Slate exposes the "Medicare for All" lie being pushed by Democrats

I'd love to meet the person who turns down Medicare in favor of buying a plan from Aetna or United,

I would. Why would I want to settle for basic economy when I can afford to fly first class? While you peons are on your three month waiting list to get in to see your doctor on your government health care plan I'll be jumping the line with my private insurance.

I'd love to meet the person who turns down Medicare in favor of buying a plan from Aetna or United,

I would. Why would I want to settle for basic economy when I can afford to fly first class? While you peons are on your three month waiting list to get in to see your doctor on your government health care plan I'll be jumping the line with my private insurance.

I believe there are a whole bunch of people who cannot afford even basic HC insurance, even in today's improved economy. Some will no doubt get subsidized and get free or damned near free HC, but there are a number of others who make enough so they don't qualify for the free ride but can't afford the private insurance. And of course there are also those who could afford the private insurance but choose not to pay for it cuz they don't need it. And in many cases why should they if the Medicare For All (MFA) system includes pre-existing conditions? They'll spend their money in other ways until the time comes when they do need HC and then they jump in.

The old 80-20 rules comes into play here. 20% of us that need HC eat up 80% of the costs, but they won't be paying in 80% of the revenue to match that cost. Truth be told, they probably won't be paying even 20%, so somebody else has to cover the difference. And here's the problem: IMHO, most of the 80% of us that don't need HC at least at the moment are not going to be buying private HCI until they need it. So, unless you make it a mandatory deduction from their paycheck, this system doesn't appear to be fiscally feasible. And if you do make it a mandatory deduction to cover the expenses of MFA, it's going to be a hefty increase that a whole lot of workers are NOT going to like. The opposing political party will make serious hay in the next election that comes along to repeal the new MFA system. Or the taxpayers pay for it in increased gov't debt.

A news report from PBS is an opinion piece? Do you know what opinion means?

Why did you lie?

I didn’t. I told you the truth. I am waiting to hear your experiences with Medicare. Obviously you imagine that Medicare is a free medical card. Just whip it out and get treated for free. That is far from the truth. The links I provided would give you some insight into that. But you prefer to live by your perceptions instead of the truth. Or perhaps I should say your imagination.

Head down to your local pharmacy. Watch for a while. See how much the elderly, those lucky Medicare folks, have to pay for their prescriptions.

You can not blame the truth for hiding where you won’t look.

You absolutely lied. Admit that and we can try discussing the efficacy of Medicare.

I told the truth. My wife is handicapped. Disabled. She is bound to a wheelchair for mobility. The insurance company got her a wheelchair in less than two weeks when the Doctor ordered one. Medicare sent a letter a year later saying she could get one from them if the home inspection showed it was feasible in her living arrangement.

My insurance covers about 80% of the Doctors visit. That bill is usually paid within sixty days. Medicare takes six months, if they pay their share at all. Often the bill has to be resubmitted two or three times.

The procedures I mentioned, again true. Medicare has never paid a dime on them in two years. We pay for it. The Insurance requires preauthorization, and approves it for a single day, which means we can’t have anything come up to delay the procedure. A headache, but not a big one. We have been paying the rest not covered by Insurance out of pocket since Medicare hasn’t coughed up a dime.

Medicine? My Insurance covers it, and there are a few headaches there too. For example, my wife needed an asthma inhaler, and the Insurance Company wouldn’t cover it until the Doctor submitted a form showing it was medically necessary. I called the Insurance Company and asked them to show me one person who was not required to breath. We got the inhaler a few days later.

As I said, a few headaches. But compared to what we have to go through for even a little from Medicare, a minor headache I will choose every single time.

You just don’t want to believe it. You obviously have no experience with Medicare. When my Mother in Law had to go into an assisted living place, Medicare paid nothing. Mom had to sell her house to afford it. But hey, Medicare is awesome. Or something. My Grandmother went through her life savings affording the in home assistance that wasn’t covered by Medicare. The nurse that came in every day to help out for a couple hours.

Private Insurance is a pain, and yes, they’re crooks. But they’re predictable and responsive. I wish it was better, and it covered more. But I don’t wish for Medicare as my only option.

Have you seen the elderly at a Pharmacy getting their meds? Often hundreds of dollars later they walk out. Have you ever read what Medicare covers? Medicare is not the European Socialized Medicine you imagine it to be. You don’t just walk in and are instantly covered and in a line.

