So Am I the A@@hole here?

No, I'm a fresh, barely singed piece of meat and some vegetables, motherfucker!

1689774707754.jpeg

No, I'm a fresh, barely singed piece of meat and some vegetables, motherfucker!
That was from an animal that was killed days or weeks ago and is decomposing every second

You're just butthurt because you got schooled in another thread.

So this morning I was out very early with my 2 dogs and we did a 5 mile loop around a pretty little lake near me. I was wearing a 40 lb pack because I like to do push ups and pull ups with it on as I walk.

Anyway I was sitting on a bench after my walk just to cool down while my dogs swam a little and I was eating my breakfast of some delicious fresh fruit ( cantaloupe, cherries and a couple nectarines) and some guy walks by and says "You might as well be eating candy bars"

Now normally I would ignore idiots like this but today I didn't feel like biting my tongue. This guy was at least 40 lbs over fat and was huffing and puffing after walking the 100 yards from the parking lot to where I was sitting.

I'm 5' 10" and about 175 lbs at less than 10% body fat and just did 5 miles with a 40 lb pack and did 100 push ups and 30 pull ups along the way

I said "Oh you're one of those idiots who thinks eating 3 Big Macs without the buns is healthy huh?"

And he got all pissed off at me when I said he needed to lose 40 lbs and I said here have something healthy for breakfast instead of a pound of bacon.

He waddled off swearing at me between all his huffing and puffing from his short walk and as I walked back to my car I asked if he wanted me to call an ambulance for him because it looks like he was having heart trouble.

Yes, the last paragraph makes you the asshole.

He was a dick and you got your jab in and he walked away. Situation over. But you had to take one more shot on your way out. That is an asshole move.

He was a dick and you got your jab in and he walked away. Situation over. But you had to take one more shot on your way out. That is an asshole move.

Maybe but I don't see it that way.

And then come here and brag about it. Brag about how he lost his cool. What an asshole

So this morning I was out very early with my 2 dogs and we did a 5 mile loop around a pretty little lake near me. I was wearing a 40 lb pack because I like to do push ups and pull ups with it on as I walk.

Anyway I was sitting on a bench after my walk just to cool down while my dogs swam a little and I was eating my breakfast of some delicious fresh fruit ( cantaloupe, cherries and a couple nectarines) and some guy walks by and says "You might as well be eating candy bars"

Now normally I would ignore idiots like this but today I didn't feel like biting my tongue. This guy was at least 40 lbs over fat and was huffing and puffing after walking the 100 yards from the parking lot to where I was sitting.

I'm 5' 10" and about 175 lbs at less than 10% body fat and just did 5 miles with a 40 lb pack and did 100 push ups and 30 pull ups along the way

I said "Oh you're one of those idiots who thinks eating 3 Big Macs without the buns is healthy huh?"

And he got all pissed off at me when I said he needed to lose 40 lbs and I said here have something healthy for breakfast instead of a pound of bacon.

He waddled off swearing at me between all his huffing and puffing from his short walk and as I walked back to my car I asked if he wanted me to call an ambulance for him because it looks like he was having heart trouble.
He should have minded his own business, and you had a right to offer a retort.

However, most folks aren't burning off the carbs they eat. In your case, have high fructose fruits works fine as long as you remain on your exercise regimen. However, for most Americans, high carb diets are leading to diabetes, cancer, obesity, skin and joint problems, internal, visceral fat which chokes off their organ function, and a number of other health issues.

I've personally switched to a carnivore/Keto mix diet. At 63, I just don't have the time or desire to exercise like I used you (like you do now) so diet has become a very big issue for me. Removing sugar (in all of its forms) has proven to be extremely beneficial, and I would recommend it for most Americans. Now, I do snack on some very low-carb fruits from time to time. I like to eat frozen blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. All are fairly low on the glycemic scale.

He should have minded his own business, and you had a right to offer a retort.

However, most folks aren't burning off the carbs they eat. In your case, have high fructose fruits works fine as long as you remain on your exercise regimen. However, for most Americans, high carb diets are leading to diabetes, cancer, obesity, skin and joint problems, internal, visceral fat which chokes off their organ function, and a number of other health issues.

I've personally switched to a carnivore/Keto mix diet. At 63, I just don't have the time or desire to exercise like I used you (like you do now) so diet has become a very big issue for me. Removing sugar (in all of its forms) has proven to be extremely beneficial, and I would recommend it for most Americans. Now, I do snack on some very low-carb fruits from time to time. I like to eat frozen blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. All are fairly low on the glycemic scale.

We'll disagree on that carb thing.

Whole food plant based foods have carbohydrates yes but they are all also high in fiber which makes a lot of those carbs undigestible .

If I told you that a diet of nothing but oatmeal and some berries for 5 days will actually lower insulin resistance in people with type 2 diabetes how would you explain that?

We'll disagree on that carb thing.

Whole food plant based foods have carbohydrates yes but they are all also high in fiber which makes a lot of those carbs undigestible .

If I told you that a diet of nothing but oatmeal and some berries for 5 days will actually lower insulin resistance in people with type 2 diabetes how would you explain that?

