Shufat residents protest home demolitions, clash with police

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Shufat residents protest home demolitions, clash with police

JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- "Clashes broke out in East Jerusalem late Friday between Israeli police and young Palestinian men protesting against home demolitions, witnesses told Ma'an.Israeli police fired tear gas grenades, sound bombs, and rubber bullets at demonstrators gathered near the checkpoint at the entrance of Shufat refugee camp, locals said.Witnesses added that some of the protestors broke through the checkpoint, throwing a Molotov cocktail and burning car tires.Israeli police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld told Ma'an that he had not received reports of the incident.On Thursday, Israeli municipality officials issued demolition orders for the homes of over 15,000 Palestinians in the nearby East Jerusalem neighborhoods of Ras Khamis and Ras Shahada.Shufat is the only Palestinian refugee camp within the municipal boundaries of Jerusalem and is administered by the UN agency for Palestinian refugees.In December 2011, Israeli authorities instated at the entrance of the camp a checkpoint which limits the access of Shufat's 45,000 residents to the rest of Jerusalem."

Shufat residents protest home demolitions, clash with police | Maan News Agency

Ethnic cleansing in East Jerusalem continues.

Blatant ethnic cleansing is on display here.

What the US should do is say we immediately halt all US aid until Israel withdraws completely from the Occupied Territories.

Enough is enough of these crimes against humanity in Palestine.

Quite sad.

Y'know- it's curious that ignore list of yours. Ignoring adversaries is fruitless. Confronting them shows courage.

When 99% of all that comes out of their hate filled Zionist mouths is personal insults, it is not worth a response. Obviously, the personal insults are just attempts to divert from discussing Israels human rights abuses.

As we sit here, thousands in East Jerusalem are being ethnically cleansed from their homes, given demolition notices and face homelessness, so their land can be converted into new homes for more illegal settlers.

And all certain Zionists here do is call posters discussing this names.

Fuck them!

Quite sad.

Y'know- it's curious that ignore list of yours. Ignoring adversaries is fruitless. Confronting them shows courage.

When 99% of all that comes out of their hate filled Zionist mouths is personal insults, it is not worth a response. Obviously, the personal insults are just attempts to divert from discussing Israels human rights abuses.

As we sit here, thousands in East Jerusalem are being ethnically cleansed from their homes, given demolition notices and face homelessness, so their land can be converted into new homes for more illegal settlers.

Fuck them!

Please tell me you see the irony here

Quite sad.

Fuck them!

Are you saying you are just like them?

Fuck them!

I was wondering why Lipush isn't on your ignore list.
Take a chill pill. They beat up on me too. Ain't no thang.

Fuck them!

All I'm saying is- when you point a blaming finger on us, four fingers are pointing back at you

There, there, ((((((( Lipush)))))) - remember that you've a couple of the guys around here trailing after you, pathetically trying to get your attention with their trolling.

Mr H: Have you told another poster "Better had you never been born, than to be raised by Zionists?" Or have you attacked a poster who had a miscarriage with "You killed your own baby: that's the sort of thing Zionists do"?

Unless you've posted that kind of stuff to others, I doubt anyone posting in this forum 'beats up' on you.......

There are a lot worse things than simply calling someone else names.

Quite sad.

Fuck them!

What an example for a "Christian." Guess that's what posting 30 consecutive hours without letup will do to you. Your obsession with Jews will be your ruin.

Blatant ethnic cleansing is on display here.

What the US should do is say we immediately halt all US aid until Israel withdraws completely from the Occupied Territories.

Enough is enough of these crimes against humanity in Palestine.

What I see is a single-source report which is very incomplete. There is no context of why any actions were taken, and even the account points out that the IDF spokesperson stated he'd not received any report on the alleged incident. So I'd say it's unconfirmed.

Too many times in the past, Ma'an's reports have turned out to be inaccurate, or to be missing rather important facts. It may be that they have difficulty gaining access within Israel for their reporters, or there may be other factors. Regardless, I can see no reason to immediately jump and run because of a PARTIAL report on an alleged incident.

Aren't there 'checkpoints' at the gates of Palestinian refugee camps in Syria, Egypt, Jordan, etc? If that's OK - then why a commotion over the same arrangement in Israel? None of those places are 'Palestine'......

"Palestinian leaders have accused Israel of dealing a “direct blow” to peace efforts after Israeli municipal authorities in Jerusalem decided to allocate more than £11m for the expansion of a settlement in East Jerusalem, which Palestinians see as their future capital."

"The decision to fund infrastructure for 1,600 units at Ramat Shlomo settlement, situated on land expropriated from Palestinians, was taken on Sunday evening during a meeting of the Jerusalem municipality finance committee. At the same meeting, the municipality decided to join Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office and Israel’s tourism ministry in allocating a total of £3.6m to the City of David National Park, an archaeological site that dovish Israelis view as the spearhead of an effort to transform the Palestinian neighbourhood of Silwan in East Jerusalem into a Jewish areaHanan Ashrawi, a spokeswoman for the PLO, said that plans to expand Ramat Shlomo “are a continuation of Israel’s policy of carrying out a flagrant ethnic cleansing of East Jerusalem, are a total disregard of US Secretary of State John Kerry’s initiative and a direct blow to peace.”An official in Mr Netanyahu’s office disputed this. He claimed that Ramat Shlomo would be under Israeli rule in any peace agreement.“It is time we had a more sensible discussion about building in Jerusalem,” he said.Yonatan Mizrachi, head of the Emek Shaveh organisation of dovish Israeli archaeologists, criticised the City of David move. “The funding means that the government views this as part of Israel…” he said. “There is a gap between what Israel is saying, that ‘we’re negotiating’, and what it is doing...."

'Israel's ethnic cleansing in Jerusalem is a direct blow to peace efforts' say Palestinian leaders - Middle East - World - The Independent

UN expert highlights worsening human rights situation in East Jerusalem

21 March 2011 – An independent United Nations expert today raised the alarm on what he called the “intensifying” deterioration of human rights in East Jerusalem, including the forced eviction of Palestinians from their homes and continued Israeli settlement expansion.“The continued pattern of settlement expansion in East Jerusalem combined with forcible eviction of long residing Palestinians are creating an intolerable situation that can only be described, in its cumulative impact, as a form of ethnic cleansing,”*warned*Richard Falk, the Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories.Presenting his latest report to the UN Human Rights Council, Mr. Falk said that, over the years, Israel has taken measures to irreversibly alter the demographic composition of the occupied part of Jerusalem.

United Nations News Centre - UN expert highlights worsening human rights situation in East Jerusalem

I was wondering why Lipush isn't on your ignore list.

Wondered about that one too.

I aint cool enough, I guess

Me too.... (sniff, sniff). I feel so.... so.... abandoned!

If you get added to the Sherri sh*t list, may I use you as a reference?

Notice who is #1 on her list? She knows I've got her pegged as a Jew hating terrorist loving Palestinian propagandist!

Forum List

Back