It is like the VA. Delays and denials are routine. And if you manage to get them to grudgingly agree that the procedure or treatment is necessary, then you still have to find a Doctor who wants to deal with the Medicare headache.

I posted what Medicare is doing to Chronic Pain Patients. There are thousands of threads on Twitter and Facebook telling that story. People suffering because Medicare thinks that they don’t need meds, and the Doctor is prohibited from proscribing them.

I don’t like my Insurance Company which has a local office arguing with my Doctor, what makes you think I want the massive Government office arguing with my Doctor.

You have no first hand experience, if you did, you would be saying that I am telling the truth. Look at this thread, nobody is saying how much they love Medicare. There aren’t Doctors posting how happy they are with the paperwork and annoyances with Medicare. Nobody is screaming you are telling the truth.

Link after Link, example after example, and you stand stubbornly there with your arms crossed and declare me a liar. Tell me your Medicare story. Tell me how they happily approved treatment. Tell me how much it cost you to get the supplemental insurance to cover medication, and the many many things that Medicare doesn’t cover, like nursing homes, and in home assistance, assisted living, and the list goes on, and on, and on.

I’ve told the truth, and you refuse to see.

Here is an article for Seniors to tell them which Medicare Supplimental plans they should consider. They’re going to need something. You know, that pesky Private Insurance you want to see eliminated.

Best Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans | Reviews | Retirement Living

AARP has some information, and they’re for the Seniors right?

What is Medicare Supplement Insurance? | AARP® Medicare Supplement

But you won’t listen, or read. Because you want to believe that Medicare is an awesome pays all system right?

Sad. You won't be honest.

I’m going to ask one more time. What experience do you have with Medicare?

Medicare for All Doesn’t Mean What Americans Think It Means

“Medicare for all” is a popular and politically effective slogan. Polls have shown that 70 percent of adults, and maybe more, say they’d support opening the federal health care program for the elderly to every American. This is all much to the delight Sen. Bernie Sanders, who managed to mainstream the idea during his 2016 presidential run, and has trumpeted those survey results in recent appearances.

One problem for Sanders is that when most Americans hear the words “Medicare for all,” they aren’t necessarily imagining the sort of single-payer system the Vermont senator has proposed. Worse yet, support for national health insurance seems to vacillate a great deal based on how pollsters couch the question. On Wednesday, for instance, the Kaiser Family Foundation published its latest tracking poll on public attitudes towards health care policy. Similar to its previous results, it found that 56 percent of Americans would support “a national health plan, sometimes called Medicare for all, in which American would get their insurance from a single government plan.” That’s not a bad outcome on its face. But many survey takers seemed to be confused about what Medicare for all, as it’s been formally proposed, would actually do. Among those under the age of 65 who had employer-sponsored coverage, 55 percent said they thought they would be able to keep their current health plan if Medicare for all were put in place.

That is not how Sanders’ single-payer bill would work. The legislation that Sanders has written, and that many of his colleagues and potential Democratic primary opponents endorsed, would expressly ban private insurance plans that compete with the government.

That turns out to be a fairly unpopular idea. According to Kaiser, support for Medicare for all drops to 37 percent if survey takers are told that the bill would eliminate private insurance companies, with 58 percent opposed.

In other words, Americans want access to government insurance, but they don’t want to be forced to use it—people prefer optionality. Kaiser finds that 73 percent of adults support “creating a national government administered health plan similar to Medicare open to anyone, but would allow people to keep the coverage they have.” This is an idea that, in health policy world, generally gets referred to as “Medicare for anyone.” The closest thing to it is probably a proposal produced by the Center for American Progress that would ban private insurers from competing on the individual market and would create strong incentives for employers to move their employees onto the federal plan.

==================================

Expand the current Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all, with graduated coverage as we age. Maintain the current and popular free market component, and take a massive cost monkey off the backs of American employers.

You are being lied to, if you care.
Hey, what can you say? People are stupid and will often predicate their support of something on what it is called. You can go look at polls showing overwhelming support for the provisions of the ACA, when they are listed individually . And then the same people, in the same poll, show disapproval for "Obamacare" just seconds later.

Last edited:
Why did you lie?

