Small suggestion

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
At the bottom of each page there is an item that used to be called "Lower Navigation". It lists the path to the page you're on. When having just finished writing a post, it is the quick route (that I know) to go back up one level to open up another thread. I don't know what new terminology describes this class of feature, but it appears as a ribbon divided into segments for each level of the path. By clicking on different segments, you can navigate instantly to different levels of your current path. The only trouble I have is that the contrast - the color difference - between the different segments is very small. It is difficult to see it as a segmented ribbon. It is very easy to mistake it as simply another inactive portion of the screen. I would like to suggest that a greater color difference be set between the navigation ribbon and the background and between the different segments (levels) of the navigation ribbon.

If you are having trouble with my description, let me know.

For those who know what I'm talking about, do you agree?

At the bottom of each page there is an item that used to be called "Lower Navigation". It lists the path to the page you're on. When having just finished writing a post, it is the quick route (that I know) to go back up one level to open up another thread. I don't know what new terminology describes this class of feature, but it appears as a ribbon divided into segments for each level of the path. By clicking on different segments, you can navigate instantly to different levels of your current path. The only trouble I have is that the contrast - the color difference - between the different segments is very small. It is difficult to see it as a segmented ribbon. It is very easy to mistake it as simply another inactive portion of the screen. I would like to suggest that a greater color difference be set between the navigation ribbon and the background and between the different segments (levels) of the navigation ribbon.

If you are having trouble with my description, let me know.

For those who know what I'm talking about, do you agree?

You are referring to what is colloquially known as breadcrumbs but technically they are just tabs. They appear at both the top and bottom of the page.

Yes, it is possible for them to be different colors but that would require whomever is programming the UI to develop the code necessary for that to happen. It probably isn't as simple as just modifying the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).

moving your cursor over the word seems to highlight that segment enough to tell what you're about to click into...i see no problem. However, if I thank you, I cannot agree with you or label you informative. I'm allowed only one of the three.

:biggrin:

Forum List

Back