Smoking banned in private homes.

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by tigerbob, Jan 31, 2009.

1. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    This is just ridiculous. :cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    This is freaking crazy! I don't smoke, and when I did I never smoked in my house, but still, these people should be able to do whatever they want in their homes. (as long as there's not a well, a poodle and Nazi paraphernalia. :tongue: )

*I can't stand my loud, rude, obnoxious neighbor who lives above me, can I get a law against her too?

3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Whine long enough and get on the city council you have a good shot at it EZ.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194

I guess so. She's goes crying to the condo board if my daughter shuts the door "too loud"-yet I can here her fat ass stomping around upstairs, I swear that is why the lighting fixture in my ceiling fell out! I think she does it on purpose!

Maybe I'll take up smoking again and blow it up her ass! :lol:

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Smoke in your bedroom-----everyone agrees that what goes on in there is no one else's business. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. michiganFats

michiganFats BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    It's too bad that some people over the age of 70 find it difficult to act like adults. It's also too bad that a nursing home was used as the focus of this story. A building where medical care is delivered is a far cry from a private residence. The author of this story did every reader a disservice by deliberately confusing the issue. The law is obviously aimed at private property owners, yet the author gave a situation where many variables exist that don't apply to most privately owned land, giving the impression that the law may not be so bad.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Smoking is a dying addiction thanks in part to those health fascist laws which, I, as a smoker, find extremely annoying.

EXCEPT FOR BARS, I basically agree with laws that prevent smoking in public places.

Vile addiction, smoking.

8. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    yea dude.. because a fucking bar owner shouldn't be able to cater to smokers. I mean, after the great cancerlicious bartender blight of 2006 WHO WOULDNT rather be out doing a safe job like circumcising a fucking bear than bartending?

This shit is THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of the danger of left wing politics gone over the same fascist cliff as right wingers. Sure, sure... we allow the consumption of alcohol in public.. and ACCEPT yearly drunk driving casualties in the thousands because of it... but if smoking makes your fucking hair stink then the torch and pitchfork throngs start to form.

9. Anguille

Anguille Bane of the Urbane

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    From the article:

"a driving force behind the passage of the law was a group of retirees from the complex who lobbied the city to stop secondhand smoke from drifting into their apartments from the neighbors' places.
    "They took it upon themselves to do something about it," said Valerie Harnish, the city's information services manager. "And they did."

Good for them!Nothing more annoying than being woken up in the middle of the night by the stink of your neighbor's cigarette smoking wafting into your bedroom. What I don't get is why the ban applies to the indoors but not the outdoors? It's easier for outdoor secondhand smoke to get into someone's else's apartment via open windows than past closed doors. Not that it's doesn't get in that way also.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306