I didn’t. I told you the truth. I am waiting to hear your experiences with Medicare. Obviously you imagine that Medicare is a free medical card. Just whip it out and get treated for free. That is far from the truth. The links I provided would give you some insight into that. But you prefer to live by your perceptions instead of the truth. Or perhaps I should say your imagination.

Head down to your local pharmacy. Watch for a while. See how much the elderly, those lucky Medicare folks, have to pay for their prescriptions.

You absolutely lied. Admit that and we can try discussing the efficacy of Medicare.

I told the truth. My wife is handicapped. Disabled. She is bound to a wheelchair for mobility. The insurance company got her a wheelchair in less than two weeks when the Doctor ordered one. Medicare sent a letter a year later saying she could get one from them if the home inspection showed it was feasible in her living arrangement.

My insurance covers about 80% of the Doctors visit. That bill is usually paid within sixty days. Medicare takes six months, if they pay their share at all. Often the bill has to be resubmitted two or three times.

The procedures I mentioned, again true. Medicare has never paid a dime on them in two years. We pay for it. The Insurance requires preauthorization, and approves it for a single day, which means we can’t have anything come up to delay the procedure. A headache, but not a big one. We have been paying the rest not covered by Insurance out of pocket since Medicare hasn’t coughed up a dime.

Medicine? My Insurance covers it, and there are a few headaches there too. For example, my wife needed an asthma inhaler, and the Insurance Company wouldn’t cover it until the Doctor submitted a form showing it was medically necessary. I called the Insurance Company and asked them to show me one person who was not required to breath. We got the inhaler a few days later.

As I said, a few headaches. But compared to what we have to go through for even a little from Medicare, a minor headache I will choose every single time.

You just don’t want to believe it. You obviously have no experience with Medicare. When my Mother in Law had to go into an assisted living place, Medicare paid nothing. Mom had to sell her house to afford it. But hey, Medicare is awesome. Or something. My Grandmother went through her life savings affording the in home assistance that wasn’t covered by Medicare. The nurse that came in every day to help out for a couple hours.

Private Insurance is a pain, and yes, they’re crooks. But they’re predictable and responsive. I wish it was better, and it covered more. But I don’t wish for Medicare as my only option.

Have you seen the elderly at a Pharmacy getting their meds? Often hundreds of dollars later they walk out. Have you ever read what Medicare covers? Medicare is not the European Socialized Medicine you imagine it to be. You don’t just walk in and are instantly covered and in a line.

It is like the VA. Delays and denials are routine. And if you manage to get them to grudgingly agree that the procedure or treatment is necessary, then you still have to find a Doctor who wants to deal with the Medicare headache.

I posted what Medicare is doing to Chronic Pain Patients. There are thousands of threads on Twitter and Facebook telling that story. People suffering because Medicare thinks that they don’t need meds, and the Doctor is prohibited from proscribing them.

I don’t like my Insurance Company which has a local office arguing with my Doctor, what makes you think I want the massive Government office arguing with my Doctor.

You have no first hand experience, if you did, you would be saying that I am telling the truth. Look at this thread, nobody is saying how much they love Medicare. There aren’t Doctors posting how happy they are with the paperwork and annoyances with Medicare. Nobody is screaming you are telling the truth.

Link after Link, example after example, and you stand stubbornly there with your arms crossed and declare me a liar. Tell me your Medicare story. Tell me how they happily approved treatment. Tell me how much it cost you to get the supplemental insurance to cover medication, and the many many things that Medicare doesn’t cover, like nursing homes, and in home assistance, assisted living, and the list goes on, and on, and on.

Here is an article for Seniors to tell them which Medicare Supplimental plans they should consider. They’re going to need something. You know, that pesky Private Insurance you want to see eliminated.

But you won’t listen, or read. Because you want to believe that Medicare is an awesome pays all system right?

Thats how he gets his drugs, lol.

Thats how he gets his drugs, lol.

I doubt that he could afford them with only Medicare.

Any type of socialized medicine/healthcare is all kinds of fucked up. Because it always requires the successful to pay for the deadbeats… Never the right thing
The successful are already paying for the "deadbeats" via higher premiums, fees and co-pays. And via longer waiting times in emergency rooms because they're also being used as family doctors offices.

And they're paying more because the "deadbeats" don't have access to preventive and diagnostic care that would otherwise catch their problems earlier, when they would be cheaper to address.

That should be common knowledge by now.

