Single Payer, Single Decider: UK Begins Rationing Healthcare

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
BMI over 30? Smoke? No healthcare for you.

Leftists will say, Well that's not me, those people had it coming.

Well, next month it will be BMI over 25 and have you ever smoked in your life. Then it will be have you ever had a BMI over 25 in your life and have you ever been within 20 feet of someone smoking. They will get to you eventually. That's why they call it a slippery slope.

BTW - BMI is crap. I'm 6-2 195 lbs. According to BMI I can lose 50 pounds and still be considered healthy. I'd be a stand in for the next Auschwitz movie.

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

What a comfort that one of the intellectual architects of Obamacare, Ezekiel "Mengele" Emanuel talked about "untermenschen"

"Ultimately, the complete lives system does not create 'classes of Untermenschen whose lives and well being are deemed not worth spending money on,' but rather empowers us to decide fairly whom to save when genuine scarcity makes saving everyone impossible.

Well, next month it will be BMI over 25 and have you ever smoked in your life. Then it will be have you ever had a BMI over 25 in your life and have you ever been within 20 feet of someone smoking. They will get to you eventually. That's why they call it a slippery slope.

BTW - BMI is crap. I'm 6-2 195 lbs. According to BMI I can lose 50 pounds and still be considered healthy. I'd be a stand in for the next Auschwitz movie.

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

th

Wait till they say if you're not an elite and over 60 there's no health care for you.

*****SMILE*****

:)

th

Wait till they say if you're not an elite and over 60 there's no health care for you.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Within 5 years those over 60 will be denied basic healthcare.

Last edited:
The British system isn't single-payer. Thread fail!!!
"Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations (as is the case in Canada) or may own and employ healthcare resources and personnel (as is the case in the United Kingdom)."

"The National Health Service (NHS) is the publicly funded national healthcare system for England and one of the four National Health Services of the United Kingdom. It is the largest and the oldest single-payer healthcare system in the world."

"Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations (as is the case in Canada) or may own and employ healthcare resources and personnel (as is the case in the United Kingdom)."
"The National Health Service (NHS) is the publicly funded national healthcare system for England and one of the four National Health Services of the United Kingdom. It is the largest and the oldest single-payer healthcare system in the world."
It's not the same single-payer as Canada, the system most often pointed to as a model for the U.S. I disagree with your cite. I'd call the British system single-provider.

It's not the same single-payer as Canada, the system most often pointed to as a model for the U.S. I disagree with your cite. I'd call the British system single-provider.
Oh Canada!

The Canadian Patients’ Remedy for Health Care: Go to America!

More Canadians seek health care outside Canada, report says

Why did John McCain not go to the VA if government run healthcare is so good? He would have had to pay nothing.
You'll have to ask him. It's irrelevant because the British system isn't single-payer, it's single provider. I prefer the former not the latter and don't consider the systems equivalent, regardless of what some may say.

Oh Canada! The Canadian Patients’ Remedy for Health Care: Go to America!
Myths!!!

5 Myths About Canadian Health Care - AARP

Myths!!!

AARP! :happy-1::lol::lmao:

Canadian Politician Comes to U.S. for Heart Surgery

Why did John McCain not go to the VA if government run healthcare is so good? He would have had to pay nothing.
You'll have to ask him. It's irrelevant because the British system isn't single-payer, it's single provider. I prefer the former not the latter and don't consider the systems equivalent, regardless of what some may say.
Irrelevant. It is not a free market system and imposes government mandates that people must die.

Myths!!!

Oh Canada!

Where waiting 182 days for a hip replacement is considered a goal to obtain!

https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/2015 Wait Time Report VP Approved_EN.pdf

How do Canada's hospital wait times fare with other countries?

Canada ranked last among OECD countries in health care wait times

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...ada-healthcare-is-inferior-to-american-system

If Universal Health Care Is The Goal, Don't Copy Canada

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/canada-wait-times-deadly-and-take-longer-than-ever/

Forum List

Back