So I Called My Local Islamic Center &

He had an M.B.A., a wife and two young kids and a passion for Ping-Pong.

On the surface, Faisal Shahzad, 30, appeared to be living a typical American life in suburban Connecticut.

He was handsome and well-dressed. His pretty 28-year-old wife, Huma Mian, adored him.

On a social networking site, she expressed her passions as "fashion, shoes, bags, shopping and of course Faisal."

For most of the dozen or so years the Pakistan-born Shahzad lived in the U.S., he didn't make much of an impression on the teachers, neighbors and others who came into his orbit.

"He was just a normal dude," said George Lamonica, who bought a two-bedroom apartment in Norwalk from Shahzad in 2004. "You wouldn't have looked at him twice."

Read more: Times Square bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad 'was just a normal dude' before making neighbors suspicious

Ya never know... Just sayin...
So true,

Timmothy McVeigh was just your typical all American kid and a decorated veteran.

Who was quiet and never drew much attention to himself.

Ya never know...Just saying.....

Timothy McVeigh was insane.........just like Islam.

Timothy McVeigh was insane.........just like Islam.
That's so cute.............:lol:

Here are some cute muslim babes.

Video: French women cause a stir in niqab and hot pants in anti-burka ban protest - Telegraph

Yep. From the website:

"To put a simple burka on would have been too simple. So we asked ourselves: 'how would the authorities react when faced with women wearing a burka and mini-shorts?," asked the students, one of whom is a Muslim.

"We were not looking to attack or degrade the image of Muslim fundamentalists – each to their own – but rather to question politicians who voted for this law that we consider clearly unconstitutional," they said.

I wonder what would happen to them if they walked down the street in Saudi Arabia or Iran? Would the "religion of peace" be as tolerant as France?
Don't know.

And really don't care. :eusa_angel:

We know. That's the problem.
Why is that a problem?? :confused:

I am an American and live in America.

We have our own problem's and issues to deal with.

What people do in China, India, or Saudia Arabia, really isn't my business or concern. :cool:

Last edited:
How do you figure that, Kalam?

He says that God cares what you look like in terms of dress:
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. - I Corinthians 11:5-6​

Apparently, he would also prefer that you keep silent:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. - I Corinthians 14:34-35

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. - I Timothy 2:11-12​

What gives?

New Testament trumps old. Jesus undid all the old laws. He only requires you love your neighbor and follow 4 of the old laws.

St. Paul's epistles aren't the Old Testament, RGS. If you reject the teachings of Paul then you're considered to be quite outside the fold of mainstream Christianity.

Are those the words of God or Jesus? They are the words of a man reflecting the social customs and ethical norms of his day. The Jesus that I know would not care, he defied the standards of 1st century male dominated society and treated women as equals.

Do you think that you're more familiar with Jesus (AS) and the teachings attributed to him than Paul was? Honest question.

Yep. From the website:

"To put a simple burka on would have been too simple. So we asked ourselves: 'how would the authorities react when faced with women wearing a burka and mini-shorts?," asked the students, one of whom is a Muslim.

"We were not looking to attack or degrade the image of Muslim fundamentalists – each to their own – but rather to question politicians who voted for this law that we consider clearly unconstitutional," they said.

You missed the point. What would happen if these women walked down the streets of Saudi Arabia or Iran dressed like that?

Are those the words of God or Jesus? They are the words of a man reflecting the social customs and ethical norms of his day. The Jesus that I know would not care, he defied the standards of 1st century male dominated society and treated women as equals.

Do you think that you're more familiar with Jesus (AS) and the teachings attributed to him than Paul was? Honest question.

Paul stated that he received his words from Jesus.

Yep. From the website:

You missed the point. What would happen if these women walked down the streets of Saudi Arabia or Iran dressed like that?

No, you missed the point of the video. :lol:

In Iran and Saudi Arabia, their attire would be against the law, just as it will be soon in France thanks to the legislation that these women are protesting.

Paul stated that he received his words from Jesus.

Tell that to Newby; she says that Paul's teachings are no longer valid in today's world.

Yep. From the website:

No, you missed the point of the video. :lol:

In Iran and Saudi Arabia, their attire would be against the law, just as it will be soon in France thanks to the legislation that these women are protesting.

I understand that, but you're still missing a big point to the protest.

Tell me what would happen to those two women if they walked down the street dressed like that in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Forum List

Back