Give me an example of this preventative and diagnostic care, that would otherwise catch their problems earlier, that you claim they do not have access to?

Give me an example of this preventative and diagnostic care, that would otherwise catch their problems earlier, that you claim they do not have access to?
Can't think of a single example, eh? You're not a real deep thinker, it appears.

So you can't come up with an example?

FYI... I realize for the non-thinking left, that your idea of discussing a topic is to never answer a question. But I've given you a chance to act like and adult.... I won't waste too much time giving you that chance.

I think any fool could think of an example. well, except you, apparently.

Spare me your troll exercise. You will just merel;y say, "but anyone has access to that, you can just go t an emergency room"... which is moronic, because that costs a lot more, and it is a lie anyway, regarding preventive medicine. No, you can't just go to an emergency room for a blood workup and a wellness check.

Spare me your troll exercise. You will just merel;y say, "but anyone has access to that, you can just go t an emergency room"... which is moronic, because that costs a lot more, and it is a lie anyway, regarding preventive medicine. No, you can't just go to an emergency room for a blood workup and a wellness check.

Right, but you can pay money to go get a check up. It's not that expensive. I've done it. You go in, pay $100 bucks at most, and they give you a quick check up.

In fact, one doctor only charged me $50.

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone wants to see a doctor, and works a full time job, they can't afford to save up just a $100? Most of those people have a cell phone bill that is higher than $100. Most spend more on a eating out, than a $100 in a month. When I was working part time at McDonald's in high school, I saved up more than a $100.

They do have access to health care, if they want it.

On top of that, this country has a wide selection of low cost, or no-cost government run clinics. There is one down the street from me.

You can go there, even if you have zero money.

Further, you stupidly talk about getting blood work done. Since when do you have a check up that includes a random blood draw and lab work? Never. I've never been to a random check up, and had them draw blood.

If you go into a clinic with an actual problem, then they might draw blood. But if you have an actual problem, you can go to the ER, and they'll do blood work there too.

Lastly, you left-wingers seem to live in this fantasy world, where if people have free care, they'll just randomly wander into a doctors office and have every possible illness discovered.

This is mythology. People avoid the doctors in countries where it is free, just as they do here where it costs money. They are not going to go to the doctors until they know they have a problem, whether it costs money or not.

Why do you think insurance companies push people to use free checkups? Because people by default, don't.

There is no magical preventative care services that are not "accessible" by the poorest in this country. It is all a left-wing lie. And you can tell it's a lie, because of how much a childish jerk you turned into, for me just asking a question. When their first reaction to someone asking them a question, is to become an arrogant snot, you know that they know, that they are full of crap.

Right, but you can pay money to go get a check up. It's not that expensive. I've done it. You go in, pay $100 bucks at most, and they give you a quick check up.

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone wants to see a doctor, and works a full time job, they can't afford to save up just a $100? Most of those people have a cell phone bill that is higher than $100. Most spend more on a eating out, than a $100 in a month. When I was working part time at McDonald's in high school, I saved up more than a $100.

On top of that, this country has a wide selection of low cost, or no-cost government run clinics. There is one down the street from me.

Further, you stupidly talk about getting blood work done. Since when do you have a check up that includes a random blood draw and lab work? Never. I've never been to a random check up, and had them draw blood.

If you go into a clinic with an actual problem, then they might draw blood. But if you have an actual problem, you can go to the ER, and they'll do blood work there too.

Lastly, you left-wingers seem to live in this fantasy world, where if people have free care, they'll just randomly wander into a doctors office and have every possible illness discovered.

This is mythology. People avoid the doctors in countries where it is free, just as they do here where it costs money. They are not going to go to the doctors until they know they have a problem, whether it costs money or not.

Why do you think insurance companies push people to use free checkups? Because people by default, don't.

There is no magical preventative care services that are not "accessible" by the poorest in this country. It is all a left-wing lie. And you can tell it's a lie, because of how much a childish jerk you turned into, for me just asking a question. When their first reaction to someone asking them a question, is to become an arrogant snot, you know that they know, that they are full of crap.
People without good health insurance wait longer to be treated for conditions. This is a fact, confirmed by every study on the topic. People with good insurance are more likely to get annual wellness checks... another fact. insurance companies that offer free preventive visits spend less on claims from their risk pools over time... another fact, which is why they have adopted this benefit.

