So I completely lost my shit last night.

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
If you knew me in real life, you'd know me to be very calm and even-tempered. So it was a little shocking to my wife, and my older daughter & her husband (who were over to BBQ) when I pretty much lost my shit. No beer or scotch were involved. Uh, yet. They got quite a laugh over it.

The "trigger" (heh) was a news story (like this one: Conservatives Fight to Stop ‘Obamacare Lite’) that indicated that, with all their political power, with all their bitching, with nine years to fucking come up with a good health care plan, the GOP is going to belch out some watered-down version of the ACA.

Gosh, what a big ol' fucking shock. So, when this Pig 2.0 is finally vomited onto the populace, this country will STILL be saddled with seven (7) entirely separate health care delivery/payment systems, a MASSIVE cost monkey on the backs of American employers, and so many inefficiencies that it simply is not going to do a much better job (if at all) than what it is "replacing".

So, arms waving, I ranted and raved at a relatively high volume for about 90 seconds, ultimately culminating in an even louder AAAUUUUGHHHHH, and my son in law couldn't contain his giggling. My wife and daughter were staring at me, smiling, with bug eyes. The only positive was that no one recorded it for Facebook. On this I feel fortunate.

"Leaders" my ass. These people are a joke.

Last edited:
The funniest part is how much they wailed about the subsidies, then they make their own based on age instead of income. Sure they call them "refundable tax credits" but that is exactly what the Obamacare subsidies were.

Then the joke of how they are going to help the people with high HSA crap, all the poor people who can't afford insurance are suddenly going to be taking advantage of HSAs? I don't think so, that shit helps the upper middle class and the wealthy. I like it, don't get me wrong I think HSAs are great but to try to spin it as something that will be something for the masses is a joke.

What is the latest on mandatory, I heard the premiums are 130% for one year if you didn't maintain coverage.

I guess at it's surface that isn't mandatory, but the results are same as the fine = you pay more if you don't maintain constant coverage. I actually like that part of the GOP plan, people were supposedly abusing the system by signing up when they were sick but not when healthy, ding 'em if they sign up after not having coverage.

I'm going to wait till they pass it and find out what's in it, before I lose my shit.

I too am not happy if what we are hearing comes to fruition.

It will still be mandatory which pisses me off

-Geaux

Insure you own body and the dependents of yours. Quit depending on hand outs. We subsidized their (the congressmen's ) HI, and they can certainty subsidize those who need it and then they can do something about the cost of HI. Making it mandatory and telling the insurance companies to get in the marketplace or die a slow death is what is needed,. also expanded Medicaid in each and every state, even if the GOP and the AAPS's do not like it.

Other rumors aer

-Geaux

Insure you own body and the dependents of yours. Quit depending on hand outs. We subsidized their (the congressmen's ) HI, and they can certainty subsidize those who need it and then they can do something about the cost of HI. Making it mandatory and telling the insurance companies to get in the marketplace or die a slow death is what is needed,. also expanded Medicaid in each and every state, even if the GOP and the AAPS's do not like it.

Insure your body is mandatory.

Killing life in your body is discretionary

Got it

-Geaux

Other rumors aer

-Geaux

Got it

-Geaux

Healthy people have a better chance of a healthy baby. Do not tell me you are pro life and pro gun, and anti health insurance and care , also being pro choice does not make one pro abortion.

If you knew me in real life, you'd know me to be very calm and even-tempered. So it was a little shocking to my wife, and my older daughter & her husband (who were over to BBQ) when I pretty much lost my shit. No beer or scotch were involved. Uh, yet. They got quite a laugh over it.

The "trigger" (heh) was a news story (like this one: Conservatives Fight to Stop ‘Obamacare Lite’) that indicated that, with all their political power, with all their bitching, with nine years to fucking come up with a good health care plan, the GOP is going to belch out some watered-down version of the ACA.

Gosh, what a big ol' fucking shock. So, when this Pig 2.0 is finally vomited onto the populace, this country will STILL be saddled with seven (7) entirely separate health care delivery/payment systems, a MASSIVE cost monkey on the backs of American employers, and so many inefficiencies that it simply is not going to do a much better job (if at all) than what it is "replacing".

So, arms waving, I ranted and raved at a relatively high volume for about 90 seconds, ultimately culminating in an even louder AAAUUUUGHHHHH, and my son in law couldn't contain his giggling. My wife and daughter were staring at me, smiling, with bug eyes. The only positive was that no one recorded it for Facebook. On this I feel fortunate.

Even around your own family it is best NOT to talk about politics or religion. Even if you are the same religion.

Other rumors aer

-Geaux

Got it

-Geaux
So this harkens back to the issue of the 10th Amendment (States' Rights) versus Roe v. Wade.

Roe v. Wade is clearly activist bad law from the SCOTUS.

But not because abortions are bad per se.

More because States' Rights is a fundamental principle of the Bill Of Rights. States have rights too.

I'm going to wait till they pass it and find out what's in it, before I lose my shit.
I couldn't wait. I just couldn't wait. I lost it.

There are a slew of people who hated WJ Clinton.

There are a slew of people who hated "W" Bush.

There are a slew of people who hated BHO.

There are now a slew of people who hate DJT.

All these people are risking heart attacks.

Alcohol in discrete dosages is surely the best answer.

You should have the scotch or the beer.

Several actually.

Then it wouldn't have mattered.

I have experience that people under the influence of alcohol get more emotional. Good he was not drinking or he may of taken all off and ran around naked and burnt all the food.

The one thing though......Trump is President...and he said he was going to fix obamacare.........the republicans in office were the ones Trump supporters voted agains as well.....you knew this was to be expected from those Republicans...that is why jeb didn't win and Trump did......Republicans voted against the Washington Republicans as much as they voted against hilary......so it is not unexpected that the cowards in washington, the ones who always talk about "reaching across the aisle" and "working with the other side" are more than happy to do nothing about obamacare....that is why Trump won...to beat these assholes as badly as he beat the democrats.....

Keep your powder dry...see what happens......

Keep your powder dry...see what happens......
Yeah, I don't have much fucking choice. Early indications aren't positive, but I'll try not to lose my shit again.

At least in front of other people.

Oh....lose your shit......it is good to let it out rather than bottle it up...it is going to be a long 8 years....and it is going to be trench warfare every step of the way.....the left are monsters and you don't defeat monsters with rainbows and puppies.....

You should have the scotch or the beer.

Several actually.

Then it wouldn't have mattered.

I have experience that people under the influence of alcohol get more emotional. Good he was not drinking or he may of taken all off and ran around naked and burnt all the food.
That really depends Penelope .

Alcohol seems to affect everyone differently but what it does is that it allows the real person to show themselves because it numbs the inhibitions.

So if all the people around you who drink are emotional then it will seem that way.

But I also know people who go catatonic when they drink. They are born introverts and have converted to and fake extroversion the rest of the time.

And some people are born bullies and the alcohol brings that out in them. This is why some states do not let you bring guns into bars (my state lets us).

Alcohol does make me more romantic but more in a Platonic way. I tend to love everybody when I am having alcohol.

Forum List

Back