I can only speak for myself, but having come from a family that's generally overweight (including myself for many years), I can only say that I lost 70lbs in less than a year and didn't do a bit more exercise than just what I normally did. I get my fiber from low-carb greens. I've never felt better in my entire life since eliminating GMO, MSG, Preservatives, Sugars, Processed Foods, etc. I do grass fed beef; free-range chickens and their eggs; farmer's market greens (mostly Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, and Cauliflower). At 63, I maintain a low weight and have more energy than men half my age who live on Fast Food and Pizza.

Maybe but I don't see it that way.

You earlier said that the exchange left you feeling somewhat guilty if I'm not mistaken.
And it's because of the revenge you enacted. Not claiming that you were emotional in your response....in fact the lack of emotion while you enacted the revenge is part of what is causing the guilt.

This might be stemming from an attitude that many were raised with which is "grace for the idiots". Grace being unearned or unmerited favor you grant on others.

And in a lot of ways...it's not healthy. I'm not suggesting that you be so thinned skinned that you cry over bruised feelings because of some idiot.

You live in a community. You are responsible for your part in the attitude of the community as a whole. You know that you can escalate a conflict or de-escalate a conflict. And where your contribution to conflict might be nothing more than a pin prick's worth of a black dot on a sheet of paper....how much is needed before the sheet is grey or solidly black?

I'm not saying that you are lacking or anything like that....but it was a choice that likely was out of character for you. I completely understand the temptation to behave the way that you did...
But at the end of the day did you really teach that jerk a lesson that will stop him from being a jerk in the future? Of course not.

Just because others decide to be jerks doesn't mean that you have to join the "revenge club" or the Mercenaries of God guild.

You earlier said that the exchange left you feeling somewhat guilty if I'm not mistaken.
And it's because of the revenge you enacted. Not claiming that you were emotional in your response....in fact the lack of emotion while you enacted the revenge is part of what is causing the guilt.

This might be stemming from an attitude that many were raised with which is "grace for the idiots". Grace being unearned or unmerited favor you grant on others.

And in a lot of ways...it's not healthy. I'm not suggesting that you be so thinned skinned that you cry over bruised feelings because of some idiot.

You live in a community. You are responsible for your part in the attitude of the community as a whole. You know that you can escalate a conflict or de-escalate a conflict. And where your contribution to conflict might be nothing more than a pin prick's worth of a black dot on a sheet of paper....how much is needed before the sheet is grey or solidly black?

I'm not saying that you are lacking or anything like that....but it was a choice that likely was out of character for you. I completely understand the temptation to behave the way that you did...
But at the end of the day did you really teach that jerk a lesson that will stop him from being a jerk in the future? Of course not.

Just because others decide to be jerks doesn't mean that you have to join the "revenge club" or the Mercenaries of God guild.
I never used the word guilty.

I said I felt a little bad but no so bad that I would apologize.

Like I said I'm usually the most chill guy you'll ever meet it's a camel and straw thing this week.

and community or no it's really not anyone's business what I decide to eat is it? Personally I would rather people start getting shamed for being nosy busybodies maybe then they'll start minding their own damn business.

I agree. The day hasn't come yet that I just let some bitch off the street kill my vibe when I'm happily munching on a nectarine.

No you weren't. The fat slob should have minded his own business.

JMO, but I personally don't like being approached by strangers.

I never used the word guilty.

I said I felt a little bad but no so bad that I would apologize.

Like I said I'm usually the most chill guy you'll ever meet it's a camel and straw thing this week.

and community or no it's really not anyone's business what I decide to eat is it? Personally I would rather people start getting shamed for being nosy busybodies maybe then they'll start minding their own damn business.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that you needed to apologize. That would make you to be a doormat. I am not advocating that you become one either.

I, personally, would be interested in seeing what you ate because of my culinary background....but not say anything derogatory....because it's what YOU wanted and desired. A highly subjective choice....no different from choosing a blue shirt over a red one or even *gasp* a plain white T-shirt. :auiqs.jpg:

You aren't going to be able to teach anyone anything with revenge. Not unless you give them a case of PTSD....which usually is accompanied with criminal charges because of the extreme measures needed.

People are more influenced by their friends behaviors than anything else. Those you regularly associate with have more influence on you than any random (jerk) stranger.

As a side note....
The jerk? Saying what he said was extremely risky behavior these days. There are way too many nutso people out there with nothing to live for or anything else that might restrict them from exacting serious revenge in the form of assault.

And you mentioned this incident being the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. As well as that you are customarily the calm one and fairly passive. (Which isn't a bad thing)

Might be time to examine who/what has been happening around you, and to you, lately to cause the rise of stress.

Me? I seem to have a wild animal preserve in my back yard that is going to play havoc with my garden....foxes, racoons, deer, and.....I need a pellet gun.

NO. he was not minding his own business and he was factually incorrect. You provided him with needed motivation.

I park way out from the entrance at stores. I don't want tards dinging my doors and putting little dents in my rides.
I do the same thing and wouldn't you know, half the time several people have decided to park as close as possible anyway when I get back outside.
I have even had them suckers damn near box my vehicle with a trailer leaving barely any room to maneuver.

Haha, yes you are the asshole… but so was he, and he started it. For what it’s worth, you’re the funnier asshole of the two!

Forum List

Back