So, I am considering this question.....

Here's the thing. It doesn't have to be a national figure to run a party. As long as they nominate someone who is able to do the job, I don't think anyone would care what their name is.

Steele had the pedigree to be the right guy, but has failed imo to get the job done. He continually gets caught with his foot in mouth.

TSO

Btw. welcome to USMB

After all, it is the left who are intolerate towards others.

That's not quite true. I myself support the right of gays to get married. Discuss that with most social conservatives in the GOP, and should you be a Republican, be prepared to be labeled "RINO". It's the fringes on both sides that are intolerant. Intolerant of anyone that does not agree with them.

-TSO

I'm happy for 'civil partnerships' for gays, giving them the legal rights and responsibilities of 'marriage'... but, to me, 'marriage' is religious and for that end I don't support gays having the right to force a Church (such as the Catholic Church) to marry them.

Why is it we're all supposed to recognise the 'rights' of others, but no one ever talks about the 'responsibilities' that come with the 'rights'?

Government supported gay marriage would not force any church to marry gays, it would be a city hall marriage not a religious one.

That's not quite true. I myself support the right of gays to get married. Discuss that with most social conservatives in the GOP, and should you be a Republican, be prepared to be labeled "RINO". It's the fringes on both sides that are intolerant. Intolerant of anyone that does not agree with them.

-TSO

I'm happy for 'civil partnerships' for gays, giving them the legal rights and responsibilities of 'marriage'... but, to me, 'marriage' is religious and for that end I don't support gays having the right to force a Church (such as the Catholic Church) to marry them.

Why is it we're all supposed to recognise the 'rights' of others, but no one ever talks about the 'responsibilities' that come with the 'rights'?

Government supported gay marriage would not force any church to marry gays, it would be a city hall marriage not a religious one.

So they say. I'm not convinced that once they have civil ceremonies, that they won't go after the churches.

Should the poster you all know as California Girl join the Republican Party?

Now, I have always determinedly remained independent of either party. However, recently I have wondered whether it is better to stand outside the two parties and vote for whoever I see as most representative of not just my view but who best represents the 'American way' or should I join one of the parties and push for that party to become what it should be instead of the party as they currently are.

Obviously, the dems are doomed. Far too many 'far left' members and nowhere close to the 'American way'. So, I am left with the Republicans.... now, the GOP are not a great party and have far too many idiots but more likely to be a 'home' for someone like me.

The benefits of joining, to me, would be:

1. The party needs more 'voices', instead the 'old white guys'.

2. I keep being accused of being a Republican anyway so it would save me the bother of defending my non-republicanism.

3. It would annoy the crap out of JokeDorkey who thinks of the GOP as 'his' party.

So, friends, Romans, countrymen, should I join or should I not join? I am not, by nature, a joiner. Would I be happy as a Republican?

The Dems will always have their 37% no matter what you do. So the GOP and Tea Party split their 35% down the middle leaving the GOP with about 19% and then the roughly 20% independent vote will split down the middle giving Democrats a victory in 2010 and 2012.

Liberals gave up their principles which is one of the reasons they latch on to natural disasters like Katrina and Haiti...to dissuade guilt. They will continue to vote Democrat because even though they know their party is corrupt as shit they hate the alternatives even more.

The reason the GOP is split is because their members HAVE PRINCIPLES.....

Last edited:
I'm happy for 'civil partnerships' for gays, giving them the legal rights and responsibilities of 'marriage'... but, to me, 'marriage' is religious and for that end I don't support gays having the right to force a Church (such as the Catholic Church) to marry them

Errr...no one can force a church to marry them. Churches deny couples from being wed in their chapels all the time.

So they say. I'm not convinced that once they have civil ceremonies, that they won't go after the churches.

So you oppose gay marriage over a non issue? City hall marriages and religious marriages are two different things and just because they may get the right to wed at city hall does not mean they will get the right to marry in a church even if they go after it.

Now, I have always determinedly remained independent of either party. However, recently I have wondered whether it is better to stand outside the two parties and vote for whoever I see as most representative of not just my view but who best represents the 'American way' or should I join one of the parties and push for that party to become what it should be instead of the party as they currently are.

Obviously, the dems are doomed. Far too many 'far left' members and nowhere close to the 'American way'. So, I am left with the Republicans.... now, the GOP are not a great party and have far too many idiots but more likely to be a 'home' for someone like me.

2. I keep being accused of being a Republican anyway so it would save me the bother of defending my non-republicanism.

3. It would annoy the crap out of JokeDorkey who thinks of the GOP as 'his' party.

So, friends, Romans, countrymen, should I join or should I not join? I am not, by nature, a joiner. Would I be happy as a Republican?

Stay centered

The Dems will always have their 37% no matter what you do. So the GOP and Tea Party split their 35% down the middle leaving the GOP with about 19% and then the roughly 20% independent vote will split down the middle giving Democrats a victory in 2010 and 2012.

Liberals gave up their principles which is one of the reasons they latch on to natural disasters like Katrina and Haiti...to dissuade guilt. They will continue to vote Democrat because even though they know their party is corrupt as shit they hate the alternatives even more.

The reason the GOP is split is because their members HAVE PRINCIPLES.....

:lol::lol::lol: That is great!!!! You should be in the running to take over the tonight show.

I would advise against joining any political party.

Doing so makes you compromise values and clouds judgement of right and wrong in favor of sides.

You can vote for whomever you please, but joining a party means that the party comes before the country in many cases and integrity cannot help but to suffer from it.

Just say no to the GoP (and the Dems and whatever else goober party shows up).

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I did sort of like that Birthday Party but hey other than the cake, and I'm not so sure in back rooms some place there's some of that as well, the Republicans and well the Democrats both have balloons. Anyway, the choice of a party should be your own CG, these days it seems there is a whole lot go along to get along party joining on both sides, I don't think Democrats or Republicans would deny that. If you have a real personal desire that the Republican party is for you then by all means join it and the Republican party will be better for it. However, if you don't and decide to go along another path, a persons political party does not make that person who and what they are and makes no difference really or should not on how people consider you as a friend. Those that respect your friendship also respect your opinion regardless if they do not share that opinion. So as long as the choice is your own and it meets your expectations and desires thats all that really matters.

Forum List

Back