CA city bans smoking in apartment homes

depend on the materials used. sometimes a lot.
So what is "a lot" in context?

Enough to increase your risk of cancer how much? More than the morning California commute?

a lot.

to increase cancer risk as the second hand smoking does.
there are numerous studies on the second hand smoking.

I have really hard time with this one :)

I absolutely HATE smoking.
But I also absolutely HATE the HOA commie rules.

That is why I live not in a gated community.

You realize that these bans were supposed to drastically reduce asthma and asthma attacks. Many, many studies concluded this. Yet since these bans have taken effect, some more than a decade ago, asthma rates have steadily increased. Statistically impossible, but true.

So what is "a lot" in context?

Enough to increase your risk of cancer how much? More than the morning California commute?

a lot.

to increase cancer risk as the second hand smoking does.
there are numerous studies on the second hand smoking.

I have really hard time with this one :)

I absolutely HATE smoking.
But I also absolutely HATE the HOA commie rules.

That is why I live not in a gated community.

You realize that these bans were supposed to drastically reduce asthma and asthma attacks. Many, many studies concluded this. Yet since these bans have taken effect, some more than a decade ago, asthma rates have steadily increased. Statistically impossible, but true.

Asthma has almost nothing to do with smoking. It does not help to smoke or second hand smoke while having asthma, but the main offense form the smoke inhalation is cancer risk.
And it is the same from second hand smoking as well.
There are also some childhood risks connected directly to smoking and even to the smoke contamination of the clothes of parents ( if they smoke outside) but I am really not in the mood of searching for the particular studies.
It is a well established and axiomatic connection.

Still, as I have said above... I have a hard time with this particular regulation concerning somebody's private home.

My sister lives in Bakersfield, Calif. Armpit of the USA for dirtiest, smoggiest, nastiest air anywhere. Probably as bad as China, if not worse. Some days, the whole city is warned to stay indoors because the air quality is SUPER dangerous.

My sister does not smoke. Never has. Her eyes burn. Her lungs are shot all to hell and back. When was the last time we heard of vehicle deaths due to a cig vs DUI?

My sister lives in Bakersfield, Calif. Armpit of the USA for dirtiest, smoggiest, nastiest air anywhere. Probably as bad as China, if not worse. Some days, the whole city is warned to stay indoors because the air quality is SUPER dangerous.

My sister does not smoke. Never has. Her eyes burn. Her lungs are shot all to hell and back. When was the last time we heard of vehicle deaths due to a cig vs DUI?

WOW. I thought it does not happen in the USA. I mean the dirty air to that extent. I lived in NYC when I first came to this country and it was cleaner air than my home city which is just 1 million inhabitants ( it is better now, but still).
And California is supposedly the most strict on regulations for the pollutants.
This is terrible. Is there any possibility of a move form that area?

Such a beautiful state - what a shame.

Kalifornia banned something? Say it isn't so!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0LPNJUGnT8]Say It Isn't So - Hall & Oates - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back