active collective approach to addressing the concerns.
  • direct the action so it can be focused toward accomplishment of the movement's goals.

Social movements are said to have "entropy". They will disintegrate over time if energy is not expended to keep them together and active. Therefore, leadership must be constant in a movement, always again uniting it, motivating it, and directing it.

Without leaders a movement is typically doomed to fail at the hands of itself or its opponnents.

...that they actually agree with the values of the tea partiers. It was fun being at the harvard forum at annabell park and actually passing on the truth about the teaparties to people who only knew the lies.

I made statements about a fiscally responsible government, they agreed
I made statements about reducing the national debt they agreed.
I made statements about limiting the power of the government, they agreed.

I told them I was a tea party member and they got confused :lol:. They didn't realize what the tea parties stood for and didn't believe me when I said thats what we were about.

I guess the plants with their moronic signs were used very effectively by the media to misrepresent and disparage the tea party people and our message, kudos to the media and the big government crowd for successfully perpetrating those lies and misrepresentations of the tea party.
The only people who think badly of the movement are morons.

Most at this point understand they are protest for fiscally responisble gov, but you still get the half wits and big government stooges who think its racism or some other such drivel.

You can easily spot them, they usually say 'tea baggar' and are prone to drooling on themselves.

Don't be so quick to judge!

Not everyone who uses the term "teabagger" is against the tea party movement.

Forum List

Back