But hey, you did that one thing that one time, so none of this can be right.... come on, man. Stop using your personal anecdotes in your arguments. They are useless.

People without good health insurance wait longer to be treated for conditions. This is a fact, confirmed by every study on the topic. People with good insurance are more likely to get annual wellness checks... another fact. insurance companies that offer free preventive visits spend less on claims from their risk pools over time... another fact, which is why they have adopted this benefit.

But hey, you did that one thing that one time, so none of this can be right.... come on, man. Stop using your personal anecdotes in your arguments. They are useless.

Not as long as people in Canada have waited to treat conditions. that is also a fact.

Now I agree with you though, government care in the US sucks. I've been to the government run clinics... they do suck. They are absolutely terrible, relative to private pay-for-service clinics and doctors.

The difference is, you seem to want more people stuck in the suck, and I want fewer.

Not as long as people in Canada have waited to treat conditions. that is also a fact.
But, how is that fact relevant? All the data shows that not only does Canada spend less per capita on medicine, it has much better health outcomes overall. So picking at things that could be improved is not condemnation of their system. If it were, you would first denounce our horrible system, as there is so much more wrong with it.
I've been to the government run clinics

red herring. Medicare is socialized insurance, not socialized healthcare. And the only reason those clinics even exist is for indigent care (Those who need medicare), not for those who have medicare. Your talking points are dubious.

But, how is that fact relevant? All the data shows that not only does Canada spend less per capita on medicine, it has much better health outcomes overall. So picking at things that could be improved is not condemnation of their system. If it were, you would first denounce our horrible system, as there is so much more wrong with it.
I've been to the government run clinics

red herring. Medicare is socialized insurance, not socialized healthcare. And the only reason those clinics even exist is for indigent care (Those who need medicare), not for those who have medicare. Your talking points are dubious.

What? That makes no sense. We have government run hospitals. We have government run clinics. We have government run insurance.

And to say those clinics exist for indigent care, is not relevant. It doesn't matter why they exist. The point is, they suck. And demanding more people use government care, would mean more people are stuck in the suck.

If you are saying that government run health care is intentionally crap, and if it wasn't 'for the indigent' that somehow it would magically be better? Because the VA hospitals suck too... they are not for the 'indigent'. So do public hospitals suck. And they are for everyone... right?

If you claim government run systems are not socialized healthcare.... then I would be hard pressed to figure out how they could be more socialized than that.

Anyway, you mentioned Canada has better health outcomes.

Health Costs: How the U.S. Compares With Other Countries

If insured, waiting times for U.S. patients are among the lowest in OECD countries. Relatively fewer patients (just 20 percent) wait more than four weeks for a specialist appointment or more than four months for elective surgery (7 percent).

U.S. patients also benefit from better cancer outcomes. OECD Health Data shows that the five-year survival rate for breast cancer is higher in the U.S. than in other OECD countries (89.3 percent compared to an OECD average of 83.5 between 2004 and 2009); survival from colorectal cancer is also among the best (64.5 percent compared to an OECD average of 59.9 percent, 2004-09).

Most obviously, the U.S. leads the world in health care research. Along with the FDA’s comparatively shorter drug approval processes, this means that cutting-edge drugs and treatments are available more quickly to American patients than elsewhere. The average time from first (worldwide) launch of a new drug to use is 1.3 years in the U.S., the lowest of all OECD countries. The U.S. is also trialing more new procedures and treatments, with the National Institutes of Health currently registering 119,469 clinical trials underway in the U.S., vastly more than any other OECD country.
By every single valid measure of our health care system, we have the best system in the world, as far as health care outcomes.

Your chances of surviving a critical illness are better here in the US, than anywhere else in the world. And this largely garbage PBS report, accidentally shows why. We have more drug trials, and more new procedures, and more cutting edge treatment, than anywhere else in the world... and the number one reason why.... is because we pay for it.

And here's the irony.... OUR system, makes Canada's system look better than it is.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

Every time a Canadian comes to the US for care, and survives, that makes the Canadian system look better.

Canadian Politician Comes to U.S. for Heart Surgery

Member of Canadian government comes to US for heart surgery.

Stronach travels to U.S. for cancer treatment | The Star

Another Canadian MP, goes to the US for breast cancer treatment.

