Bernie Sanders Wants To Help the American People With Prescription Drug Costs

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Sanders current fight, which would also really help overall healthcare costs and make Obamacare less expensive, is to make drug manufacturers charge less for drugs that they get a patent for that is developed by the U.S. government or through a U.S. university that developed the drug using tax payer money through grants. That to me seems like common sense that it should be that way, and a healthcare company should be able to just have the ability to price gouge the American people on a product that was developed by using American tax dollars.

Of course the two faced asshole with no integrity wants to MAKE them.
The market would take care of it ifself if the government wasnt such a bureaucracy. The Fed govt is WHY they are so high.
Medicare cant negotiate price
"orphan drugs"
FDA raising development costs. In the last 15 years, because of new regulations, development costs have risen like 70%. Development costs are the biggest cost of drugs.
The market needs to be CONSUMER driven.
So short sighted and lazy.

The market would take care of it ifself if the government wasnt such a bureaucracy. The Fed govt is WHY they are so high.
"orphan drugs"
FDA raising development costs. In the last 15 years, because of new regulations, development costs have risen like 70%. Development costs are the biggest cost of drugs.

^ This!

Mods close this thread!!

"orphan drugs"

Once again you didn't watch the fucking video. How th fuck is he 2 faced? Can you prove he takes money from drug companies? In the video it talks about the fact that many representatives don't want to vote for his bill because drug companies donate more money to representatives that big oil and other companies.

Seriously... fuck all you people that run into threads only reading the title and don't take the few minutes to watch the video provided. You're fucking lack of patience and the laziness to read just the headline and maybe a few sentences of things is a large problem with this country and why so many are misinformed.

In exchange for an exorbitant fee, Bernie will let the government use one of his summer homes to store the drugs

In exchange for an exorbitant fee, Bernie will let the government use one of his summer homes to store the drugs

That has nothing to do with this thread, and a person making $200,000 a year is certainly allowed to buy a $500,000 house. A $500,000 these days is nothing, they are all over the place.

Sanders wants to help the American people? Cuz Republicans don't. A policy of "let them die" doesn't seem very helpful.

Get generic. Dirt cheap and just as good

Not every drug has a generic and many times a company can't make a generic version until after several years when the original patent runs out. In the video they talk about the contracts with the U.S. government and drug manufacturers and how the manufacturers want an exclusive rights contract so that they are the only ones that can make the drug.

"orphan drugs"

Once again you didn't watch the fucking video. How th fuck is he 2 faced? Can you prove he takes money from drug companies? In the video it talks about the fact that many representatives don't want to vote for his bill because drug companies donate more money to representatives that big oil and other companies.

Seriously... fuck all you people that run into threads only reading the title and don't take the few minutes to watch the video provided. You're fucking lack of patience and the laziness to read just the headline and maybe a few sentences of things is a large problem with this country and why so many are misinformed.
His being a two face has nothing to with this video. Its just the way he is.
It is a NEEDLESS bill. Govt is choking the life out of the prices. They are a fucking bureaucracy. THEY are the problem.
Read WTF i wrote, nutcase.

Not every drug has a generic and many times a company can't make a generic version until after several years when the original patent runs out. In the video they talk about the contracts with the U.S. government and drug manufacturers and how the manufacturers want an exclusive rights contract so that they are the only ones that can make the drug.
Patents are constitutionally granted. Holy shit batman

Many drugs are being developed by universities using FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS or buy places like the military using FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS... companies shouldn't be allowed to take drugs that have been developed by the federal government, and then price gouge the American people. It's fucking common sense, and I can see you still didn't watch the video.

Many drugs are being developed by universities using FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS or buy places like the military using FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS... companies shouldn't be allowed to take drugs that have been developed by the federal government, and then price gouge the American people. It's fucking common sense, and I can see you still didn't watch the video.
I get what yall are saying. I am just pointing out that thing you fucking hate; The Constitution.
Federal Grants are Constitutional. Patents are Constitutional. Which one do you sacrifice for short sightedness?
Congress has the power to regulate Federal grants. Why not regulate it like that?
No i didnt watch that asswipe talk. I did, however, read the bill.

Exception, not the rule

I get what yall are saying. I am just pointing out that thing you fucking hate; The Constitution.
Federal Grants are Constitutional. Patents are Constitutional. Which one do you sacrifice for short sightedness?
Congress has the power to regulate Federal grants. Why not regulate it like that?

It has nothing to do with the patents and everything to do with the contracts between the government and universities that give the patents to the drug companies.

Exception, not the rule

No that's how it works. Other companies can not make a generic version of a drug until the patent runs out.

Exception, not the rule

No that's how it works. Other companies can not make a generic version of a drug until the patent runs out.
Which is the right thing to do.

Sanders current fight, which would also really help overall healthcare costs and make Obamacare less expensive, is to make drug manufacturers charge less for drugs that they get a patent for that is developed by the U.S. government or through a U.S. university that developed the drug using tax payer money through grants. That to me seems like common sense that it should be that way, and a healthcare company should be able to just have the ability to price gouge the American people on a product that was developed by using American tax dollars.

Google Hugo Chaves.

It has nothing to do with the patents and everything to do with the contracts between the government and universities that give the patents to the drug companies.
Then if they are being funded with grants, why cant congress put a clause in the contract that controls price? Then, you could MAKE them and it be constitutional.

Forum List

Back