Slate exposes the "Medicare for All" lie being pushed by Democrats

I've pointed it out several times, bro.
Then point it out one more time for me, because i can't find it. How hard is that? Again, try to maintain your composure. A moment ago you tried to keep people focused on this topic. Now, suddenly, you don't want to state it. How odd.
Post 88. Post 72.

If you can't find them, you'll just have to survive.

You guys really need to get me out of your heads.

Trying to piece this together:

Sanders means "single payer". Most of the public thinks he means "public option".

Is this the "lie"?

I can't, because I don't have post numbers. But it would have been just as easy for you to copy/paste the post as it was to find the post number.

For a guy who "wants" to talk about this, you really seem to be doing anything you can to avoid posting your own thoughts on it.

I can't, because I don't have post numbers. But it would have been just as easy for you to copy/paste the post as it was to find the post number.

For a guy who "wants" to talk about this, you really seem to be doing anything you can to avoid posting your own thoughts on it.
I just don't burn time on partisan zombies any more. Both ends. I'm done with it.

Sorry. I just don't care whether you agree with me or not.

I just don't burn time on partisan zombies any more.
Says the guy who just posted 5 times to throw a little crybaby hissy fit, including tracking down post numbers, when only one post with the same effort of tracking down a prior post then copy/pasting it would have been sufficient.

I hear ya, ya little sissy. Maybe one of these other posters will grow the stones to state the lie and argue it.

So, anyone? What's the lie? And,no, mac's prior answer to this question -- merely reiterating the claim that someone is lying -- is not an actual answer.

Anyone?

Um, no.

Not sure what that has to do with the dishonesty pointed out by Slate.

That you guys keep claiming single payer could never, ever happen, when other countries have done it just fine.

Here's a list of all the countries that have single payer health care and do just fine:

How cowardly of you. I asked for a list of countries with single payer that want to copy our system and you scurried away. Case closed.

You made a false claim, and I exposed it.

I never agreed to answer your ignorant question.

There are many people that want the results of our system, they just don't want to pay for it.... even though they are with super high taxes, and low standards of living.

I would cite France. Now do the people of France specifically "want our system"? No. But they most certainly want the results of our system. They want better care what they have. We know that because they are constantly complaining about it.
France's health system 'no longer one of the best'

France stood out for another reason: while most Europeans feel their health system had got worst over the last decade (only 21 percent of the respondents felt things have got better) the French were by far the most critical about their national healthcare - 59 percent said they believed the situation had got worse.

These are not just perceptions. The French health system has been struggling to cope over the past few years, with emergency hospital wards bulging with patients and parts of the country described as 'medical deserts' where there are no doctors at all.
Vast areas of the country with no doctors at all. Long wait times, over packed wards, and the constant threat of doctor strikes.

French health workers launch week-long holiday strike
ER workers went on strike. Hope you didn't have an emergency....

Nationwide strike hits France’s elderly care sector - People's Daily Online
Elderly being ignored during doctor strikes across France....

Now of course they don't want to pay for it out of pocket.

But that is only because the French, much like the American left-wing idiots... have no idea that they are paying for it, and paying vastly more for it.

When you look at their tax rate, and their employment taxes, you start to understand why a French guy doing the job that would be middle class in the US, is barely living in poverty in France.

This is why the French are rioting.
france.jpg

See those happy French people? See how much they love their socialized system more than we do?

socialFrance.jpeg

So yes, asking if they want American care, few say they do. But then the riot and protest and go on strike, when they have their socialized care, while the poor and middle class suffer.

If your only argument is "they are not asking for our system", while you ignore the results of their system...... then you have no argument.

The article states it.

But because you're being obtuse (standard stuff for wingers), you'll pretend not to see that. No matter what. Period.

You have a tribe to protect. I get it. I just don't have to play the game.

No, Vichy Mac, you want a combination of Republican Economics with Democratic Social Policy, without understanding that the two don't go hand in hand.

The one thing I hope that Democrats SHOULD have learned from the ACA experience is that you can't trust big insurance. They've been pretty much trying to undermine ACA since day one after promising to play nice in order to avoid a public option most people would prefer.

So, anyone? What's the lie? And,no, mac's prior answer to this question -- merely reiterating the claim that someone is lying -- is not an actual answer.

Anyone?

I think Vichy Mac's position is because a writer from Slate still thinks that Medicare Part C should still be a thing, Democrats who argue for Single Payer or Medicare for All are being disingenous... I think.

It's kind of hard to follow his arguments, as they are often all over the map.

More "Medicare for All" lies:

House Democrats to release 'Medicare for All' bill — without a price tag

Only here they don't say "it won't actually be Medicare", they say "we're gonna TRANSFORM Medicare into something ELSE."

:laugh:

"The proposal calls for a two-year transformation of Medicare into a universal single-payer system, eliminating nearly all private health plans."

Last edited:
I'd love to meet the person who turns down Medicare in favor of buying a plan from Aetna or United,

You'd buy the plan from Aetna if you needed heart surgery and didn't want a Medicare Paki surgeon who may be secretly with the Taliban. The Medicaid doctors are newbies and old hacks who give you opioides for a hangnail. Forget the VA...I have full benefits and have never set foot in one of those hell-holes.

I'm amazed that Slate is still alive.....I posted in Ballot Box there from 2002 to 2013...got banned just short of 200 times...they finally gave up and marooned us from the rest of their chatrooms....those were the best times I ever had online.

"The proposal calls for a two-year transformation of Medicare into a universal single-payer system, eliminating nearly all private health plans."

That's awesome. Why do you think that's a bad thing?

Oh, that's right. Big Insurance won't get filthy rich. That's why you think it's a bad thing.
Lol
Only fucking control freaks would want to force everybody into the fucked up thing like single payer...
Millions of Americans want nothing to do with this socialized medicine/health care so shut the fuck up

Lol
Only fucking control freaks would want to force everybody into the fucked up thing like single payer...
Millions of Americans want nothing to do with this socialized medicine/health care so shut the fuck up

Millions of us want nothing to do with big insurance denying us coverage after we've paid premiums..

Single Payer works just fine in the rest of the world. It works just fine for medicare... people private insurance wouldn't touch because they are old and sick.

Forum List

Back