Since the "Arab Spring" Christians are becoming "UNinvented"

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
The rise of Islamist movements in countries swept by the Arab revolutions has sent shudders through the region's Christians who fear for their survival and question the future make-up of the Middle East.
The number of Iraqi Christians currently stands at about 400,000, from an estimated 800,000-1.2 million before the 2003 US-led invasion.

In Egypt, the Christian Coptic community has also been the target of sectarian attacks.

And in Syria there are fears among the Christian minority that Islamic extremists could rise to power should the regime of Bashar al-Assad collapse.

The Christian communities' fears are fed by the fact that while the Arab revolts that began a year ago initially appeared to be largely secular in character, that has changed as Islamist parties gradually came to the forefront, winning elections in Tunisia and Egypt.

In Libya, the new rulers said the country would make Islamic sharia law the main source of legislation.

Lebanon is the only Arab country where Christians still play a key role in politics.

The community over the years has nonetheless dwindled and currently represents an estimated 34 percent of the population of four million, as opposed to more than half in the 1940s.

"The revolutions in Arab countries have driven the Islamists to power," said Farzat, a 55-year-old Syrian engineer who asked his last name not be used.

"In 20 years at the utmost there won't be any Christians left in Syria," he predicted, reflecting the concerns of many fellow Christians in the region.

Yes there is currently a massive Genocide going on in these Muslim Nations. They are systematically liquidating Christians. And shame our own nation and the UN for turning a blind eye. It's very sad.

In a few decades there will hardly be any Christians left in the Middle East, just like there are hardly any Jews left there anymore except for Israel.

"At the present rate, the Middle East's 12 million Christians will likely drop to 6 million in the year 2020. With time, Christians will effectively disappear from the region as a cultural and political force." ....said Daniel Pipes

Newt Gingrich blames Obama for an "anti-Christian Spring" in the Middle East....he said...

“This is why the current strategy in the Middle East is such a total grotesque failure...People say, ‘Oh, isn’t this great, we’re having an Arab Spring.’ Well, I don’t know, I think we may in fact be having an anti-Christian spring. I think people should take this pretty soberly.”

Read more: Gingrich blames Obama for 'anti-Christian spring' in Middle East

Who said the uprisings in the middle east were secular?

Someone dreamed that one up without any basis in reality.

there are some who would have a secular government that would allow for both Christians and Muslims to coexist.....however democratic elections do not necessarily mean democratic government.....especially not when Muslims gain control...

there are some who would have a secular government that would allow for both Christians and Muslims to coexist.....however democratic elections do not necessarily mean democratic government.....especially not when Muslims gain control...

Out of all the Muslim countries in the world, I would like to see at least one that treats Muslims and Christians the same, but I haven't heard of one yet.

I really never believed that the movements were secular, as Islam is a religion that totally dominates most aspects of its adherent's lives.

Out of all the Muslim countries in the world, I would like to see at least one that treats Muslims and Christians the same, but I haven't heard of one yet.

There isn't one. Islam and democracy are pretty much incompatible in the long run.

There isn't one. Islam and democracy are pretty much incompatible in the long run.

The biggest problem I see is that Islam is not just a religion to its followers, in predominantly Islamic countries Islamic rule is followed in every aspect of daily life whether it be personal, private, business, financial etc, its not like the West where Church and State are separate, Mosque and state can never be separate in those countries.

The biggest problem I see is that Islam is not just a religion to its followers, in predominantly Islamic countries Islamic rule is followed in every aspect of daily life whether it be personal, private, business, financial etc, its not like the West where Church and State are separate, Mosque and state can never be separate in those countries.

Yep- that's what I'm talking about. Church and state are virtually inseparable.

The rise of Islamist movements in countries swept by the Arab revolutions has sent shudders through the region's Christians who fear for their survival and question the future make-up of the Middle East.
The number of Iraqi Christians currently stands at about 400,000, from an estimated 800,000-1.2 million before the 2003 US-led invasion.

In Egypt, the Christian Coptic community has also been the target of sectarian attacks.

And in Syria there are fears among the Christian minority that Islamic extremists could rise to power should the regime of Bashar al-Assad collapse.

The Christian communities' fears are fed by the fact that while the Arab revolts that began a year ago initially appeared to be largely secular in character, that has changed as Islamist parties gradually came to the forefront, winning elections in Tunisia and Egypt.

In Libya, the new rulers said the country would make Islamic sharia law the main source of legislation.

Lebanon is the only Arab country where Christians still play a key role in politics.

The community over the years has nonetheless dwindled and currently represents an estimated 34 percent of the population of four million, as opposed to more than half in the 1940s.

"The revolutions in Arab countries have driven the Islamists to power," said Farzat, a 55-year-old Syrian engineer who asked his last name not be used.

"In 20 years at the utmost there won't be any Christians left in Syria," he predicted, reflecting the concerns of many fellow Christians in the region.

You know I hate to say this but Christians living in muslim countries are doomed. Eventually they will all either be driven out or killed. That is a simple fact. Were I a Christian, living in any muslim country, I would be getting my family and myself the hell out.

I'm all for history but their time in that region has passed.

And you never will.

You know I hate to say this but Christians living in muslim countries are doomed. Eventually they will all either be driven out or killed. That is a simple fact. Were I a Christian, living in any muslim country, I would be getting my family and myself the hell out.

I'm all for history but their time in that region has passed.

Absolutely, if I were a Christian living there I would be working on getting the fuck out too, and many of them are doing so. The writing is on the wall, and the genie is out of the bottle.

When the people become so wicked as to eliminate the righteous from among them whether through exile or murder, that people will soon be destroyed.

When the people become so wicked as to eliminate the righteous from among them whether through exile or murder, that people will soon be destroyed.

So long as there are righteous left to do the destroying. As it stands now, they havn't a prayer.

So long as there are righteous left to do the destroying. As it stands now, they havn't a prayer.

The righteous don't do the destroying. The wicked destroy themselves and each other.

The righteous don't do the destroying.
The wicked destroy themselves and each other.
Well, frankly, they've been giving it hell over there for hundreds of years- hasn't seemed to work yet, lol. ;)

Forum List

Back