So I Called My Local Islamic Center &

Cookie cutter anti-christian post, try again. What's the matter, can't you answer my questions??
How is my question somehow anti-christian?? :confused:

Most christians I know say the the Bible is 100% the word of God.

Yet, you said the word of Paul was not from God, but was just the words of a man.

So I am just wondering how you divide the Bible into God's words and man's words?

Is it by the book or by the verse?

Um, you know by the words that were spoken by Jesus, and by the words that were spoken by His apostles in letters that they wrote while communicating to various groups and each other throughout the middle east. Did you just decide to completely ignore the explanation that I gave for Paul's words in my earlier post? Is that too inconvenient for you or make too much sense or something?

Besides, we're off topic. So, you think that because women covered their heads as a part of ancient society, and your holy book references the customs and norms of that ancient society since that's when it was written, that women of today should still cover their hair. So you think the Koran or even the Bible would have called for women to cover their hair had they been written today? Do you think God's salvation is so petty and small that it is concerned over such a trivial thing?

Cookie cutter anti-christian post, try again. What's the matter, can't you answer my questions??
How is my question somehow anti-christian?? :confused:

Most christians I know say the the Bible is 100% the word of God.

Yet, you said the word of Paul was not from God, but was just the words of a man.

So I am just wondering how you divide the Bible into God's words and man's words?

Is it by the book or by the verse?

Um, you know by the words that were spoken by Jesus, and by the words that were spoken by His apostles in letters that they wrote while communicating to various groups and each other throughout the middle east. Did you just decide to completely ignore the explanation that I gave for Paul's words in my earlier post? Is that too inconvenient for you or make too much sense or something?
So you only believe that the "Red Letter" words in the 4 Gospels and Acts are from God.

And the rest of the Bible can be either from man or God depending on the topic.

Got it. :doubt:

Besides, we're off topic. So, you think that because women covered their heads as a part of ancient society, and your holy book references the customs and norms of that ancient society since that's when it was written, that women of today should still cover their hair. So you think the Koran or even the Bible would have called for women to cover their hair had they been written today? Do you think God's salvation is so petty and small that it is concerned over such a trivial thing?
If God doesn't care about how people dress.

And you say it is such a trivial thing.

Then why are you so worked up over how Muslims dress? :doubt:

Last edited:
But here in American they're 'mainstream', right? So mine was a genuine question to the muslim men that post in here. Can I as a female walk into any mosque and ask the Imam questions and be permitted to worship as the men do without any clothing or separation from the men restraints on my worshipping?

There is a men's prayer area and a women's prayer area.

Yes, you would be allow to worship with the women in their prayer area.

But, there you would need to cover your hair with a scarf as a sign of respect. :eusa_angel:

Why the separation? Why are women forced to cover their hair? Why does Allah see something that he created as sinful and not worthy of being seen in his place of worship?

As a Christian, I get to sit beside my husband at church and share the experience with him, and God doesn't care what I where or what I look like, what's important is that I'm there.

It's probably the same reason why men and women are separated in Orthodox Jewish temples.

Why no "outrage" about that?

so i decided to call c.a.i.r. of san diego, and spoke to the nicest young man, he was a convert to islam from christianity since 98.

Explained to me about the verses, I actually recommend people visit a mosque, and/or call cair and talk to someone who is muslim about your questions.

If you can be civil atleast, it makes for a nice conversation, and understanding

even if you dont agree with everything they say or believe, atleast you wont be an asshole

I simply dont want to be an asshole, and am truly sorry for being one at times

You are getting your info from C.A.I.R.? You may want to do some research first. I will get you started:
"Council on American Islamic Relations and CAIR Canada (collectively, CAIR), have aided, abetted, and materially sponsored and al Qaeda and international terrorism. CAIR is an outgrowth of the Hamas front group the Islamic Association of Palestine. The FBI's former associate director in charge of Investigative and Counter-Intelligence Operations described the Islamic Association of Palestine as an organization that has directly supported Hamas military goals and is a front organization for Hamas that engages in propaganda for Islamic militants. It has produced videotapes that are very hate-filled, full of vehement propaganda. It is an organization that has supported direct confrontation."
CAIR Named as a Defendant in 9/11 Terror Lawsuit :: Daniel Pipes

Have to give you credit actsnoblemartin.

I really wish more people would take the initiative and visit a local mosque.

I have visited many in the last ten years.

Each one will have a different ethnic mix,. Depending on the local community.

One may be mainly Pakistani and Indian. While down the road the mosque membership could be Syrian or Somali.

Basically, you will find friendly and warm people. Who are car mechanics, doctors, teachers, dentists, etc.

Who have house payments, car payments, worry about their childrens education, pay taxes, and vote.

They just happen to be muslim and go to the mosque instead of a church. :eusa_angel:

Just because they have families doesn't mean what they believe is correct.

told her I had some questions about some of the versus.

She was very sweet/polite, and told me questions are fine, and that I could come in whenever and ask an Imam.

I reccomend, if you have questions about islam, doing the same thing.

I also want to apologize to the boards muslims for being at times, hateful and mean spirited.

I am sorry, and dont want to hate, or dislike anyone simply based on what religion they choose

I called up Ahmadinejad, and he sounded really nice. He said something like there was no such thing as the holocaust but he said it really nice. Of course I didn't believe him about that part but I think we can settle the differences.

I might visit a Neo Nazi rally next week. I've heard they have families and pay bills like me too.

But here in American they're 'mainstream', right? So mine was a genuine question to the muslim men that post in here. Can I as a female walk into any mosque and ask the Imam questions and be permitted to worship as the men do without any clothing or separation from the men restraints on my worshipping?