Canadians Are One In A Million -- While Waiting For Medical Treatment

Over a million patients on waiting lists. Sounds like the VA.

What Jim Carrey Got Wrong About Canada's Health-Care System (Blog)

A fascinating story from a Huff post writer, saying he had to come to the US because treatments were simply not available.

Every single time that a Canadian comes to the US for care, and they survive, that makes their survival rates higher... even though it is our system that saved them.

So, no I disagree with you completely. They do not have better health care outcomes, not even close.

We have government run hospitals. We have government run clinics. We have government run insurance.
But they aren't causal. We have county hospitals that accept indigent care. These are people that SHOULD be on medicare. This highlights how very stupid we are, as a country, that we do things this way. Yes, it really is that stupid. We refuse to expand Medicare, then fund hospitals to accept indigent care. And these people often had indigent care somewhere else first, which was written off (and sued for, creditors' rights and all), with the costs spread to everyone else.
I reject your cherry picked anecdotes regarding Canada.. The canadians love their system by every measure, the Canadians spend less per capita on healthcare, and the canadians enjoy better health outcomes than we do. Those are facts YOU have to "account for", when not only arguing that their system is bad, but that ours is better. You haven't even attempted this. I can understand why, because that would be quite a feat.

Any type of socialized medicine/healthcare is all kinds of fucked up. Because it always requires the successful to pay for the deadbeats… Never the right thing
The successful are already paying for the "deadbeats" via higher premiums, fees and co-pays. And via longer waiting times in emergency rooms because they're also being used as family doctors offices.

And they're paying more because the "deadbeats" don't have access to preventive and diagnostic care that would otherwise catch their problems earlier, when they would be cheaper to address.

"Access" includes not being able to afford out of pocket:

Medicare for All Doesn’t Mean What Americans Think It Means

“Medicare for all” is a popular and politically effective slogan. Polls have shown that 70 percent of adults, and maybe more, say they’d support opening the federal health care program for the elderly to every American. This is all much to the delight Sen. Bernie Sanders, who managed to mainstream the idea during his 2016 presidential run, and has trumpeted those survey results in recent appearances.

One problem for Sanders is that when most Americans hear the words “Medicare for all,” they aren’t necessarily imagining the sort of single-payer system the Vermont senator has proposed. Worse yet, support for national health insurance seems to vacillate a great deal based on how pollsters couch the question. On Wednesday, for instance, the Kaiser Family Foundation published its latest tracking poll on public attitudes towards health care policy. Similar to its previous results, it found that 56 percent of Americans would support “a national health plan, sometimes called Medicare for all, in which American would get their insurance from a single government plan.” That’s not a bad outcome on its face. But many survey takers seemed to be confused about what Medicare for all, as it’s been formally proposed, would actually do. Among those under the age of 65 who had employer-sponsored coverage, 55 percent said they thought they would be able to keep their current health plan if Medicare for all were put in place.

That is not how Sanders’ single-payer bill would work. The legislation that Sanders has written, and that many of his colleagues and potential Democratic primary opponents endorsed, would expressly ban private insurance plans that compete with the government.

That turns out to be a fairly unpopular idea. According to Kaiser, support for Medicare for all drops to 37 percent if survey takers are told that the bill would eliminate private insurance companies, with 58 percent opposed.

In other words, Americans want access to government insurance, but they don’t want to be forced to use it—people prefer optionality. Kaiser finds that 73 percent of adults support “creating a national government administered health plan similar to Medicare open to anyone, but would allow people to keep the coverage they have.” This is an idea that, in health policy world, generally gets referred to as “Medicare for anyone.” The closest thing to it is probably a proposal produced by the Center for American Progress that would ban private insurers from competing on the individual market and would create strong incentives for employers to move their employees onto the federal plan.

==================================

Expand the current Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all, with graduated coverage as we age. Maintain the current and popular free market component, and take a massive cost monkey off the backs of American employers.

You are being lied to, if you care.

