Should we be fiscally responsible?

Should the USA be fiscally responsible?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Whatever you'd like. My point remains.

You made no point and you weren't even funny...

With TDS-ers .. the first thing they lose is their seems of humor... :wink_2:
Yes, Trump Devotion Syndrome is pretty powerful.

Go ahead and provide an informed, intelligent response to my point. Blow me away with your subject knowledge on my profession.

Looking forward to it. Educate me.

When you make a reasoned point .. I may respond...Grasshopper
And another one squirms and runs.

Good thing I'm used to it.

:lol: ...mmm .. maybe your too predictable..
Waiting patiently.

And it's "you're".

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.

Don't assume republican voters want out of control spending. Most of us don't. It is frustrating for us as well. Do you want us to bash Trump now? While I don't love the spending, which always happens, I do support the rest of his agenda. I for one am thrilled to get a guy who is so in tune with me on policy, and am not sure it is even possible to get a presidential candidate on any side who can stop the spending. People have asked before, even if you get an honest to God conservative president, how are they supposed to control the budget? They can't veto every spending bill indefinitely.

You made no point and you weren't even funny...

With TDS-ers .. the first thing they lose is their seems of humor... :wink_2:

Go ahead and provide an informed, intelligent response to my point. Blow me away with your subject knowledge on my profession.

Waiting patiently.

And it's "you're".
Eh, it sounds fine and you still haven't made a point other than you're a sourpuss Democrat and anal retentive.

Waiting patiently.

And it's "you're".
Eh, it sounds fine and you still haven't made a point other than you're a sourpuss Democrat and anal retentive.
You're still going. Is this really the best you can do? Is this all you do?

Come on. Educate me on macroeconomics, the Meltdown, spending. Show me how informed you are, how wrong I am.

Pretty please?

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
Now that the Republicans have proudly and bizarrely turned on a dime into hyper-Keyenisanism, it will once again be on the Democrats to turn things around.

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing. Hero worship.

Can the Democrats do it? I don't know. They're not exactly sane right now, either. But the GOP is simply a farce on this issue now.

You're relying on the Democrats to do something about spending? Don't hold your breath.
Well, now that the GOP is a fiscal farce, I have to look SOMEWHERE.

Please feel free to educate me on macroeconomics, spending and Keynesianism.

Look at the spending you're boys are proposing. That is going to help the debt how? Keep looking for that better option.

Now that the Republicans have proudly and bizarrely turned on a dime into hyper-Keyenisanism, it will once again be on the Democrats to turn things around.

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing.

Can the Democrats do it? I don't know. They're not exactly sane right now, either. But the GOP is simply a farce on this issue now.

Democrats turn things around.... :laughing0301:

Eh, clear the deadbeat, do nothing Democrats out of Congress and give Trump another term..

Democrats represent nothing but failure, cowardice and negativity with no signs of success whatever...

View attachment 302024
The Meltdown and recovery must have slipped past you.

Or, no, wait: It was all the Dems' fault.

The alternate universe remains alive and well.

I see that you're still in denial about being a left wing Democrat .. still stuck in your alternate universe.. :popcorn:
A Libertarian is just a Democrat that refuses to admit they're Democrats.
Now wait...Mac will claim he's not even a Libertarian.

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing. Hero worship.

You're relying on the Democrats to do something about spending? Don't hold your breath.

Look at the spending you're boys are proposing. That is going to help the debt how? Keep looking for that better option.
They want to pay for it by raising taxes to some insane degree. BUT AT LEAST THEY WANT TO PAY FOR IT.

When did you become a hyper-Keynesian? Do you even know it happened?

Do you even know what I'm talking about?

We have not been debt free since 1835 under Andrew Jackson and that lasted a grand total of one year. Yes we should be fiscally responsible but we aren't and have not been for a very, very long time no matter if it's the Republicans in charge or the Democrats and I don't see that changing. We can blame the politicans all day and they for sure have their share of it but let's be real honest the voters Democrats and Republicans would never put or keep any politican in office who ran on doing the hard painful long term things necessary to deal with the debt and spending.

