Size Matters (but not the way you think) Pickup Trucks

Pickup trucks.

Another thing I don’t get (along with tattoos and Facebook).

I mean why would anyone willingly drive a pickup truck (or any other gargantuan sized fuck you mobile) if they didn’t have to?
What cars can tow a 20' boat? Now you know why people need a pick up.
I guess you don't get boats either

Pickup trucks.

I mean why would anyone willingly drive a pickup truck (or any other gargantuan sized fuck you mobile) if they didn’t have to?
They are not cramped (like many cars), they are not wrong wheel drive. Cars will not carry lumber, drywall, paving stones, mulch, topsoil, landscaping timbers, or a motorcycle. A car will not tow a Bobcat.

Same reason some guys get super fast muscle cars and sports cars. They are either (a) having a midlife crisis, (b) compensating for some inadequacy, or (c) a combination of both.

But at least muscle cars and sports cars are fun to drive.

A pickup truck or giant SUV looks like it would be a pain in the ass to get around in.
My last pickup was smaller than the car that replaced it.

Pickup trucks.

Another thing I don’t get )along with tattoos and Facebook).

Same reason some guys get super fast muscle cars and sports cars. They are either (a) having a midlife crisis, (b) compensating for some inadequacy, or (c) a combination of both.

A pickup truck or giant SUV looks like it would be a pain in the ass to get around in.

I use my lifted truck for its purpose.
One which doesnt require lift...
View attachment 176280
View attachment 176283

Although this acces requires a lifted 4 wheel drive.
That boat looks like many cars could tow it.

Pickup trucks.

What cars can tow a 20' boat? Now you know why people need a pick up.
I guess you don't get boats either

Mine could.

My last pickup probably could not.

Pickup trucks.

Another thing I don’t get )along with tattoos and Facebook).

I use my lifted truck for its purpose.
One which doesnt require lift...
View attachment 176280
View attachment 176283

Although this acces requires a lifted 4 wheel drive.
That boat looks like many cars could tow it.

It's a twenty footer.
I used to tow it with the FJ and it was well within its load rating but it was white knuckle all the way.

A Truck with a 5.7 engine 399 hp and 400 lbs of torque is fun to drive trust me. And I can tow most loads and look down at chicks with seat belt boobs.
`
I go for torque myself. I bought a used 4WD Ford, diesel a few years ago It's a workhorse. It has a plow attachment and can tow heavy loads. I basically only use it during the winter. High maintenance costs.
`

I havve a 20' Center Console with a 150HP Merc and a 55 gallon gas tank.
Even fully loaded this was no problem for my old 1999 F150

A Truck with a 5.7 engine 399 hp and 400 lbs of torque is fun to drive trust me. And I can tow most loads and look down at chicks with seat belt boobs.
`
I go for torque myself. I bought a used 4WD Ford, diesel a few years ago It's a workhorse. It has a plow attachment and can tow heavy loads. I basically only use it during the winter. High maintenance costs.
`

I thought about a diesel before I bought the Tundra..
upload_2018-2-18_15-16-11.png

But I knew I wouldnt be towing more than 5k lbs and the performance is far better with gas than diesel unless you go hog wild with the mods.

`
I can legally and safely store 55 gal drums of diesel fuel on my property. I live in the sticks. Nearest gas station is 15 minutes away.....rural roads and highways. IIt's a lot more banged up than your picture. It has a crew cab. I use it transport my kids during the winter. Despite its looks, it's a good faithful workhorse. I don't know the size of the engine. (except that its big)

`
I can legally and safely store 55 gal drums of diesel fuel on my property. I live in the sticks. Nearest gas station is 15 minutes away.....rural roads and highways. IIt's a lot more banged up than your picture. It has a crew cab. I use it transport my kids during the winter. Despite its looks, it's a good faithful workhorse. I don't know the size of the engine. (except that its big)

Fifteen minutes?
That ain't the sticks!! :biggrin:

Fifteen minutes? That ain't the sticks!! :biggrin:
`
It's not the wilderness. I just live along an 8 mile stretch of secondary road which was originally built to give the farmers access to their fields during harvest season. Nearest gas for me is about 20 miles away. Times vary because of the season and road conditions.
`
`

Forum List

Back