And even if we had Medicare for all, it wouldn't work like Bernie and the left-wing mindless Democraps claim.

ht-EFoxdCX3YnB--z73zYFCY4U5KdLSkLFo5eVae5jMTfQPgRGaBv3dhVVAaR6XKfVkPAFCBux7joVFjbQqLqMW7QUiPAJ5AmS1qdJZJwmPlCv5MfV4znAShMTHb8w37lsS1aIMRJsOJ-5KzCLhJ8sZh0f-AXItkaYqkIAWxD_cSwLfvswBvZJSxkdf8bc5irVllMArORJzo2NBilVq2Ljp4DqIPsUibSuGrLZ-DFL1GLO--Gn5DK4IoOoNNB8fLtmdeq3lBxhZ3PXAnUapd07n2Bmzw2FJiTiUf7Dx4FK-zoBDH9PN-dpHBl_f4mfaLVO7LXvY9I8Xvtc1MyFFySAZ1dVCt5c_tR5f1lBxm3_XEkk-UOTBFwc8fOebm0eUPCDcvjQeaXFjidJkIO3iTPLZlX29iZX56FfNLjRMrF7vXvE_06Wlf32K4SXwMN_DcCu82LN6uha81YBmOAgh334hmhUpMD9rISYaMZIAT5zy6WQlU2V0ls4QiY5NY_otYLLAiD-Un4XoF5KhhStMYbZpsPv0Ndq4iX-8_BXm6Lz6aIy1DYisenS-4JDeg7faZNBH92Cb56AvAs2Xusyq0iLlVAaFX_BY7lH3QZW5Euk74fYIxcxkwXZgnz5g0mmtPnRrPLL1AB_YrvOvPkkXnbJWNIyO_c-M=w328-h186-no

Medicare, and Medicaid both, pay out LESS than the cost of care. Now image any business in human history, that can survive while paying out less money, than how much it costs to provide service, and please tell me which one is still in business?

The answer is none.

So how are hospitals and doctors able to stay open, while providing care to Medicare/Caid patients which pays out less than the cost of providing that service?

They charge non-government patients MORE money.

Two people go into a hospital, and both get $1,000 worth of care, but one is a private patient, and the other is a government patient.

The gov-patient only pays out $800 for that $1,000 in care. How does the hospital not go bankrupt? By charging the private patient $1,200 for $1,000 in care.

This is why expanding Medicare/caid has drastically increased health care costs after Obama-care was passed.

Now here's the issue... every time these mindless left-wingers claim they want Medicare for all, and tell you how much it is going to cost, their claims on how much it will cost, is based on Medicare paying less than the cost of care.

But if you eliminate private patients, how is the hospital going to stay in business without being able to shift the costs onto private patients?

They can't. So all the hospitals will close.

Well the government isn't going to let that happen. So Medicare/caid is going to have to drastically increase payouts to hospitals. That will in turn drastically push up taxes on the lower and middle class.

All this crap about how it will be paid for by the rich? Crazy. Not happening. All this garbage about only a 6% tax? Insane, won't cover it. Taxes will have to go up dramatically on the lower and middle class, to cover Medicare for all.

The democraps are all lying. Totally lying. Or the democraps themselves are all as ignorant as AOC. Maybe they are just so dumb, they really don't know how stupid their claims are.
Yes, the Democrats are lying. They're using "Medicare for All" instead of "Single Payer" because it polls better, even though they know it's a lie. Their obedient zombies will deny it, of course, but that's what obedient zombies do. Meh.

Now, to the other issue you raise, provider reimbursement. Yes, that's THE issue as I see it.

So that's a problem. What can we do about that? How do we keep reimbursement high enough?

Well, we could start with tort reform to eliminate defensive medicine, which is ridiculously expensive. Since corporations will save a shitload on health care benefits, let's increase the tax rate a couple of points. That would be a nice start.

We find a problem, we address it, we fix it. One at a time. That's how we used to do things.

Right now of course we have Medicare and we have private insurance plans, doled out by employers, or paid for by the individual.
If people believe opening up "Medicare for all" means simply a new choice and everything else staying intact, it sounds much better that way, and you know Dimocrats are not going to go out of their way to explain it in detail.
It's a shame they feel they have to deceive like this.

But, given how politics works, it's not exactly a shock.

It's a shame they feel they have to deceive like this.

But, given how politics works, it's not exactly a shock.

Still not seeing our biggest problem being "You know what, the big greedy insurance companies aren't making enough money on pain and suffering".

Every other country has single payer, they spend less, cover everyone and perform better in nearly every major metric.

"Access" includes not being able to afford out of pocket:
Do you have a list of the countries that have healthcare for all that are considering a switch to a U.S. style insurance based healthcare system?

Forum List

Back