Should We Hit North Korea With An EMP?

This isn't "policing the world" this is retaliating against an act of state sponsored terror. Huge difference. They're not in the stone age like so many morons on this thread have been saying, but we should put them there. Can they retaliate with an EMP against us? Not if they can't even communicate with their own satellites. Yeah, they have those. Not so unsophisticated after all.

I don't expect you to read the whole thread, so I'll re-cap.

Yes, it is policing the world because Sony is a Japanese company. If it were an American company, then I am behind retaliation. But retaliating for foreign companies against foreign countries is certainly policing the world. My philosophy if it were an American company is to retaliate 10 times over.
Then you should be on board with this. And by the way this is my thread so of course I read it all.

Sony's assets are almost all here and they pay monstrous taxes on the business they do here. The threat was made on US operations, releasing a movie in American theaters. This in every way was an attack on an American business.

OK, but you seemed to not know what my position was, I've said it several times. And obviously we agree on most things. But no with this I'm not on board, it's a Japanese company. That we allow our neighbor's kids to eat dinner with us any time they want, every night if choose, doesn't mean that we're responsible for their college tuition. This is Japan's responsibility. Of course I would support them, but I would not do it for them.
There's some kind of disconnect here. Your neighbors kids don't pay taxes to you so your analogy flops right there. Sony isn't a neighbor kid, it's a major American based multi billion dollar corporation that pays taxes here and is a significant part of our economy. It's unreasonable to deny them protection.

That something is no identical in every way does not make it not an analogy. And that I am denying them protection is a strawman, I am not fighting overseas for them.
Nobody asked you to, silly.

I love hearing the idiots opine about what the Constition allows for our military. In fact, the Constitution allows broad discretionary power for our government to deploy our forces, form alliances, and sign treaties. The Branch Paulinians can whine about our global military presence, but they cannot claim it's unconstitutional. We have forces in South Korea. If anyone attacks North Korea, we'll defend it. Same with Japan.

So much for Kaz's idiotic theory that we don't fight for foreign nations.

I thought what he/she was saying was we don't fight for foreign corporations, not nations. It's actually up to Congress what we fight for, but my point is we're not in any way obligated or Constitutionally structured to fight for any corporation, whether foreign or domestic.

That's the ideal; of course in reality it doesn't pan out that way, especially if there are natural resources involved, which is not the case here, but that the result of having a corporate-controlled oligarchy; it's still not the ideal.

We need to send North Korea a lot of Kim's favorite French cheese, so he eats himself to death.

We need to send North Korea a lot of Kim's favorite French cheese, so he eats himself to death.
Why not give Dennis Rodman a disease, so he infects Kim Jong Un with it when he visits again?

About the only assassination strategy that stands a chance of success, as I am pretty sure Kim Jong Un has food testers and a personal chef.

Why not give Dennis Rodman a disease, so he infects Kim Jong Un with it when he visits again?

About the only assassination strategy that stands a chance of success, as I am pretty sure Kim Jong Un has food testers and a personal chef.
If you kill Kim Jong Stepstool, another one just like it will take its place.

I love hearing the idiots opine about what the Constition allows for our military. In fact, the Constitution allows broad discretionary power for our government to deploy our forces, form alliances, and sign treaties. The Branch Paulinians can whine about our global military presence, but they cannot claim it's unconstitutional. We have forces in South Korea. If anyone attacks North Korea, we'll defend it. Same with Japan.

I thought what he/she was saying was we don't fight for foreign corporations, not nations. It's actually up to Congress what we fight for, but my point is we're not in any way obligated or Constitutionally structured to fight for any corporation, whether foreign or domestic.

That's the ideal; of course in reality it doesn't pan out that way, especially if there are natural resources involved, which is not the case here, but that the result of having a corporate-controlled oligarchy; it's still not the ideal.
What are corporations? Are they not groups of people with resources invested towards a common goal?

What are corporations? Are they not groups of people with resources invested towards a common goal?

They are, yes.

"Group" is a neuter noun. And for good reason.

They are, yes.

"Group" is a neuter noun. And for good reason.
What you meant to say is: "I surrender."

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

09korea1-articleLarge-490x294.jpg
To accomplish what?

Have you seen what N. Korea looks like as far as infrastructure?

Korea_at_night_satellite_image.jpg

Exactly what is an EMP going to do to North Korea that Progressive/Communist ideology hasn't already accomplished?

It is Japanese, but the point is moot; the Constitution doesn't give the military (or Congress) the authority to act on behalf of foreign OR domestic companies. Really doesn't matter where it's based.

