So Good to Be Back Home.

Cajun

Rookie
Feb 1, 2014
hi. good to be here. friend of mine told me about this place. he said it was hell but once you seen kandahar, there ain't no heaven, junie moon.

they call me cajun. i got no idea why other than i went a little drunk awhile back in bagdad during mardi gra and was whippin' on some jarheads with some zydeco band playin' in the background so the grunts started calling me "cajun". who knows. i have no hard feelings towards the marines and we bacame friends later. i am done. ETS'd at JBLM and i ain't marchin' anymore. lost sight of why i did in the first place. seems like we may be making enemies of people who could be friends. something sure ain't right.

interested in just about everything...except fruitcake, although fruitcake is in season this time of year. just got done tossing one around the yard with my bro and some army buddies in a game of touch and remember, when they say today is the first day of the rest of your life, they might be lying. it might be the last. either way though, you got a day. some don't get that even.

You don't seem right in the head. You'll get along here very well. Welcome. :)

hi. good to be here. friend of mine told me about this place. he said it was hell but once you seen kandahar, there ain't no heaven, junie moon.

they call me cajun. i got no idea why other than i went a little drunk awhile back in bagdad during mardi gra and was whippin' on some jarheads with some zydeco band playin' in the background so the grunts started calling me "cajun". who knows. i have no hard feelings towards the marines and we bacame friends later. i am done. ETS'd at JBLM and i ain't marchin' anymore. lost sight of why i did in the first place. seems like we may be making enemies of people who could be friends. something sure ain't right.

interested in just about everything...except fruitcake, although fruitcake is in season this time of year. just got done tossing one around the yard with my bro and some army buddies in a game of touch and remember, when they say today is the first day of the rest of your life, they might be lying. it might be the last. either way though, you got a day. some don't get that even.

Welcome to USMB, Cajun. Thank you for your service. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Last edited:
Welcome! .....

th

Damn.

I hate it when people get misled but this entire site is about fruitcake. Oh,we use clever allegories about politics and current events and a thousand things, but every one of them really means "fruitcake". Some of the posters here are just nuts, and we have a couple of fruits too. I myself am a cleverly disguised pomegranate.

:banana:

Welcome, enjoy. :)

Last edited:

Fruitcake would have faded into oblivion a long time ago except for the concept of re-gifting. In the last fifty years, all the fruitcakes that have been manufactured (I hesitate to say baked) have been in perpetual re-circulation. I have yet to hear a reliable report of anyone actually eating one.

Welcome to USMB!

I saw Kandahar AB for ten days on business a couple of years back...had a room in a cargo container in a compound inside the ANA Base...near the main base. Other than the dust and heat, it didn't look so bad to me. Of course we never went outside the bases (except to travel the mile or so between them) where the fighting was going on.

I met some nice Afghans and a lot of nice US personnel, male and female. The food was great, we had a small swimming pool, a gazebo with a bar...and bikini clad civilian girls from Russia to come swim every night with the contractors. Most fun was the bazaar (I think on a Thursday) where Afghan merchants sold their wares in an huge outdoor flea market setting. I bought a chess set made of local stones. However, the best thing about the whole trip was the flight home and the overnight stay in Dubai!

Happy posting!

Last edited:

Welcome to USMB!

I saw Kandahar AB for ten days on business a couple of years back...had a room in a cargo container in a compound inside the ANA Base...near the main base. Other than the dust and heat, it didn't look so bad to me. Of course we never went outside the bases (except to travel the mile or so between them) where the fighting was going on.

I met some nice Afghans and a lot of nice US personnel, male and female. The food was great, we had a small swimming pool, a gazebo with a bar...and bikini clad civilian girls from Russia to come swim every night with the contractors. Most fun was the bazaar (I think on a Thursday) where Afghan merchants sold their wares in an huge outdoor flea market setting. I bought a chess set made of local stones. However, the best thing about the whole trip was the flight home and the overnight stay in Dubai!

Happy posting!

yes, kandahar is cool, but the neighbors are bringing the property values down. i sure ain't ever going back.

fruitcake football update:

game ended up a tie, although i think my team drank more and that was the tiebreaker.

we had eliminated extra point attempts because we didn't know what the results would be but tommy got crazy with whiskey confidence and decided to try a field goal which we didn't eliminate because we are out of our minds. he broke his foot on the fruitcake and it didn't sail over the uprights but it did knock out a coupla of brian's teeth or maybe seven.

anyway, we are still debating on whether we should rush to the dentist or the doctor but that oughta sort itself out after the keg is empty. it might hinge on a coin flip or how many of brian's teeth we can find.

thank all of you for the welcome and especially those who repped me. don't know what that is all about but i will get ya back.

peace out.

Last edited:

game ended up a tie, although i think my team drank more and that was the tiebreaker.

we had eliminated extra point attempts because we didn't know what the results would be but tommy got crazy with whiskey confidence and decided to try a field goal which we didn't eliminate because we are out of our minds. he broke his foot on the fruitcake and it didn't sail over the uprights but it did knock out a coupla of brian's teeth or maybe seven.

anyway, we are still debating on whether we should rush to the dentist or the doctor but that oughta sort itself out after the keg is empty. it might hinge on a coin flip or how many of brian's teeth we can find.

thank all of you for the welcome and especially those who repped me. don't know what that is all about but i will get ya back.

peace out.

^^ This guy is gonna fit right in. I vote we let him stay after all. :eusa_shifty:

peace out.

^^ This guy is gonna fit right in. I vote we let him stay after all. :eusa_shifty:
I'm waitin' for a story in which he uses the phrase "pass outta my front" which in Cajun means "get outta my way". He can prolly come up with three or two like that!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27hrBgomzM]"Keep the Customer Satisfied" -- Simon and Garfunkel - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back