So I infiltrated a "coffee Party" meeting and i found out....

...that they actually agree with the values of the tea partiers. It was fun being at the harvard forum at annabell park and actually passing on the truth about the teaparties to people who only knew the lies.

I made statements about a fiscally responsible government, they agreed
I made statements about reducing the national debt they agreed.
I made statements about limiting the power of the government, they agreed.

I told them I was a tea party member and they got confused :lol:. They didn't realize what the tea parties stood for and didn't believe me when I said thats what we were about.

I guess the plants with their moronic signs were used very effectively by the media to misrepresent and disparage the tea party people and our message, kudos to the media and the big government crowd for successfully perpetrating those lies and misrepresentations of the tea party.
Instead of complaining about their bad image...why not simply clean it up?

Did you even read what I did on saturday? I went and changed the image at one of the "coffee party gatherings". The coffee parties are supposed to be a counter movement to the tea party yet the people in both agree on basics.

C'mon now ravi read and comprehend what I actually did before you post that I should be doing what I was already doing, lol.

I guess Ravi must mean that the MSM need to start providing factually accurate information and it is the fault of everyone who supports the TEAs that the MSM do not. This is the price we pay for allowing the MSM to provide our 'thoughts' for us.

...that they actually agree with the values of the tea partiers. It was fun being at the harvard forum at annabell park and actually passing on the truth about the teaparties to people who only knew the lies.

I told them I was a tea party member and they got confused :lol:. They didn't realize what the tea parties stood for and didn't believe me when I said thats what we were about.

I guess the plants with their moronic signs were used very effectively by the media to misrepresent and disparage the tea party people and our message, kudos to the media and the big government crowd for successfully perpetrating those lies and misrepresentations of the tea party.

Did you ask them if they liked baseball, hotdogs and apple pie? How about clean air and water? The rule of law?
Did you ask if they care what's in their hotdog, if the apples in their pie were cleaned of chemicals and the fat used in the crust was fresh or rancid, if Umpires ought to be allowed to bet on baseball games?
Most (all?) Americans want to be sure their food is safe and games played fairly by the rules.
Shouting down a member of Congress, screaming liar so the elected offical can't speak, or spitting on one because of different ideas, threatening to kill the speaker of the house and advocating for the dissolution of The Union are all extremist acts of RW fringers - many of whom identifiy with Palin/Graham/Gingrich/Perry and some of this type also attend tea parties.
Much as some who attend antiwar protests damage property there are wackos on the fringe of nearly all issues; however, the coffee party rose as a counterpoint to those on the fringe, for this reason alone it threatens the wackos in attendance at tea party events and those wackos who post on this MB.

PS btw, there is no evidence to support your conclusion. There is ample evidence in the words and actions (of those I named and those who attend tea parties) in public domain to support my conclusion - the tea party includes SOME (many?) on the fringe of polite society.

Last edited:

Did you ask them if they liked baseball, hotdogs and apple pie? How about clean air and water? The rule of law?
Did you ask if they care what's in their hotdog, if the apples in their pie were cleaned of chemicals and the fat used in the crust was fresh or rancid, if Umpires ought to be allowed to bet on baseball games?
Most (all?) Americans want to be sure their food is safe and games played fairly by the rules.
Shouting down a member of Congress, screaming liar so the elected offical can't speak, or spitting on one because of different ideas, threatening to kill the speaker of the house and advocating for the dissolution of The Union are all extremist acts of RW fringers - many of whom identifiy with Palin/Graham/Gingrich/Perry and some of this type also attend tea parties.
Much as some who attend antiwar protests damage property there are wackos on the fringe of nearly all issues; however, the coffee party rose as a counterpoint to those on the fringe, for this reason alone it threatens the wackos in attendance at tea party events and those wackos who post on this MB.

let me help you out.

people wry agrees with are good; people wry disagrees with are bad.

see, you could have saved a lot of bandwidth thereby reducing our collective carbon footprint, but your ego got in the way.

tsk,tsk

love the band....not much of a dead head..dont do the allman brothers

calif girl...i thought this was a lighthearted thread....

Which bit of it is 'light hearted'? You and del derailing it or PP's OP about attending a 'coffee' party. I am assuming you know what the coffee parties are, but I could be wrong.

No i didn't ask those things WryCatcher. I mainly was just there to listen to their point of view to try and see where we could possibly have an understanding with each other.

We are having a nice local meeting on the 14th. Even have a speaker from the Mackinaw Center. It should be very informative. The topics of various speakers are going to be taxation and health care reform.

Its easy to talk to them when there are only two of them.

I love it.

Someone who wishes for the movement he is apart of to not be judged, but he judges other movements without abandon. Careful about that amount of hypocrisy there Xeno, it might choke you. :eusa_whistle:

Did you even read what I did on saturday? I went and changed the image at one of the "coffee party gatherings". The coffee parties are supposed to be a counter movement to the tea party yet the people in both agree on basics.

C'mon now ravi read and comprehend what I actually did before you post that I should be doing what I was already doing, lol.
I read your claim that the teepees are misrepresented by the media...not as far as I can tell.

Its easy to talk to them when there are only two of them.

I love it.

Someone who wishes for the movement he is apart of to not be judged, but he judges other movements without abandon. Careful about that amount of hypocrisy there Xeno, it might choke you. :eusa_whistle:

At least there is actual evidence of the numbers of attendees at the coffee parties. Even the left can keep their socks on to count them. Look at the pics.... the ones the media run. Talking up the 'coffee parties' as an 'alternative' to the TEAs and not even seeing the irony of 10 people in a room as opposed to thousands in a park. It's funny, really.

I read your claim that the teepees are misrepresented by the media...not as far as I can tell.

That about sums it up.

well, if all you know about them is from the media, how would you be able to?

No i didn't ask those things WryCatcher. I mainly was just there to listen to their point of view to try and see where we could possibly have an understanding with each other.

Did you tell them you're a TEA Partier?

Yeah after I asked them if they agreed with certain things like I stated in the OP. They were very surprised and so was I actually. I found out we both have similar concerns but that they didn't understand anything about the tea parties other than what has come out of the mouths of the likes of Pelosi and Gerafalo.

It was refreshing for me personally to see that they aren't as closed minded and bigoted as the likes of pelosi, garafalo, SNL, and many news anchors on CNN/MSNBC appear to be on the concept of the tea parties.

Who says that's all I know about them? :eusa_whistle:

At least there is actual evidence of the numbers of attendees at the coffee parties. Even the left can keep their socks on to count them. Look at the pics.... the ones the media run. Talking up the 'coffee parties' as an 'alternative' to the TEAs and not even seeing the irony of 10 people in a room as opposed to thousands in a park. It's funny, really.

According to whom? The same people who you disregard when they report low tea party numbers?

You seem to think that because this "Coffee Party" has less numbers than the Tea Party, that makes them somehow worse or even not worth mentioning. Didn't the Tea Party start out with small numbers too? All movements start somewhere.

It's quite amazing to me how people such as Xeno who wish no ill words against the tea parties are willing to try and strike down another group with similar ideals just because they aren't willing to conform to their group.

What should matter is it's these people are taking time out of their day to discuss issues, which is great no matter what side of the political spectrum you land on.

Xeno and yourself could take a lesson out of Pilgrim's lesson book. He would have much to teach the both of you.

Who says that's all I know about them? :eusa_whistle:

Del did you see her plant sign in her avatar. Thats the one she held up at a rally to try to make the teaparties look stupid ;).

Ok ok seriously though, which tea party event did you attend and talk to the people at to get an idea of who they are?

2 might be streching it, one is more likely.

Forum List

Back