Should We Jack The Debt Limit ?

In order to stop the increase in debt you would have to cut the federal budget across the board by 40%, because that's how much of our spending is currently being borrowed.

As appealing as the idea of a 40% cut in defense spending is, I don't think such cuts are feasible.

Anyone advocating a mass default on our financial obligations is retarded.

We wouldn't be here if Reid and Obama did budgets, of course.

Reid and Obama don't do budgets.
Im sure they do in their personal lives.

In order to stop the increase in debt you would have to cut the federal budget across the board by 40%, because that's how much of our spending is currently being borrowed.

As appealing as the idea of a 40% cut in defense spending is, I don't think such cuts are feasible.

Did the Ryan budget avoid any further raising of the debt ceiling?

Let me help you.

'No.'

And crashing the economy through continued borrowing, and spending is what?

The Reagan, Bush, and Bush presidencies?

lol

Im sure they do in their personal lives.

Of course. It is a fiscal disaster to go without a plan.

Serious cuts across the board, no exceptions. 40% too much at once? Then work your way up to that with smaller % over a longer period ... but keep cutting. Just because it can't be done all at once does not mean it can't be done. Use those savings to pay down the debt, not to spend on more things.

Taxes will have to be raised but only after serious spending has happened (otherwise spending cuts won't happen).

Debt ceiling? Peachy. How about a spending ceiling? Uncle, you get xxx per year to spend and that's it. Find a way to live within your means,damnit.

16T and some believe we don't have a spending problem? :rolleyes:

Serious cuts across the board, no exceptions. 40% too much at once? Then work your way up to that with smaller % over a longer period ... but keep cutting. Just because it can't be done all at once does not mean it can't be done. Use those savings to pay down the debt, not to spend on more things.

Taxes will have to be raised but only after serious spending has happened (otherwise spending cuts won't happen).

Debt ceiling? Peachy. How about a spending ceiling? Uncle, you get xxx per year to spend and that's it. Find a way to live within your means,damnit.

PAYGO was working in the nineties. Bush and the Republican Congress abandoned it as soon as they got into power.

Did the Ryan budget avoid any further raising of the debt ceiling?

Let me help you.

'No.'

You aren't bright, but then again, you are a liberal.

A budget resolution, required by law but ignored by Harry Reid, would address the requisite need to raise the debt ceiling if necessary as would any final reconciliation in the House.

Let me try again in the smallest words possible for you, tard.

If Harry Reid does budgets as required by law, the debt ceiling is not a crisis every year.

Hope that helps.

lol
Explain - Obama is president, and we haven't crashed yet? Are you being facitious - congradulations you have been placed on my ignore list :clap2:

PAYGO was working in the nineties. Bush and the Republican Congress abandoned it as soon as they got into power.

Oh please. The fact that they even had to enact something called PayGo in the first place tells you how inept congress is at managing money. Obama called for PayGo to be reinstated (restored?), which it was in 2010. How'd that work out for the Dem controlled congress then and for the mixed congress now? Talk is cheap.

They're all crooks who don't give a shit about Joe Taxpayer and wouldn't know how to live within their means if it was written up in a 'The Dummies Guide: How Government Can Live Within Its Means' handbook. They should all be fired and replaced with common sense people who actually know how the buck works and where the bucks stop.

I don't often agree with Obama on anything but I agree 100% with this statement from him in 2009: "Paying for what you spend is basic common sense. Perhaps that’s why, here in Washington, it has been so elusive". D'oh! TPTB in DC are a bunch of freaking morons who are running the U.S. into the ground.

Last edited:
If Obama, and Reid remains obstinate on spending cuts, should the House block a debt cieling
raise - we are on a unsustainable coarse ?

Is it a requirement for modern day conservatives to be either barely literate and/or completely lazy?
Man my ignore list is growing fast - a trifling answer gets you there
quick. I pursue honest debate for constructive change.

LMAO. Sure you do dude, sure you do.

The debt ceiling is a no brainer. Congress agreed to borrow and spend the money. They can't then decide not to pay the bills that are coming due as some sort of punishment.
That wouldn't be constructive at all.

lol
Explain - Obama is president, and we haven't crashed yet? Are you being facitious - congradulations you have been placed on my ignore list :clap2:

Well fuk it dude. Just put us all on ignore and talk to your hand.:clap2: But in case you missed it, Obama is Pres. no crash has occurred (but Rethugs are working hard to fix that)
And in 2014, rethugs will be punished for what they are doing right now. Especially if they cause another recession.

That was funny about Bush, reagan and Bush. Didn't you think so?

The Reagan, Bush, and Bush presidencies?[/SIZE]lol

Well fuk it dude. Just put us all on ignore and talk to your hand.:clap2: But in case you missed it, Obama is Pres. no crash has occurred (but Rethugs are working hard to fix that)
And in 2014, rethugs will be punished for what they are doing right now. Especially if they cause another recession.

That was funny about Bush, reagan and Bush. Didn't you think so?
The bright side for me is to see all you liberal asshole suffer with the rest of us - you reap what you so! Most of us have sowed a big pile of shit with Obamaturd. You liberals are some sick fucking people.
You think the debt does't mean shit. You don't know how the economy works - and you don't give a fuck as long as you get your checks. For the record - I think Bush was a big piece of shit on the economy too.

um dude Bush crashed the world economhy NOT Obama

Prove it with FACTS.
Look, I don't care who caused what when. You liberals want to complicate the issue. I'll say again - fuck Bush; his fiscal management sucked!
These are simple questions. The debt is on a trajectory to destroy us; there is no antidote in sight. Should we refuse to raise the debt ceiling before we collapse? What amount of debt should we reach befote we take that messure. If you are too partisan; or stupid to give a cogent, and direct answer - don't.

um dude Bush crashed the world economhy NOT Obama

Prove it with FACTS.
Look, I don't care who caused what when. You liberals want to complicate the issue. I'll say again - fuck Bush; his fiscal management sucked!
These are simple questions. The debt is on a trajectory to destroy us; there is no antidote in sight. Should we refuse to raise the debt ceiling before we collapse? What amount of debt should we reach befote we take that messure. If you are too partisan; or stupid to give a cogent, and direct answer - don't.

Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking. I'm not a liberal.

Prove it with FACTS.

Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking. I'm not a liberal.
I don't know what you call yourself , but you will be ignored!

If Obama, and Reid remains obstinate on spending cuts, should the House block a debt cieling
raise - we are on a unsustainable course ?

If the fiscally liberal GOP remains obstinate on Defense cuts and refuses to return to pre-war levels, and insists on war level spending as far into the forseeable future as they can, should we raise the debt ceiling so we can borrow money from China to pay for all that? Are we on an unsustainable course?

v8mr2a.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back