So Am I the A@@hole here?

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
So this morning I was out very early with my 2 dogs and we did a 5 mile loop around a pretty little lake near me. I was wearing a 40 lb pack because I like to do push ups and pull ups with it on as I walk.

Anyway I was sitting on a bench after my walk just to cool down while my dogs swam a little and I was eating my breakfast of some delicious fresh fruit ( cantaloupe, cherries and a couple nectarines) and some guy walks by and says "You might as well be eating candy bars"

Now normally I would ignore idiots like this but today I didn't feel like biting my tongue. This guy was at least 40 lbs over fat and was huffing and puffing after walking the 100 yards from the parking lot to where I was sitting.

I'm 5' 10" and about 175 lbs at less than 10% body fat and just did 5 miles with a 40 lb pack and did 100 push ups and 30 pull ups along the way

I said "Oh you're one of those idiots who thinks eating 3 Big Macs without the buns is healthy huh?"

And he got all pissed off at me when I said he needed to lose 40 lbs and I said here have something healthy for breakfast instead of a pound of bacon.

He waddled off swearing at me between all his huffing and puffing from his short walk and as I walked back to my car I asked if he wanted me to call an ambulance for him because it looks like he was having heart trouble.

So this morning I was out very early with my 2 dogs and we did a 5 mile loop around a pretty little lake near me. I was wearing a 40 lb pack because I like to do push ups and pull ups with it on as I walk.

Anyway I was sitting on a bench after my walk just to cool down while my dogs swam a little and I was eating my breakfast of some delicious fresh fruit ( cantaloupe, cherries and a couple nectarines) and some guy walks by and says "You might as well be eating candy bars"

Now normally I would ignore idiots like this but today I didn't feel like biting my tongue. This guy was at least 40 lbs over fat and was huffing and puffing after walking the 100 yards from the parking lot to where I was sitting.

I'm 5' 10" and about 175 lbs at less than 10% body fat and just did 5 miles with a 40 lb pack and did 100 push ups and 30 pull ups along the way

I said "Oh you're one of those idiots who thinks eating 3 Big Macs without the buns is healthy huh?"

And he got all pissed off at me when I said he needed to lose 40 lbs and I said here have something healthy for breakfast instead of a pound of bacon.

He waddled off swearing at me between all his huffing and puffing from his short walk and as I walked back to my car I asked if he wanted me to call an ambulance for him because it looks like he was having heart trouble.
Not nice !!! Yes, you are the a-hole.

Not really the best way to bring up your son .
I don't have a son or a daughter for that matter.

And what about the fat ass? Is he raising his kids to make snide comments about other people?

You sound like Mr Clean, but try to mellow out.

Wait....this isn't like AITAH Reddit....this really happened? To you?

If it did...I mean, no one should be commenting on the food people eat. What business is that of his? And what's this business about fruit being unhealthy? Sounds to me like he's diabetic and jealous that you are fit without sugar issues. But that's his problem, not yours.

Why are there so many Karens? People. You do you, let me do me. Geez

Wait....this isn't like AITAH Reddit....this really happened? To you?

If it did...I mean, no one should be commenting on the food people eat. What business is that of his? And what's this business about fruit being unhealthy? Sounds to me like he's diabetic and jealous that you are fit without sugar issues. But that's his problem, not yours.

Why are there so many Karens? People. You do you, let me do me. Geez
Literally this morning at about 630 AM

And like I said I am usually the most chill guy you'll ever see in public. But this week I have had to bite my tongue one too many times when dealing with people I don't even know who were just being stupid.

Last edited:

And like I said I am usually the most chill guy you'll ever see in public. But this week I have had to bite my tongue one too many times this week when dealing with people I don't even know who were just being stupid.

Yeah, something happened in 2020 that wasn't just Covid. People used the pandemic as an excuse to get all up in other people's business. And people got a lot, and I mean a lot, ruder.

I don't mean to sound like a grandma from the 1880s but polite norms are busted. Like don't comment on what other people are eating. Look at public behavior on airplanes too. And performances? No one knows the difference between behavior appropriate for sporting events, rock concerts, and other types of events, like graduations and classical concerts, anymore. They holler at all of them, or talk on their phones, etc.

Okay, vent off

8-ball-without-a-doubt.png

Hmmmmm.

Who was minding their own business here?

Even if that peckerhead were eating five Big Macs right in front of me, I'd never be presumptuous enough to try and tell him what to stuff into his bloated and flabby excuse for a body...His shitty choices are their own worst consequences.

And like I said I am usually the most chill guy you'll ever see in public. But this week I have had to bite my tongue one too many times when dealing with people I don't even know who were just being stupid.
Yeah, lots of feral Trumpers out there

Whats wrong with eating fruit? I love fruit but as a truck driver fresh fruit is very hard to come by. And if you buy it before you leave out from the house it only lasts a day or two bouncing around in the truck before you have a fruit smoothie whether you wanted one or not.

Hmmmmm.

Who was minding their own business here?

Even if that peckerhead were eating five Big Macs right in front of me, I'd never be presumptuous enough to try and tell him what to stuff into his bloated and flabby excuse for a body...His shitty choices are their own worst consequences.
Exactly my point.

And you know if this guy would have kept his pie hole shut I would have probably encouraged him in his exercising because I know a lot of people who are always struggling to get in shape and lose weight and I know how much good exercise can do for the mind and body.

But he just had to make some snide idiotic comment

The guy was obviously a waste of good air. Maybe you could have toned down your comment but I understand how hard it can be.

Forum List

Back