Silencing Abortion Protesters: Should the time fit the crime?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Dante, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    I'd say a relatively light sentence should be the punishment---the time spent in jail, when a citizen is found guilty of silencing hateful protesters who poison the minds of little children. Do you know what I am talking about?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/12/us/12slay.html

2. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Did anyone else find it funny when the pro-lifer called him quiet and unassuming, yet police said "He tended to carry big signs with very graphic pictures of fetuses." and that he's protested multiple times?

Anyway the murderer seems mentally unstable and since he also killed someone unrelated I doubt it was entirely abortion related.

Oh and no I do not think this man should get a light sentence for this murder.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    Ya be outraged and defiant that some doctor was murdered and demand the highest price, but hey this guy was just a protester, fuck him, right? Now where is Jillian to tell us how both sides oppose murder and mayhem?

And your opinion is just that JUST an opinion. Millions disagree with your opinion, but you do not mind if they get murdered, right? Unbelievable. You are one sick puppy.

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    sounds like these pro lifers ...like 9/11 truthers or returning vets ..are without question a domestic terror threat...when does the TV movie of the week come out on this story ??

5. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    This guy killed two people, this abortion protester, and a grocer. He should spend the rest of his life in prison! How can you say "a light jail sentence"? Did you even read the article you posted???

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    woof!

facts is I can't stand bigots and haters. too bad a mentally unstable guy had to go and kill one, but hey...thin the herd:eusa_whistle:

7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    some people might say as the pro lifers do about murderers that a public service was done. Ever hear of Randal Terry?

you people completely missed the point---as usual.

mani was right about you. :lol:

8. Ryan

Ryan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yeah it sure is a shame that the "pro-lifers" aren't as consistent as you are on your 'pro-death' kick.

9. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I'm pro choice...not pro death. Hence my complaint againt your vying for a light sentence.. LOL

The only point I seemed to miss there was that apparently you have a very long history of being far more pro death than pro life!

Allow me to illustrate my point here- I am pro choice- which does not make me pro abortion. To use these inappropriate and vastly oversimplified labels on people reduces them all to this, which I will now provide in a listed format:

Pro-Life- A person who wants everyone to live forever and ever and never die- and all sperm to be made into people, and all eggs to be fertilized as a female baby-oven's reproductive timeline will allow. One who is not against welfare and public support for low income and child borne families (because they dont want to see people starve to death- or they would not be pro life, now would they?) These people do exist, however rare- and only very rarely do they play an active voice in the abortion/welfare debate.

Anti-abortion- A person who is against abortion, abortifacient contraceptives, certain contraceptives that can cause tearing in the uterine and fallopian walls, which may lead to a person even having the choice between a life saving abortion and their own demise (of course an anti abortionist will be adamantly against the life saving abortion, still), men who sit in hot tubs or wear athletic supporters while trying to conceive, as this excessive heat may cause damage to the DNA structure of the sperm, causing possible miscarriages or again, the need to choose between an abortion and a severely handicapped child (this applies to pro life too, although pro lifers and anti abortionists would clearly be more inclined to force the family to birth and raise the handicapped child, and the anti abortionist would be totally okay if the mother died during a difficult birthing process- while the pro lifer would prefer that the mother be kept alive as well as the child, by any means possible) These people do exist, and represent the majority of the people who commonly and erroneously refer to themselves as "pro life".

Pro abortion- these are people who want none other than for every single pregnancy that is not planned or is not timed right, or has any problems or is at any point just no longer wanted, to be terminated, thus ending our stint then formerly known as "humankind" here on earth. Clearly these people do not really exist, lol..

Pro Choice- WE are the people who LIKE that American women have the freedom to make decisions regarding their own bodies and all the happenings within them. We do not judge people based on what time of day they had sex, where, with whom, or for what reason. We do not judge people because they are not married. We recognize that many couples who are unmarried are having families, willingly. We also recognize that there are many couples who are up to their eyeballs in debt and who do not want any more children. We also think that adoption is a healthy choice to make, and we always hope that the person who makes their decision weighs out all of the pros and cons before committing to it. We see having children as being less of a Gift TO us, and more of a Gift FROM us, to the child. We see childbearing and parenting as a very serious responsibility filled with plenty of ups and downs, rather than being some "wonderous reward" from the heavens. WE understand that all females can DEFINITELY reproduce from the moment they begin menstruation until they are menopausal. WE know that this "period", excuse the pun, lasts women for anywhere between 25-35 years, and we do not place such high expectations of sexual gatekeeping on women, much less on the effectiveness of even long term, or even "permanent" birth control methods.
    WE represent the majority. The majority DOES understand that being raped (for instance) is considered valid grounds for an abortion. The majority DOES understand that incest, and life threatening labor or pregnancy is also valid for pregnancy termination.
    WE also understand that a killer is a killer, and should be punished and have his freedoms taken away for not respecting the very SANE people who walk into abortion clinics, every day of every year, to manage their very real and very understandable (by the vast majority) problem.

And that, my friend- is where YOU missed the point... and the bus. :clap2:

10. Megan_Fad

Megan_Fad Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Actually, you missed something here...that being that you should not pretend to speak for everyone who identifies themselves with the aforementioned groups. You have some very specific criteria listed above that not everyone who affiliates themselves with these groups will agree with. For instance, I happen to know some "pro-choice" people who DO judge people that have sex and are not married and have many other "judgmental" ideas. The idea I guess is they are all for choice on the abortion issue, but not on certain others.

Also you say that "pro-abortion" people do not exist by your above criteria, however I can most likely dig up a misanthrope or two would say they agree with your statement and consider themselves "pro-abortion" by your definition.

One thing you forgot however is to mention that although "pro-choice" people support all the choices you listed, the one choice they do not support is women making the choice to simply be born once conceived. Although the "post-birth" woman has the right to say "my body, may choice", the "pre-birth" woman has no say whatsoever over her body and is at the mercy of women who for the most part only see abortion as typical contraception, yet chose to throw arguments of rape and life and death in the faces of everyone else in an effort to legitimize their selfish "choice" of simply "erasing their mistake".

Oh yeah, you also forgot to mention the group of people who understand and support the idea of abortion for rape and medically confirmed life and death situations, but don't support it as an alternative for every day common sense, maturity, responsibility or contraceptive.

And before you start in on me about the whole "unwanted children and welfare" side of that argument, let me just say right now that no, I do not have all the answers to give you on a silver platter but I don't think that I have to have to have all the answers to know that some "choices" are just not right on a fundamental level. Perhaps if some irresponsible women couldn't just "erase their mistakes", they would have been forced to come up with the right answers by now. Then again maybe not. I am still in high school and haven't figured everything out yet like you have, so oh well..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009