Shrimp on the barby?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
I been wanting to experiment with barbequing shrimp, I did this for the first time yesterday and put some garlic salt on it, when it was done I served it over with rice with pico del gallo and hot sauce with a salad, also had barbequed chicken with it it was very delicious, anyone got any recipes or advice on barbequing the shrimp?

Use those sticks that are used for shish-ka-bobs -
Put some veggies on there too - peppers, tomato, onion -
also put some stew beef on there (surf/turf)
Salt and pepper - turn frequently.

Thanks for the dinner idea!!!!

Use those sticks that are used for shish-ka-bobs -
Put some veggies on there too - peppers, tomato, onion -
also put some stew beef on there (surf/turf)
Salt and pepper - turn frequently.

Thanks for the dinner idea!!!!

That sounds like a great idea for the shrimp, thanks! :thup:

Make sure the shrimp are already dead before you put them on the grill. Screaming shrimp are hard on the ears...

This.... yum.

Honey Srimp
Marinade
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons Italian-style salad dressing

1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached

To baste
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
skewers

Do it like this:

mix together garlic powder, black pepper, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce, wine, and salad dressing; add shrimp, and toss.

Cover, stick 'em in the fridge for an hour.

Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Throw leftover marinade away.

Stir together honey, melted butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.

Throw 'em on the BBQ, just for a couple of minutes per side, basting with the above as they cook.

This.... yum.

Honey Srimp
Marinade

To baste
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
skewers

Do it like this:

mix together garlic powder, black pepper, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce, wine, and salad dressing; add shrimp, and toss.

Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Throw leftover marinade away.

Stir together honey, melted butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.

Throw 'em on the BBQ, just for a couple of minutes per side, basting with the above as they cook.

This sounds absolutely delicious CG, makes my mouth water.:eusa_drool:

This.... yum.

Honey Srimp
Marinade

To baste
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
skewers

Do it like this:

Oh, and if you use wood skewers, soak them in water, then spear the shrimp... then they won't burn on the BBQ.

Enjoy

This.... yum.

Honey Srimp
Marinade

To baste
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
skewers

Do it like this:

Oh, and if you use wood skewers, soak them in water, then spear the shrimp... then they won't burn on the BBQ.

Enjoy

I like your recipe because the ingredients sound simple enough, can find them pretty much in every store, thanks!:clap2:

I know you asked specifically about grilling, and you've received some great suggestions. While on the topic of shrimp I thought I'd throw this one out there. Great in foil on the grill and perfect with leftover pasta that needs to be used up.

Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
(ps - i love pioneer woman)

Looks good Kiki, thanks. :thup:

This.... yum.

Honey Srimp
Marinade

To baste
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
skewers

Do it like this:

Enjoy

Cooking shrimp for me has always been a problem. I guess they are cooked when they turn pink, but mine seem to come out hard.

Last edited:

Enjoy

I like your recipe because the ingredients sound simple enough, can find them pretty much in every store, thanks!:clap2:

Wood skewers need to be soaked a minimum of 1/2 hour before throwing on grill, I'd recommend an hour. If you are combining beef tidbits, I'd go metal, unless you really like raw/rare beef with cooked shrimp.

Enjoy

Wood skewers need to be soaked a minimum of 1/2 hour before throwing on grill, I'd recommend an hour. If you are combining beef tidbits, I'd go metal, unless you really like raw/rare beef with cooked shrimp.

Thanks for the advice Annie.

Forum List

Back