Say huh? Providing for the common defense of the American people is one of the most basic principles if not the most basic principle of the document. What you said is like saying a cook book has no recipes. Explain what is more basic than protecting the people of the United States in the Constitution? You have mental issues.

Let's run that back in slo-mo. See if you catch it.

Providing for the common defense of the American people is one of the most basic principles if not the most basic principle of the document

Indeed.
Oh I left a little clue in there. See if you can spot it.

Sony is not a "who". It's a "what".

Mental issues... SMH

Ah, this is your Marxism again. Businesses aren't people, got it. When people decide to transact business, we no longer have rights as human beings because we are enemies of the State to be monitored and tightly controlled. Got it, Karl. Thanks for that insight, I get it now. You're right, when I opened the doors of my business, I waived my Constitutional rights.

So Vladimir, what if the North Koreans bombed your house but didn't kill anyone? They only attacked your property, so the government can't defend you, right? What if they kill your dog and cut the tires on your car. Nope, still no people, they are clear.

You have mental issues.

Ah, this is your Marxism again. Businesses aren't people, got it. When people decide to transact business, we no longer have rights as human beings because we are enemies of the State to be monitored and tightly controlled. Got it, Karl. Thanks for that insight, I get it now. You're right, when I opened the doors of my business, I waived my Constitutional rights.

So Vladimir, what if the North Koreans bombed your house but didn't kill anyone? They only attacked your property, so the government can't defend you, right? What if they kill your dog and cut the tires on your car. Nope, still no people, they are clear.

You have mental issues.

Wow, wouldn't it be nice to see a Kaz post that doesn't immediately dip into the Crazy?

Businesses aren't people. They are subject to business law, and there are a whole lot of laws that protect their interests. heck, they even get taxed at a lower rate than people.

You have mental issues.

Wow, wouldn't it be nice to see a Kaz post that doesn't immediately dip into the Crazy?

Businesses aren't people. They are subject to business law, and there are a whole lot of laws that protect their interests. heck, they even get taxed at a lower rate than people.

Swish, wouldn't it be nice to see a JoeTheBigot post that actually addressed the point? And you talking about dipping into crazy? That's classic.

So, what about addressing the actual question? Your home is not people, your dog is not people, if North Koreans attack them can your country defend you? Apparently not according to you and Bongo.

It is Japanese, but the point is moot; the Constitution doesn't give the military (or Congress) the authority to act on behalf of foreign OR domestic companies. Really doesn't matter where it's based.

Say huh? Providing for the common defense of the American people is one of the most basic principles if not the most basic principle of the document. What you said is like saying a cook book has no recipes. Explain what is more basic than protecting the people of the United States in the Constitution? You have mental issues.

Providing for the common defense of the American people is one of the most basic principles if not the most basic principle of the document

Indeed.

Mental issues... SMH

You have mental issues.

his house would be a "what" --LOL

what if the NKs cyber attacked the government

another oh well its a "what"

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Indeed.

Mental issues... SMH

You have mental issues.

We are our life, liberty and property. Don't you like how Marxists like JoeTheBigot and Bongo don't care about property, yet they are obsessed with taking it from us? They are blinded by their greed. But to admit we have a right to our property would be to admit they don't have the right to freely take it from us. They don't grasp government protecting our property because they want government that is the greatest threat to taking our property from us.

Swish, wouldn't it be nice to see a JoeTheBigot post that actually addressed the point? And you talking about dipping into crazy? That's classic.

So, what about addressing the actual question? Your home is not people, your dog is not people, if North Koreans attack them can your country defend you? Apparently not according to you and Bongo.

Oh, I'm sorry, was there a question wrapped in your usual pile of crazy?

I wouldn't want us to go to war and kill thousands of people over a dog. that's just crazy talk.

I'm even less inclined to go to war over electronic data, which isn't even a physical thing. Especially when I'm not 100% sold the Norks were actually to blame. This STILL could just be a disgruntled Sony employee.

Indeed.

Mental issues... SMH

You have mental issues.

We are our life, liberty and property. Don't you like how Marxists like JoeTheBigot and Bongo don't care about property, yet they are obsessed with taking it from us? They are blinded by their greed. But to admit we have a right to our property would be to admit they don't have the right to freely take it from us. They don't grasp government protecting our property because they want government that is the greatest threat to taking our property from us.

they dont care about property as long as someone is not coming after theirs

Or we just aren't crazy people who think we should be going to war over Dogs or electronic data.

Sony didn't safeguard their data. They had 10 security breaches and did nothing to fix the problem until the Norks or some guy in his mother's basement decided to blow up their company.

Just like if I leave my widescreen sitting on my front porch, I really don't have much of a complaint is someone takes it.

Forum List

Back