Should We Hit North Korea With An EMP?

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

09korea1-articleLarge-490x294.jpg

Why bother. All you'd do is burn up a few 100 watt light bulbs!

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

Please refer to my previous comments and see what category you fall into.

emp_bomb_226.gif

Please refer to my previous comments and see what category you fall into.

I fall into the category that feels this thread is silly, so I responded in kind!

I'm extremely skeptical that one of the poorest countries on the planet has the technological ability, or desire, to hack Sony.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/sony-hack-skeptics,news-20037.html

Regardless, taking out what little technological advancements some North Koreans have for Sony's publicity stunt seems pointless and cruel.

Publicity stunt? Do you even know what they did to Sony?
Do you? What evidence has been provided to you that North Korea did anything at all? Yes, publicity stunt. Sony was hacked, no evidence North Korea had anything to do with it, and now they're pulling a movie and blaming a foreign government and making everyone want to see the movie to thumb their noses at Kim Jong Un so that they can make a lot of money on it.

I'm extremely skeptical that one of the poorest countries on the planet has the technological ability, or desire, to hack Sony.

Regardless, taking out what little technological advancements some North Koreans have for Sony's publicity stunt seems pointless and cruel.

You realize you're talking to an anarchist? If North Korea flew a plane and bombed his house and killed his family, Kevin would rally his neighbors to retaliate. He lives on a farm in the old west where he has like five neighbors who live peacefully. He doesn't see why anyone would need more government than their monthly cooperative neighborhood meeting in a world with billions of people who aren't all as nice as his neighbors are.
Oh brother.

Do you? What evidence has been provided to you that North Korea did anything at all? Yes, publicity stunt. Sony was hacked, no evidence North Korea had anything to do with it, and now they're pulling a movie and blaming a foreign government and making everyone want to see the movie to thumb their noses at Kim Jong Un so that they can make a lot of money on it.

The FBI released a detailed report about why they believe it was North Korea. Now either you think you're smarter than the FBI or you're one of those conspiracy kooks who thinks our government is under the sway of dark forces and is always lying to us. Either way, you're a hack not worthy of this discussion. Bye bye.

The FBI released a detailed report about why they believe it was North Korea. Now either you think you're smarter than the FBI or you're one of those conspiracy kooks who thinks our government is under the sway of dark forces and is always lying to us. Either way, you're a hack not worthy of this discussion. Bye bye.
And I provided a link detailing doubts about North Korea's capability and the lack of any real evidence. You can dismiss me if you want, but you're just blindly following a government that everybody knows lies to us regularly. Sorry if their word isn't enough for me.

It is never good policy to take revenge when an opponent discovers and takes advantage of one of your weaknesses. Better to strengthen the weakness so it can not be used against you in future attacks. Allow your opponent to have false sense of confidence and attempt a similar attack after you have prepared for it.

So in Pearl Harbor we should have just strengthened our air defenses? All we should do is sit and defend? That's ridiculous.
No, I recognize the difference between an offensive measure made as a defense against further attack, and a response based on emotion and for revenge.

No, you don't. If North Korea did this and it was against an American company, it is clearly an attack which should be responded to forcefully. However, as I already pointed out, it isn't an American company, it's a Japanese one and we aren't policeman to the world. You as liberals always do even when you have the right position it's for the wrong reason.

The measures being suggested in this thread do not seem to address the issue and suggest an escalation that would include the general public. I would be in favor of wreaking havoc on North Korea's abilities to mount a similar attack and attacking an entity of theirs with a similar hacking attack that would be many times more costly to them than the one they waged on Sony. Sony being a Japanese company, I would suggest they occupy the front line of attack.

You ALWAYS escalate if you respond Responding in kind is the dumbest thing you can do. Better to ignore it. You're a terrible strategist.
It's a multi-national company with a movie studio and thousands of stock holders (owners). They are due protection from foreign governments.

emp_bomb_226.gif

dont know what good it would do

they are mostly in the dark now

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

Amazing how many people think a lack of street lights means they also don't have formidable internet offensive capabilities even in the face of recent events that proves such an assumption foolish. I'm beginning to think I'm not dealing with intelligent people on this thread. Nearly all of you have proven to be embarrassingly stupid.

target them with conventional weapons

And kill people over an internet hack? I already addressed that in the OP.
You really only need to kill a few people. Let's start with

these:
620x434.jpg

Make them suffer a bit more and they will overthrow the little asshole.
And just what are they going to fight with to do that? Bamboo stalks?
10 million with bamboo stalks can take the little bastard out.

The NK military can't be real happy with the midget. I doubt they would fire on their friends and families.
I would hope not. But communists train soldiers and civilians to think of the State as the highest authority, commanding all their allegiance, fidelity, and priority, even above that of their family. They're instructed to report on their family if they hear any dissenting speech. Parents are told that their children are property of the State. With this kind of indoctrination, Chinese soldiers in Tiananmen Square fired on a group of unarmed protesters, something you could never get U.S. soldiers to do. Communism is designed to subjugate it's people so thoroughly that insurrection becomes unthinkable and their prisons are full of dissidents who found that out the hard way.

It will take a few years before the N. Koreans can launch a nuclear missile against the US. It will take them until at least 2020 to get an extension cord that long.[/QUOTE
dont know what good it would do

they are mostly in the dark now

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

Amazing how many people think a lack of street lights means they also don't have formidable internet offensive capabilities even in the face of recent events that proves such an assumption foolish. I'm beginning to think I'm not dealing with intelligent people on this thread. Nearly all of you have proven to be embarrassingly stupid.

target them with conventional weapons

And kill people over an internet hack? I already addressed that in the OP.

innocent people at the source

--LOL

ya aint going get em with an emt

--LOL

maybe melt em down with a return hack

--LOL

You don't really know what an EMP does, do you?

of course i do

Well, if we did hit them with an EMP, they probably would not be able to crank up their 1950 model tanks for a return engagement against S. Korea, so I say, go for it!

You realize you're talking to an anarchist? If North Korea flew a plane and bombed his house and killed his family, Kevin would rally his neighbors to retaliate. He lives on a farm in the old west where he has like five neighbors who live peacefully. He doesn't see why anyone would need more government than their monthly cooperative neighborhood meeting in a world with billions of people who aren't all as nice as his neighbors are.
Oh brother.

You'd shun the North Koreans, wow, that would make them crack...

Forum List

Back