I had no idea we've been in debt for so long. I was hoping it was a more recent bout of irresponsibility. This kind of dampens my day.

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing.

Democrats turn things around.... :laughing0301:

Eh, clear the deadbeat, do nothing Democrats out of Congress and give Trump another term..

Democrats represent nothing but failure, cowardice and negativity with no signs of success whatever...

View attachment 302024
The Meltdown and recovery must have slipped past you.

Or, no, wait: It was all the Dems' fault.

The alternate universe remains alive and well.

I see that you're still in denial about being a left wing Democrat .. still stuck in your alternate universe.. :popcorn:
A Libertarian is just a Democrat that refuses to admit they're Democrats.
Now wait...Mac will claim he's not even a Libertarian.
I'm a Libertarian now? Huh?

What in the world is wrong with you people?

They want to pay for it by raising taxes to some insane degree. BUT AT LEAST THEY WANT TO PAY FOR IT.

I think you need to ask you're boys how they are going to pay for it. They get a bit fuzzy there. It is like the underpants gnomes on South Park. Underpants + ? = profit. They will make people pay alright, but it will do nothing to the price tags they are gunning for.

I think you need to ask you're boys how they are going to pay for it. They get a bit fuzzy there. It is like the underpants gnomes on South Park. Underpants + ? = profit. They will make people pay alright, but it will do nothing to the price tags they are gunning for.
The Democrats, as I have pointed out numerous times, have lost their minds.

Do you think I don't notice you trying to change the subject?

We should but we ain't.
In fact, im not sure why it would even matter anymore.
Well we certainly aren't. I do think it matters quite a bit. China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy. If they do that and continue to have a lower gdp/debt ratio we are in big trouble. Their currency would likely become the currency of the world and we'd become Greece.

China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy.

If you believe lying Commie stats...….

Their currency would likely become the currency of the world

Their house of cards is looking a little unsteady. And nobody wants to hold Yuan.
It's a reason why it is important. Right now they have faster growth and are in a much better debt situation. In fact, quite a bit of our interest goes to them. Our debt/gdp ratio is one of the worst in the world.
Our criminally corrupt government could easily become fiscally responsible. It’s not hard. Merely eliminate the many departments and agencies of the government that do nothing for 90% of Americans. Such as the War Department, CIA, NSA, FBI, Homeland Security, FDA, DOE, USDA, etc.....there are so many, that I could fill the page.

Change the subject from you're assertion that Democrats will fix out of control spending? I'm not deflecting, I've stated many times I wish we could control spending. Bashing Trump will not help the situation any, so I'll take the wins I can get.

Change the subject from you're assertion that Democrats will fix out of control spending? I'm not deflecting, I've stated many times I wish we could control spending. Bashing Trump will not help the situation any, so I'll take the wins I can get.
I know. Follow your leader. I expect nothing else.

Waiting patiently.

And it's "you're".
You're still going. Is this really the best you can do? Is this all you do?

Come on. Educate me on macroeconomics, the Meltdown, spending. Show me how informed you are, how wrong I am.

Pretty please?

Nope .. I'm here for the fun of it tonight .. not babysitting..

Last edited:

You're hostility to this president is remarkable. He has a long column of wins, and you are holding you're nose like a child. I think you need to learn to take a win. Praying for a communist takeover doesn't really seem like a solution.

You're hostility to this president is remarkable. He has a long column of wins, and you are holding you're nose like a child. I think you need to learn to take a win. Praying for a communist takeover doesn't really seem like a solution.
"Praying for a communist takeover".

Okay, go away. I don't remember you being this consistently dishonest. I was wrong. Trump Devotion Syndrome has consumed you.

"Praying for a communist takeover".

Okay, go away. I don't remember you being this consistently dishonest. I was wrong. Trump Devotion Syndrome has consumed you.

Am I being dishonest? Look in the mirror. You are saying a party that wants to spike spending even more will be able to pay for it and be the solution. You do know the side effect of all that spending will be government control and fewer choices for the consumer. If I have you're position wrong, feel free to give it. Otherwise we will just have to guess. You want these clowns in power, and preach the virtues of regulation. I'm not the one that has to defend the democrat platform.

Forum List

Back