There is a men's prayer area and a women's prayer area.

Yes, you would be allow to worship with the women in their prayer area.

But, there you would need to cover your hair with a scarf as a sign of respect. :eusa_angel:

Why the separation? Why are women forced to cover their hair? Why does Allah see something that he created as sinful and not worthy of being seen in his place of worship?

As a Christian, I get to sit beside my husband at church and share the experience with him, and God doesn't care what I where or what I look like, what's important is that I'm there.

“I have not seen any one more deficient in intelligence and religion than women”. (Al-Bukhari 2:541)

[

You are getting your info from C.A.I.R.? You may want to do some research first. I will get you started:
"Council on American Islamic Relations and CAIR Canada (collectively, CAIR), have aided, abetted, and materially sponsored and al Qaeda and international terrorism. CAIR is an outgrowth of the Hamas front group the Islamic Association of Palestine. The FBI's former associate director in charge of Investigative and Counter-Intelligence Operations described the Islamic Association of Palestine as an organization that has directly supported Hamas military goals and is a front organization for Hamas that engages in propaganda for Islamic militants. It has produced videotapes that are very hate-filled, full of vehement propaganda. It is an organization that has supported direct confrontation."
CAIR Named as a Defendant in 9/11 Terror Lawsuit :: Daniel Pipes
C.A.I.R. has been investigated by every government agency you can think of.

And nothing has been found to link them to anything.that's against the law. :cool:

St. Paul is rolling in his grave, Newby.

How do you figure that, Kalam?

He says that God cares what you look like in terms of dress:
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. - I Corinthians 11:5-6​

Apparently, he would also prefer that you keep silent:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. - I Corinthians 14:34-35

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. - I Timothy 2:11-12​

What gives?

New Testament trumps old. Jesus undid all the old laws. He only requires you love your neighbor and follow 4 of the old laws.

I might visit a Neo Nazi rally next week. I've heard they have families and pay bills like me too.
Actually, that would be a good idea The Light.

After reading your posts here for the last year.

I think you would fit right in with the Neo Nazis; especially, the Aryan Brotherhood.

They hold giant Jesus rallies complete with giant flamming cross's.

(and we all know how much you love Jesus)

Plus, they hate other religions and people who look different then them.

(just the same as you The Light)

And the Aryans don't like the Constitution much either. (seems like it's a little too inclusive)

You should attend one of their meetings The Light.

It would be like a match made in heaven. :eusa_angel:

Thanks I definently will. The Imam said it was ok to come on monday, and even see the prayers. And they even do interfaith work, with local synagogues and others.

Very nice people.

I just dont wanna go around, prejudging a whole group of people, cause like other group, they have some assholes.

I have two choices, be insincerely friendly, which will turn into sincere fellowship or show sincere hostility which turns into nothing positive.

Please tell us how your conversation goes when you decide to visit the mosque.

Let us know how good his hash is. I might need to visit.:cool:
One of my best friends in Floridastan was a Muslim named Ali Romero. He has a paint, wallpaper and pressure cleaning company.Great guy.Mellow. Works his ass off, goes to mosque, and never preaches to the rednecks in Florida.
He grew up in Trinidad.
........for you murkins , that's part of an island just off the coast of Evil Venezuela.:eusa_shhh:

He had an M.B.A., a wife and two young kids and a passion for Ping-Pong.

On the surface, Faisal Shahzad, 30, appeared to be living a typical American life in suburban Connecticut.

He was handsome and well-dressed. His pretty 28-year-old wife, Huma Mian, adored him.

On a social networking site, she expressed her passions as "fashion, shoes, bags, shopping and of course Faisal."

For most of the dozen or so years the Pakistan-born Shahzad lived in the U.S., he didn't make much of an impression on the teachers, neighbors and others who came into his orbit.

"He was just a normal dude," said George Lamonica, who bought a two-bedroom apartment in Norwalk from Shahzad in 2004. "You wouldn't have looked at him twice."

Read more: Times Square bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad 'was just a normal dude' before making neighbors suspicious

Ya never know... Just sayin...

He had an M.B.A., a wife and two young kids and a passion for Ping-Pong.

On the surface, Faisal Shahzad, 30, appeared to be living a typical American life in suburban Connecticut.

He was handsome and well-dressed. His pretty 28-year-old wife, Huma Mian, adored him.

On a social networking site, she expressed her passions as "fashion, shoes, bags, shopping and of course Faisal."

For most of the dozen or so years the Pakistan-born Shahzad lived in the U.S., he didn't make much of an impression on the teachers, neighbors and others who came into his orbit.

"He was just a normal dude," said George Lamonica, who bought a two-bedroom apartment in Norwalk from Shahzad in 2004. "You wouldn't have looked at him twice."

Read more: Times Square bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad 'was just a normal dude' before making neighbors suspicious

Ya never know... Just sayin...
So true,

Timmothy McVeigh was just your typical all American kid and a decorated veteran.

Who was quiet and never drew much attention to himself.

Ya never know...Just saying.....

I think you would fit right in with the Neo Nazis; especially, the Aryan Brotherhood.

And the Aryans don't like the Constitution much either. (seems like it's a little too inclusive)

Wow, all of those sound like Ahmadinejad too. Interesting you carefully cliped him out of my post and didn't mention a word about him.:eusa_think:

Wow, all of those sound like Ahmadinejad too. Interesting you carefully cliped him out of my post and didn't mention a word about him.:eusa_think:
So you miss your "Hero"??? :lol:

So you miss your "Hero"??? :lol:

No, he embodies all the good Muslim values though.

Forum List

Back